• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    ... I have a bmd viewer, but it never works to display maps.
    huh? nsbmd *does* work if you copy-pasta the right parts. (read: the part thats the actual bmd0). You cannot really recognize a lot it's no textures and buildings after all. but that's a different problem and actually THAT is one of the problems that needs to be solved like all these things:

- finding out what file descripes what map (filename<->route city name)
    - finding the appropiate texture file for each mapfile
    - finding out how "imports" work gabe_k obviously made some progress here as the white house shows
    i'd love to know more about that.
    -any info about collision (probably not so hard to find but to my knowledge noone actually did that yet) warps etc and how they are linked to script files (and what are the script files)
    -more info on how to edit polygons is IMHO not required it the meshes are nsbmd format that's well documented,
    lets focus on things that are not

also to anyone contributing use the filesystem not raw ofsets. Even if you first found it in raw ofsets. it's way more flexible and helpful if you talk about the ofsets in file xyz & you get way more information that way

Years
    I didn't do anything with ndsbmd after it didn't display the map first try :/ The white house was just copying another bmd model ans pasting it over the mart. I'm very sure the warps are in the script narc, as I managed to swap a few.

Years
    huh? nsbmd *does* work if you copy-pasta the right parts. (read: the part thats the actual bmd0). You cannot really recognize a lot it's no textures and buildings after all. but that's a different problem and actually THAT is one of the problems that needs to be solved like all these things:

- finding out what file descripes what map (filename<->route city name)
    - finding the appropiate texture file for each mapfile
    - finding out how "imports" work gabe_k obviously made some progress here as the white house shows
    i'd love to know more about that.
    -any info about collision (probably not so hard to find but to my knowledge noone actually did that yet) warps etc and how they are linked to script files (and what are the script files)
    -more info on how to edit polygons is IMHO not required it the meshes are nsbmd format that's well documented,
    lets focus on things that are not

also to anyone contributing use the filesystem not raw ofsets. Even if you first found it in raw ofsets. it's way more flexible and helpful if you talk about the ofsets in file xyz & you get way more information that way

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I know about the texture files. I'm pretty sure they are under feilddata/areadata/area_map_tex/map_tex_set.narc. Also, I assume the way it reference the textures is right after the BDHC thing, since that's where textures are on normal bmd models.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I know about the texture files. I'm pretty sure they are under feilddata/areadata/area_map_tex/map_tex_set.narc. Also, I assume the way it reference the textures is right after the BDHC thing, since that's where textures are on normal bmd models.

yes there is a section with the names of the used textures and materials (these grass0 strings and so on). The real question remains how does the game find the correct file in fielddata/areadata/area_map_tex/ ?

Years
    yes there is a section with the names of the used textures and materials (these grass0 strings and so on). The real question remains how does the game find the correct file in fielddata/areadata/area_map_tex/ ?

I know, but as I said there is that BDHC thing there instead of the textures like other models, I'll play around with it and see what I can find.

SkH

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Ufff - -' Are you going to ask this every week?
    If there is news, it'll be put on his homepage and he'll come here to tell us (you - -').

Btw, I'm working on a Wild Pokémon Editor.. but DON'T ask anything - -'

O-okay. But it's seems like nothing going on there (and there). Sorry?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    O-okay. But it's seems like nothing going on there (and there). Sorry?
    loadingNOW only updates his site with something big I guess ;)
    Anyway, here's a screenshot of the Wild Pokémon Editor I'm working on.
    I need to work on the layout, I know (suggestions through PM).
    And, I need to complete the Route list :p
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    I have a semi-complete route list if you want it. It has 44 offsets I believe. It was from a Chinese list translated to English. Tell me if you want it, I'll send it in a PM.
    No thank you! l0ls
    I'm still working on my list and I have 150+ entries already ^^
    Should be done tomorrow. I'm now watching 'The Last Samurai' (Again :P)

EDIT:
    The list is finished. 183 entries/offsets/whatever if anyone is interested :P
    Now I just need to test everything, but that needs to wait till tonight, when I'm with my dad.

EDIT2:
    People checking this thread will know I released WPEDS.
    I didn't test the changes in-game though.

Last edited:

stezy

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2008
    Wow, been keeping track of this thread, and its comming along really well, thanks gabe_k

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    There is no hack coming there are only small tools no map or scripting tools. Also that wild pokemon editor is just fancy. I wish I had vista.

Years
    can you give me something to edit my DP rom? please?

https://www.mh-nexus.de/hxd/ is the tool that I use most.

There is no hack coming there are only small tools no map or scripting tools. Also that wild pokemon editor is just fancy. I wish I had vista.

Actualy there's a realllllllyyyy old and outdated display script reader for dp, but I never released the full tool. Also, why would you need vista for the encounter editor? <.<

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back