• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    i highly doubt that it's mapping. mapping in d/p is very different from any of the other games. It's 3d, not like anything else.

But each block has a specific byte am I right?
    You cant have a couple of bytes over each other to form a 3d object?
    3d mapping would be very hard, you need four different pictures, and a script that would make them revolve around each other.

Two for the sides, one for face on, and one for birds eye. Because that way it changes automatically. I'm still a bit confused, i'll search for more of this sometime later.

Years
    well what i believe it is, judging by my texture hacks, is that the ground is made up of alot of different 3d objects. i wonder why nintendo would do this, but i am very sure it is.

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
    But each block has a specific byte am I right?
    You cant have a couple of bytes over each other to form a 3d object?
    3d mapping would be very hard, you need four different pictures, and a script that would make them revolve around each other.

Two for the sides, one for face on, and one for birds eye. Because that way it changes automatically. I'm still a bit confused, i'll search for more of this sometime later.

I don't believe that is how 3D texturing works. I remember skinning in the first "The Sims" games... It was all just one single image that wrapped around a 3D frame. If all 3D works the same way, then the 3D for D/P would have to be a 3D frame with a picture aka texture wrapped around the 3D frame.
    In case you don't understand what I mean by all this:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3231986&postcount=327

Years
    that would be nice :/ but from working with the textures, i can say almost definently, even the ground is 3d, just textured, but it's a 3d object. nintendo seems to just want to prove "we can do 3d on pokiemanz now"

There's 2d images that aren't sprites, but are similar artwork... starting pages, etc... Maybe? I don't rly know what I'm talking about in this area LOL.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Heres more information regarding the base stats

1C159DC-1C1AFF7 Base Stats

1 = HP
    2 = Defense
    3 = Speed
    4 = Special Attack
    5 = Special Defense
    6 = Type 1
    7 = Type 2
    8 - Rarity factor
    9 - EXP Factor
    A = Effort Yield
    B = Effort Yield
    C =
    D =
    E =
    F =
    10 =
    11 = Sex Delcaration
    12 =
    13 =
    14 = Rank (0-5)
    15 = Egg Group 1
    16 = Egg Group 2
    17 =
    18 =
    19 =
    1A =
    1B =
    1C =
    1D = TM Switches 1-8
    1E = TM Switches 9-16
    1F = TM Switches 17-24
    20 = TM Switches 25-32
    21 = TM Switches 33-40
    22 = TM Switches 41-48
    23 = TM Switches 49-56
    24 = TM Switches 57-64
    25 = TM Switches 65-72
    26 = TM Switches 73-80
    27 = TM Switches 81-88
    28 = TM Switches 89-92 / HM 1-4
    29 = HM 5-8
    2A =
    2B =
    2C =

Years
    Heres more information regarding the base stats

1C159DC-1C1AFF7 Base Stats

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! :D
    I've got the whole list now. I was missing all those TM/HM switches, (I'm too lazy to test in Diamond yet. My computer's still too slow.)
    I've now got what every byte means.
    Code:
    1 - HP
    2 - Attack
    3 - Defense
    4 - Speed
    5 - Special Attack
    6 - Special Defense
    7 - Type 1
    8 - Type 2
    9 - Catch Rate
    A - Base XP
    B - Effort Yield1
    C - Effort Yield2
    D - Item1
    E - Item 1
    F - Item 2
    10 - Item 2
    11 - Gender Chance
    12 - Steps for Egg to hatch
    13 - Base Happiness?
    14 - Experience Type
    15 - Egg Type 1
    16 - Egg Type 2
    17 - Special Ability 1
    18 - Special Ability 2
    19 - Safari Run Chance
    1A - Colour
    1B - Padding
    1C - Padding
    1D - TM Switches 1-8
    1E - TM Switches 9-16
    1F - TM Switches 17-24
    20 - TM Switches 25-32
    21 - TM Switches 33-40
    22 - TM Switches 41-48
    23 - TM Switches 49-56
    24 - TM Switches 57-64
    25 - TM Switches 65-72
    26 - TM Switches 73-80
    27 - TM Switches 81-88
    28 - TM Switches 89-92 / HM 1-4
    29 - HM 5-8
    2A - Padding
    2B - Padding
    2C - Padding

