• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    I posted this in pichu2000's tutorial but I'm not sure anyone noticed it, it was a sequence of three edits:

Here is an example of trainer battle events and of trainer battle scripts.

These are trainers in Route 202.
    Code:
    00 00 04 00 0F 00 01 00 00 00 [B]B8 0B[/B] 01 00 05 00
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 A6 00 2D 03 00 00 01 00 
    01 00 06 00 0F 00 01 00 00 00 [B]BA 0B[/B] 01 00 04 00 
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B5 00 32 03 00 00 01 00
    02 00 04 00 0F 00 01 00 00 00 [B]B9 0B[/B] 01 00 05 00 
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B9 00 24 03 00 00 01 00
    For certain battles, the battle is linked from the event file by using a number between 0xBB8 and 0xF08. These battles are ordered according to trdata.narc and trpoke.narc

This is the second battle with Cyrus:

E5 00 94 01 00 00 EC

If you search the script file for E500 you will get 102 instances. Not all of these are trainer battles. Only the ones that have a number between 0x1 and 0x1 and 0x351.

A warp is showed in this way

74(bOH) 6B 03(Animation) 9C 01(Maps in which you are going to go)

Here's a list of Warp - Maps

This should be

74 00 6B 03 9C 01 00 00
    [2 bytes for X coordinate] [2 bytes for Y coordinate] [two bytes for Map Number] [2 bytes for warp number within that map]

The event files have 4 sections.
    As of now I don't know what the first and last are for but I will figure it out.

The file starts out with 4 bytes telling you how many of the first type of events there are. Then each entry is 0x14 bytes long.
    Then come 4 bytes telling you how many "person" events there are. Each person event is 0x20 bytes long.
    Then come 4 bytes telling you how many warps there are. Each warp event is 0xC bytes long.
    Then come 4 bytes telling you how many of the fourth type of events there are. Each of these events is 0x10 bytes long.

Now all locations use all of these types of event. When a type is not used the 4 bytes which tell you how many of that type there are will be 00000000, then then next 4 bytes will be how many of the next type of event there are.

There are a few event files which don't have any events at all. The look like:
    00000000 0000000 00000000 00000000

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
    hello people, i have a question for D-trogh, where is that sprite editing tool? its not in the Toolbox. where can u download it, i have a friend who is good at sprite editing. And some one tell rucariox TO STOP POSTING DUMB GLITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    hello people, i have a question for D-trogh, where is that sprite editing tool? its not in the Toolbox. where can u download it, i have a friend who is good at sprite editing. And some one tell rucariox TO STOP POSTING DUMB GLITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you mean the overworld sprite editor? This one is still a work in progress.
    Poketex is also one you can use (but D-Trogh's will be easier to use).
    You can find links to in in this thread. Please search.

For pokemon sprites look in the thread for PokeDSPic by loadingNOW.

Last edited:

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
    Do you mean the overworld sprite editor? This one is still a work in progress.
    Poketex is also one you can you (but D-Trogh's will be easier to us).
    You can find links to in in this thread. Please search.

For pokemon sprites look in the thread for PokeDSPic by loadingNOW.
    I already have poketex, i mean who dosen't have it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Hi everybody. I read earlier(much earlier) that someone said we could edit sprites in D/P/P completely. Well, do you mean all sprites, including in-battle Pokemon and Trainer Sprites, or only overworld sprites? Could someone clarify?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Well that's good. Do you or anyone anyone know how to change the types I mentioned before, i.e. in-battle trainer and pokemon sprites?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks for the link, but I'm clueless. How do I get the .narc files? And it only has things about Platinum. Can you help?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    Thanks for the link, but I'm clueless. How do I get the .narc files? And it only has things about Platinum. Can you help?
    Get Nitro Explorer 2 from : https://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=3369

Open the rom with Nitro Explorer 2 and look in the poketool folder then in the pokegra folder for the pokemon sprites. Use the extract function to save these narc files to your computer.

Look in the trgra folder for two narc files with trainer sprites.

I believe I included loadingNOW's version for DP in my package. But if not then you can download it at loadingNOW's site:
    https://pokeguide.filb.de/ (look for the link to PokeDSPic).

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Thanks! I just need the location in Nitro Explorer of these sprites: The Pokeball throw animation, the Trainer ID picture, and the overworld sprites. I found the icon for the player in the trgra folder, but when I changed it, nothing happened. Could you please help? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    Gym Leader Pics in the Trainer Card

Does anybody know how the pictures of the Gym Leaders in the Trainer Card can be edited??? THX

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    you know Cristalaky Tlie works just as well as nitro explorrer?and i also found the hp bar for when your battleing. theres tons of pictures just sitting there all you have to do is browse throgh the rom.
    Do you mean Crystal Tile? Does it allow you to insert narc files that are a different size than the original?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    D-Trogh could you give me the link to the programs you used to change main character?
    The Overworld Editor is mine, and isn't released yet..
    But, I uploaded a video on YouTube that shows people how to edit the overworlds with TileMolester; and TM can easily be found by searching on the interwebs!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back