• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • Shiny Latios, this is a Warning for you. If you would have read the community rules, you would have seen that linking to illegal material is not allowed here. This includes ROMs.

Also, Blazichu, please don't quote such posts. x.X

The specified posts have been deleted.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Not exactly... I've made many table files for GBA games, but the DS is a whole new ball-game! I thought that I found a perfect match, but when I changed it, the game crashed. So if you do get a good table file, congrats! That's tough, definetly not a 5 minute job, atleast...not for me

It might perhaps use some sort of compression maybe you overwrote some sort of vital instruction? Where exactly did your game crash?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • It might perhaps use some sort of compression maybe you overwrote some sort of vital instruction? Where exactly did your game crash?

Well, right before the game began one time, and another it crashed right after the intro ended. The compression for the DS is pretty hard stuff, it's hard not to over-write stuff!

My penpal (who is japanese) can already hack Pokemon: D/P to the full! I'll try and get the japanese websites he got his tools from and babelfish them!
    Wow! That's quite a feat! Though to be completly honest with you I don't fully believe it... But if you prove me wrong I will openly state it here! Trust me I want it to be true!!!!!!

Remember all, this is for discussing DP hacking and I suppose theories on it, please don't just state that you can't wait and what you want to change...we all know how much we all want to hack Diamond and Pearl. :)

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • When we are finally able to change everything in d/p. We will be so much closer to game hacking bliss. This will be so awesome. Also i have seen a guy on a different forum that had all of the d/p sprites, and maps. But i don't remember it because i saw this is December. o_o;; Maybe i'll find it again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    When we are finally able to change everything in d/p. We will be so much closer to game hacking bliss. This will be so awesome. Also i have seen a guy on a different forum that had all of the d/p sprites, and maps. But i don't remember it because i saw this is December. o_o;; Maybe i'll find it again.

Change everything.... As I understand it we still cant do that in the GBA games and we were never able to do it in the old GB games.
    Even with the latest advances in scripting there are still things we aparently don't know how to do. Like properly changing the truck script in ruby, or the scripts that get used inside the pokemon centre.

It would be nice to dream though :P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I wish to edit the Pokemon on route 201 so I can catch glitches.

Um...ok... What do you want us to do about it? This is a thread made for discussing things we CAN do, not what we WANT to do.

Also, has anyone tried anything on the English roms yet? Like making a table file??? It still seems too encrypted to me though :\

BlaXun

#1 Anime Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Guys, can I also post tools that I didn't make..?
    'Cause I just found an AWESOME Pkmn Diamond/Pearl Tool! =D

BlaXun

#1 Anime Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    Hmmm...I see that I will need permission from the Author, Guess I shall ask him! =3

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • bahh who needs tools, when you've got a hex editor :P

If there are people who have created tools and are not full off hot air they should release documentation on there findings.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I half way agree with Cartmic, but it would be really great to see some of these tools! If you get the permission of the author and it does not contain illegal things (i.e. roms) then by all means post them here!

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • I'm sure some of you know this site and maybe it's allready posted here..
    PokeAnalyze
    There is a jap table, some HEX meanings/offsets ...
    You can translate the page through Babelfish or Google.. (Don't translate the table :s)

Sammi-chan

I'm Rude and Proud 8D
    Years
  • Hacking the Diamond and Pearl games would be great- But I'd like to find some tools first... I wonder if someone could post them? I don't wanna wait any longer to start working on my planned ROM hack! XP I'm talking English tools here... Now that Diamond and Pearl are out in North America, does that mean we could start? I've never hacked before- I've been reading around and I can't understand a thing... In the meanwhile, I'll write a description thingymabobber and plan it out. I've already gotten good plans. XP I'm just stuck right now.

Anyway, if tools in English could be posted, I'd be jumping away in glee! Tutorials would be nice to... <3 XP

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Can somebody tell me how to change the titlescreen (that screen with the copyrights) in Diamond / Pearl ??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back