• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    I haven't played and Pokemon games since Emerald, and I'd like to start again. I'm going to hold off on Gen V for now, and start back on Gen IV. Which of them is best/better than the others? In my experience, the third of the series (Yellow for Gen I, Crystal for Gen II, Emerald for Gen III) is usually most satisfying for me, but here I am unsure. I've looked online, and compared the trio, but I just cannot choose between them. Which should I consider buying?

Also, if anyone could explain, in fine detail, how the Wi-Fi trading works, I would greatly appreciate it. I've read about it, but the explaination was rather unclear for me.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
    Years
    well, i havent played platinum, but if you have to choose between diam. and pearl, go with pearl. i like palkia way more than dialga, and on pearl i seemed to get better builds with my teams, idk why.

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I recently bought Platinum after considering all three because I heard it was better than Diamond and Pearl...at least in terms of things like graphics, storyline, new features, stuff like that.

I never played Diamond or Pearl, but Platinum seemed like the better choice to me =)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Platinum easily - hard to go past the improved version of the game which fixed issues (like Surfing speed, etc), and added more content (Distortion World, Battle Frontier, etc). I feel this thread's outcome would be somewhat predictable tbh. XD (Besides in the long run in Platinum you can get all three legendaries in Dialga/Palkia/Giratina - in Diamond/Pearl you can only get two).

As for wifi trading - if you have access to a wireless internet connection that'll work with your DS (if you have a router check the nintendo website if you want to confirm if it'll work/how to change settings on it if needed - a Nintendo Wifi router works too) then establising that connection to your DS (straightforward process) allows you to trade/battle people from around the world from your DS. It's be all there in the game manual though in great detail.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks, to all of you, for replying. I like having user ratings more than a sites comparision of the three, because it can better address individual issues with the games. Again, thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hate DP. The Pokedex is small. Why introduce a BIG batch of new evolutions, and not even include them in the first two games? We had to wait for Platinum for them! Ridiculous! Platinum gets my vote, obviously. Just...what were they thinking? And that speed in DP...omg i can't even.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Platinum. I own all three, and Platinum is the best by far. Expanded Pokedex and storyline, new characters, THAT SURFING SPEED and THOSE VS SPRITES and all the other goodies like extra moves and stuff. Without a doubt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back