• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    600th REPLY, because gabe_k took the 600th post!

Anyway, DP is considered one of the hardest things to hack now, but I wonder... is it stable like Ruby or Firered, or like Emerald. 1 little mistake and the game dies.
    And on the binary theory, isn't it kinda harder to get the correct 8 numbers like 00101102*?
    I say HEX is easier, especially if you have Romtext. It translated HEX to English. I even have this thing memorized: 00 - spacebar.
    Anyway, that's my theory, even if t don't make sense.

~YX

I guess think about it this way.
    Let's say you had to memorize a value that stands for a symbol.
    FE = \n
    or
    11111110 = \n
    The binary line would be harder.

And also, lets say you screwed up one number in that binary line, you could have something totally different. There's just more room for error working with binary.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
    Hmm. I have never HEX edited before but I found this area. It all seems to relate to Nintendo WFC. I may have found text or something?

Spoiler:

Anything?

~Smell

Years
    Hmm. I have never HEX edited before but I found this area. It all seems to relate to Nintendo WFC. I may have found text or something?

Spoiler:

Anything?

~Smell

Yes, i've found that. It's not really the in game text, as it just seems to be writen entirely different

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I've treid that, and it doesn't work for me at all. It says it was patchted, but it never makes the changes :/

Well, now I wish I had a hex-editor. I need to learn this before MAY. (the release date for the better tools0

Years
    Hey, I could not fall asleep... So i made this...
    Gym leader1--> 0x1C2F854
    Gym leader2--> 0x1C2FF70
    Gym leader3--> 0x1C2FFd0
    Gym leader4--> 0x1C2FFA0
    Gym leader5--> 0x1C30000
    Gym leader6--> 0x1C2F8D0
    Gym leader7--> 0x1C30030
    Gym leader8--> 0x1C30070
    Im not shure about the last gym leader... I don't have a savefile for D/P So i could not test them...

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
    Hey, I could not fall asleep... So i made this...

Im not shure about the last gym leader... I don't have a savefile for D/P So i could not test them...

good job.... i may be able to test them, but i cant right now... my brother wants on. i'll see if i can test it soon though...
    p.s.
    did you finish that trainer list yet?

-gamefreakfatty

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    Have we found ANYTHING on map editing? It's ok if ya havent but i see youre making prgress so...

Years
    Gabe_k said that mapping was at about 50%...
    And a mapping program was 10%...
    But i don't know...
    did you finish that trainer list yet?
    Nope this is only the start... I made some more traniers to the list today... But i gues i wont post them yet... (Unlees that some one realy want them?)
    But all this stuff is pretty hard for me without being able to test all the stuff...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back