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    AWESOME! Now I can make a nearly fully function Pokemon Editor for DP. :P GO TEAM!! :D Sadly it will need some heavy testing due to the fact that you didn't test them when making the list. :(

Good job though. :) Both of you.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    Actually, I compared the variables I found with the ones in gold, and obviously I know what they all mean in Gold, so I just matched them up. However, the final list seems pretty solid, a few might be questionable, but it seems we pretty much figured it all out. Good job everyone.

Also, just to confirm with thex4, heres the locations of what TM/HM's teach

FC4EC-FC5A3 TMs
    FC5A4-FC5B3 HMs

Also...
    1DE1B8-1DE2FB Strengths/Weaknesses types

Last edited:
    Years
    Actually, I compared the variables I found with the ones in gold, and obviously I know what they all mean in Gold, so I just matched them up. However, the final list seems pretty solid, a few might be questionable, but it seems we pretty much figured it all out. Good job everyone.

I did the same thing. Up to byte 1C, for every pokemon I checked, they had the same 'byte order' between GBA and NDS. Since I knew all the meanings of the GBA bytes, and they were the same for each Pokemon, therefore I concluded the bytes had the same meaning up to 1C.
    I look back now, and I think I'll double check on those three paddings I added at the end. I checked it on a few Pokemon, and each time it was "00 00 00", but I'll keep looking just in case it does vary for some of them.

Oh, and Coolboyman, I already had those offsets, I've put them in a little DP hex editing tutorial I posted a couple of days ago.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    And here is a list of all the Special Abilities I made, I thought I may as well share them. :P

Code:
    00 None
    01 Stench
    02 Drizzle
    03 Speed Boost
    04 Battle Armor
    05 Sturdy
    06 Damp
    07 Limber
    08 Sand Veil
    09 Static
    0A Volt Absorb
    0B Water Absorb
    0C Oblivious
    0D Cloud Nine
    0E Compoundeyes
    0F Insomnia
    10 Color Change
    11 Immunity
    12 Flash Fire
    13 Shield Dust
    14 Own Tempo
    15 Suction Cups
    16 Intimidate
    17 Shadow Tag
    18 Rough Skin
    19 Wonder Guard
    1A Levitate
    1B Effect Spore
    1C Synchronize
    1D Clear Body
    1E Natural Cure
    1F Lightningrob
    20 Serene Grace
    21 Swift Swim
    22 Chlorophyll
    23 Illuminate
    24 Trace
    25 Huge Power
    26 Poison Point
    27 Inner Focus
    28 Magma Armor
    29 Water Veil
    2A Magnet Pull
    2B Soundproof
    2C Rain Dish
    2D Sand Stream
    2E Pressure
    2F Thick Fat
    30 Early Bird
    31 Flame Body
    32 Run Away
    33 Keen Eye
    34 Hyper Cutter
    35 Pickup
    36 Truant
    37 Hustle
    38 Cute Charm
    39 Plus
    3A Minus
    3B Forecast
    3C Sticky Hold
    3D Shed Skin
    3E Guts
    3F Marvel Scale
    40 Liquid Ooze
    41 Overgrow
    42 Blaze
    43 Torrent
    44 Swarm
    45 Rock Head
    46 Drought
    47 Arena Trap
    48 Vital Spirit
    49 White Smoke
    4A Pure Power
    4B Shell Armor
    4C Air Lock
    4D Tangled Feet
    4E Motor Drive
    4F Rivalry
    50 Steadfast
    51 Snow Cloak
    52 Gluttony
    53 Anger Point
    54 Unburden
    55 Heatproof
    56 Simple
    57 Dry Skin
    58 Download
    59 Iron Fist
    5A Poison Heal
    5B Adaptability
    5C Skill Link
    5D Hydration
    5E Solar Power
    5F Quick Feet
    60 Normalize
    61 Sniper
    62 Magic Guard
    63 No Guard
    64 Stall
    65 Technician
    66 Leaf Guard
    67 Klutz
    68 Mold Breaker
    69 Super Luck
    6A Aftermath
    6B Anicipation
    6C Forewarn
    6D Unaware
    6E Tinted Lens
    6F Filter
    70 Slow Start
    71 Scrappy
    72 Storm Drain
    73 Ice Body
    74 Solid Rock
    75 Snow Warning
    76 Honey Gather
    77 Frisk
    78 Reckless
    79 Multitype
    7A Flower Gift
    7B Bad Dreams

