• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well, i think the maps will be edited quite easily.
    The maps, we look at the Tiles as X and Y.
    Now, we need to give each of the tiles X, Y, and Z values, thus, making it 3D. Look at the Oreburg, and Eterna's Gym Maps. They are more into the Z axis than the other maps. The worst 3D effects i've seen in the game, are in the 8th gym. The rest look mad, and feel even better during game play!!

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Encryption Problem

Well, i think the maps will be edited quite easily.
    The maps, we look at the Tiles as X and Y.
    Now, we need to give each of the tiles X, Y, and Z values, thus, making it 3D. Look at the Oreburg, and Eterna's Gym Maps. They are more into the Z axis than the other maps. The worst 3D effects i've seen in the game, are in the 8th gym. The rest look mad, and feel even better during game play!!

Hmmm...

The map editing itself shouldn't be too hard, I think the main problem will be cracking whatever encryption they put on the map files.

Still, I'm sure we'll figure it out someday...

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    PokeTEX

PokeTEX works by reading the rom and changing the overworld sprites. Unfortunately, there is no English version, so you have to fiddle around with it to finally get it down. A few hints though:
    The numbers with the $ before them are palette numbers. To read the palette, press the (I think) right button above them, and to write the palette, press the other button.
    Also, if you press the button in the lower right corner, it pops up with a bunch of numbers. These numbers represent the color of each pixel in the picture, and can be edited.
    Well, good luck figuring it out...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Sorry I haven't commented with you guys yet, I was working...
    Any who... Thanks a lot 11235, this is going to be great! As for your question whirpoolboy, I myself have worked on changing the program into English, no avail as of yet but I'm still working.

Oh and thank you all for your support, especially 11235 who even put it in his sig! Incase anyone else wanted to help draw awareness to the thread, I made a banner you can put in your sig!

The code is below, just put it in your sigs. (Replace all "{}'s" with "[]'s")

Code:
    {URL="https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080"}{IMG}https://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8706/bannertt7.gif{/IMG}{/URL}

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    .poke files in PokeTEX

You make .poke files by opening the pic you want in PokeTEX, then hitting the 4th button from the left on the bottom.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to turn bitmaps directly into .poke files.

Well, hope this helped.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    PokeTEX

Well, PokeTEX is found on www18.atwiki.jp. Hit Ctrl-F and search for PokeTEX... You'll find it soon enough. :)
    As for other tools, just search around. One of my earlier posts had a link to a website where you can get Poke DSPic, another great program.

Also, on a side note, I'm working on translating PokeTEX. It's somewhat hard work, because I know hardly any kanji whatsoever. Nevertheless, I have managed to edit what one box says so far to English. (some are being somewhat stubborn)

Edit: by the way, if you find any good tools that haven't been posted about yet, be sure to post them here. Thanks.

Edit2: Found out how to edit trainers. I'll post it up here soon. (I don't have time right now. I'll try to do it tonight, but it might have to wait until next week)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Where can I get a Diamond table file. I tried making one but Search relative doesn't want to work for me(meaning its just a black screen).

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Responses

Found out how to edit trainers. I'll post it up here soon. (I don't have time right now. I'll try to do it tonight, but it might have to wait until next week)
    Wow! I'm starting to feel usless in this thread! That will be more than great! Please post it asap!

Where can I get a Diamond table file. I tried making one but Search relative doesn't want to work for me(meaning its just a black screen).
    Technically, there is no diamond table file. There was a file that could be applied to change the text using another program, but I couldn't ever get it to work, and no one else has really told me their success stories either, so I'm guessing it was fake.

hey is it hard to hack DP
    Well it did just come out about ten months ago and it is on the DS, so YEAH! It would be incredibly tough to do any hard-core hacking as of this momment!

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    yay i have to look there:P i'm just trying to change paletts in Diamond. If i'll be able to i'll post a screen

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    Heh, nothing much, but I think I found some references to textures and polygons for the map while messing around in a hex editor. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, those things labeled "polygon" and "dun_wall" most likely have something to do with the map. But, I don't think this will help much, since the maps are encrypted and we still haven't figured out how to crack it.

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Heh, nothing much, but I think I found some references to textures and polygons for the map while messing around in a hex editor. As you can see in the screenshot I attached, those things labeled "polygon" and "dun_wall" most likely have something to do with the map. But, I don't think this will help much, since the maps are encrypted and we still haven't figured out how to crack it.
    Err..

I wish pika came to PC..!

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Editing Trainers

So far, I have cracked the code for basic trainers with one pokemon. It is made up of eight bytes:
    the first two I don't know, the next is the pokemon lvl, the next I don't know, the next is the pokemon number with bytes reversed (i.e. ED 01 = 0x01ED = #493 = arseus). And then two bytes I don't know.

This info is contained within the trpoke.narc file, which can be extracted using ndstool.

The first trainer in the game was: 00 00 05 00 8C 01 00 00 (which comes out to lv. 5 Starly).

So, I replaced the first trainer in the game with:

00 00 64 00 ED 01 00 00

which gave the first trainer a level 100 Arseus.

I can't get movie attached, I'll keep trying.

By the way, there is a file to edit text, and it does work, but I haven't got it to work fully yet. (I'll post when I do)

Edit: I compressed the file, so it should upload now. However, you will need WinRAR or another such program to uncompress it. It turned out the file was 1 gigabyte, not 1 megabyte like I thought... By the way, the file is BIG, so don't uncompress it unless you have 1 gigabyte free on your computer, and probably delete it afterwards.

Edit2: Well, I compressed the file with DivX codec, which made it a lot smaller. Sound doesn't work anymore, but that doesn't matter much... If for some strange reason you want a 1 gigabyte file with sound, download the zip. Otherwise, I recommend downloading the .avi file. (Thanks to nrox653 for recommending using a codec- I have no idea how to edit video :))

Last edited:

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    Err..

I wish pika came to PC..!

Oh yeah, forgot about that... :P Anyways, I'm also using ndstool and extracting data from random games (I dunno why, maybe because I'm bored). I guess I'll start using ndstool on Diamond now. Yay!

EDIT: Um, 11235, if the whole video file is one gigabyte, you should really use a codec to compress it, like Xvid, since you probably used Full Frames. -_-'

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Text Editing

Well, I got the text edited somewhat...

I edited the first trainer to say some incoherent nonsense:

You'r! I annoying little girl! (bunch of random stuff)

Well, it's getting somewhere, and it proves that PokeText, from pokeguide.filb.de, works. (sort of...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Edit2: Found out how to edit trainers. I'll post it up here soon. (I don't have time right now. I'll try to do it tonight, but it might have to wait until next week)
    Erm, in fourth post in this thread I attached screen with changed trainer - nothing new...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back