• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Dudes, new sprite rip from Platinum, this looks like it will be an interesting game to add to our Diamond and Pearl tools so far...

lol3.png

Um, credits for Zeikku for the sprites. They actually are new ones, from Platinum, and there are a lot of sprites with minute changes, which should be interesting.

...Remind me what that has to do with DP hacking?

Hapi-San

uh.. ?
    Years
  • I apologise if this has already been answered here, but is there a way to extract the files from within sound_data.sdat? sdattool doesn't work for me, as it just crashes on specifying the file.

Years
  • Attachment is what happens whenever I open a Pearl rom in NO$GBA. Little help?

This doesn't belong in this section my friend =)
    But I had the same problem with Diamond, I just messed around with the save settings.c
    I dont know how, but check youtube for it, and also check youtube for the save problem.

So D/P hacking is possible, I wonder how long it will take till we perfection it.
    Still I think it's to early to hack D/P, People haven't even perfectioned the emulator yet.
    But besides that It would be awsome to see some D/p hacks next year or so.

Years
  • This doesn't belong in this section my friend =)
    But I had the same problem with Diamond, I just messed around with the save settings.c
    I dont know how, but check youtube for it, and also check youtube for the save problem.

So D/P hacking is possible, I wonder how long it will take till we perfection it.
    Still I think it's to early to hack D/P, People haven't even perfectioned the emulator yet.
    But besides that It would be awsome to see some D/p hacks next year or so.

Yeah, people have perfected the emulator.

Hapi-San

uh.. ?
    Years
  • Well, I don't know how to, but you might as well open up the good old hex editor and see what you can do.

Fair point. I know the format has online documentation. I was just wondering if there was a ready-made application that could make my life easier before I did that.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Nope, don't think there is. I think a program exists to extract the files, but no program exists to insert them.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    The one that supposedly extracts them crashes with this file.. ah well, I'll look into the format then. I have no qualms with that. :P
    I see. Well if someone with programming knowledge would be willing to make an extractor and inserter, that'd be great for music hacking. I myself don't half the programming knowledge to do so.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • With the Japanese version of Platinum coming, a question has come to mind: Are there text editors for D/P yet? If so, what are they and what are the odds that they will work with Platinum for a crude translation like babelfish(so as to bide my time until the American release)?

Poryhack

March 14th
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    This kinda got ignored before, can anyone at least tell me if what I'm trying to accomplish is possible (in a practical sense) or not?

I've read the entire thread but found no mention of editing the pokemon sprites. (Yes, I know PokeTEX does trainer sprites.) I posted in the simple questions thread about it and got ignored, so I'm gonna post here.

Through much trial and error I've gotten PokeDSPic to somewhat work. (I've also found that the palettes have to be manualy edited in the process and that Photoshop apparently can't index them correctly.) However it still screws up my sprite a bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me how to fix this or at least that I'm doing nothing wrong. I have a feeling the problems may just be a result of bugs in the program; so maybe now that it's been open-sourced they can be fixed.

Anyway, here's a comparison (original is on the left):

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • This kinda got ignored before, can anyone at least tell me if what I'm trying to accomplish is possible (in a practical sense) or not?

I've read the entire thread but found no mention of editing the pokemon sprites. (Yes, I know PokeTEX does trainer sprites.) I posted in the simple questions thread about it and got ignored, so I'm gonna post here.

Through much trial and error I've gotten PokeDSPic to somewhat work. (I've also found that the palettes have to be manualy edited in the process and that Photoshop apparently can't index them correctly.) However it still screws up my sprite a bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me how to fix this or at least that I'm doing nothing wrong. I have a feeling the problems may just be a result of bugs in the program; so maybe now that it's been open-sourced they can be fixed.

Anyway, here's a comparison (original is on the left):
    I imagine that it has to do with the colors that you're using because certain ones don't work because of the palette or something so they turn in to a different color. I don't know though because I don't do anything with sprite or palette editing. I'm probably not of much help.

have the tools everyones been talking about come out ye?
    What tools have everyone been talking about? The sound extracting/inserting utility, the PokeDSPic program, the text editing program PokeText, or ("can I have") a map editor and/or script editing program?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back