Enjoy. :D

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    hey i looked through like 5 pages and could not find a new program is there anyway to change the pokedex yet without hex editor because i found this on youtube the whole melding things is a bit weird but......yeah any programs u got that u can change the way a pokemon looks during battle in the pokeddex ect........................................youtube link youtube.com/watch?v=wKa51Gujd2Y i can not send a link because i have not sent 15 posts but just put htt:// infront and done

btw skip the first few mins of the vid

Last edited:
    Years
    hey i looked through like 5 pages and could not find a new program is there anyway to change the pokedex yet without hex editor because i found this on youtube the whole melding things is a bit weird but......yeah any programs u got that u can change the way a pokemon looks during battle in the pokeddex ect........................................youtube link youtube.com/watch?v=wKa51Gujd2Y i can not send a link because i have not sent 15 posts but just put htt:// infront and done

PokeSpam Inc. Tool Showcase
    Here are some tools... But not any thing for editing the pokedex... But it's very very esay...
    0x37B0020 Then the pokemon of are listed up in the order og siinoh...
    If you want to do this you can learn it in 5-10 minuts...

Years

i don't think pokedspic can edit battle animations, but i may be wrong. also, that video's the biggest load of crap i've ever seen :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2008
    from what i have read we're really far in hacking D/P i am a beginner and though i won't start on diamond or pearl till i'm fimmilar with the advance seires FR/LG/R/S/E though i do wish you good luck

Years
    from what i have read we're really far in hacking D/P i am a beginner and though i won't start on diamond or pearl till i'm fimmilar with the advance seires FR/LG/R/S/E though i do wish you good luck

that's a nice idea, but being familiar with the advance games will do you almost no good when it comes to mapping in d/p.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2008
    with what people are sayinjg about a pokemon yellow remake the code for the pokemon following you is already in the game i'm not sure where but a pokemon will follow you in amity square. I'm not sure if this is useful or not though

Years
    with what people are sayinjg about a pokemon yellow remake the code for the pokemon following you is already in the game i'm not sure where but a pokemon will follow you in amity square. I'm not sure if this is useful or not though

You are about the third you who say it in this thread... We don't know about scripting yet here in these games... realy, Do you think we just very fast recreate all the kanto maps, withe our knowlege, and do all kanto scripts, with the knowing about scripting in DP?
    Im sorry if i sound rush, I don't meant to be...

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2008
    i didn't say anything about the script all i said the the hex code for a pokemon to follow you is already in the game i read through that whole thread and i didn't see anything which said that the hex code for a pokemon following you is in the game. I'm sorry if i implied i was talking about the script but i wasn't

Years
    i didn't say anything about the script all i said the the hex code for a pokemon to follow you is already in the game i read through that whole thread and i didn't see anything which said that the hex code for a pokemon following you is in the game. I'm sorry if i implied i was talking about the script but i wasn't

It's the hex of the script, it's all hex. We don't know anything about the following script, we can do NOTHING with it yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back