• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Erm, in fourth post in this thread I attached screen with changed trainer - nothing new...

Yes you did, but you didn't tell anyone how to do it...

And, all you posted were screenshots showing you fighting pokemon, without any proof that it was the lass you were fighting anyway.

I posted proof, and told people how to do it, so it is pretty new info.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Changing trainers in D/P is very similar to changing in 3rd gen games - so I thought, that some people could guess this [;

And I think that my English is too bad for writing longer tutorials :X

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I have been thinking of what KIND of hacks we can do with pokemon diamond and pearl in the future...The most perfect remake it can get is Pokemon Yellow because it has following pokemon (In its scripts somewhere) and when found..all you need to do is remake maps and edit scripts and it will be full REMAKE and follow pikachu :)

not 100% sure if possible..but seems pretty possible

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Not so easy...

I have been thinking of what KIND of hacks we can do with pokemon diamond and pearl in the future...The most perfect remake it can get is Pokemon Yellow because it has following pokemon (In its scripts somewhere) and when found..all you need to do is remake maps and edit scripts and it will be full REMAKE and follow pikachu :)

not 100% sure if possible..but seems pretty possible

ALL you have to do is remake maps and scripts? Why how easy, I wonder why no one has thought of that before?

Trust me, it would be far easier to make a following script than to do that task...

On the bright side, though, it would be entirely possible to make a yellow remake. Just really, really difficult.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Well, hacking of Diamond for me will be out for a while, though I was wondering, has anyone been able to edit the base stats of Pokemon and their types, if I could do that, I'll be happy.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Well, hacking of Diamond for me will be out for a while, though I was wondering, has anyone been able to edit the base stats of Pokemon and their types, if I could do that, I'll be happy.

Please, bsilva001, read through the entire thread before asking questions. This was a post on an earlier page of the thread:

Hey, I figured out how to hack the core Pokemon Status in Pokemon Diamond. (The values in Pearl are the exact same but in a different location, just cant be arsed to look them up right now.)

Each Pokemon's Data is x2C byes, and it is based in National Dex order for 1-251. After that, it is based on Hoenn-Dex Order (however Pokemon that are in National Dex 1-251 are skipped here) (For Example, after Bulbasaur's data comes Ivasaur's Data. After Chimeco's data comes Jirachi's Data.)

1C15A07-1C173FA Pokemon Stats (1-151)
    1C173FB-1C1852A Pokemon Stats (152-251)
    1C1852B-1C19C5E Pokemon Stats (252-386)
    1C19C5F-1C1B006 Pokemon Stats (387-493)

00 = 00
    01 = HP
    02 = Attack
    03 = Defense
    04 = Speed
    05 = Spl. Attack
    06 = Spl. Defense
    07 = Type 1
    08 = Type 2
    09 =
    0A =
    0B =
    0C =
    0D =
    0E =
    0F =
    10 =
    11 =
    12 =
    13 =
    14 =
    15 =
    16 =
    17 =
    18 =
    19 =
    1A =
    1B =
    1C =
    1D =
    1E =
    1F =
    20 =
    21 =
    22 =
    23 =
    24 =
    25 =
    26 =
    27 =
    28 =
    29 =
    2A =
    2B =
    2C =

Types: (All Values are hex)
    00 = Normal
    01 = Fighting
    02 = Flying
    03 = Poison
    04 = Ground
    05 = Rock
    06 = Bug
    07 = Ghost
    08 = Steel
    09 = ???
    0A = Fire
    0B = Water
    0C = Grass
    0D = Electric
    0E = Psychic
    0F = Ice
    10 = Dragon
    11 = Dark

Feel free to fill in the blanks. The emulators being real laggy to me and crashing(And yes i followed all the directions exactly). I guess my computer at the time does not have enough RAM to run Diamond for long.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Pokemon Heaven

Pokemon Heaven has a whole bunch of tools some are in english I think like one for changing sprites.

Can you put up a link by any chance?

There are a ton of sites that come up when you google it.

Thanks much.

PocketPika

Quiet Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    hmmm well my cousin has a map editor for d/p. ill try and get the name of it

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Map Editor

hmmm well my cousin has a map editor for d/p. ill try and get the name of it

Wow, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing its true, but, trust me, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!:)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Wow, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I have a hard time believing its true, but, trust me, I'd be happy to be proven wrong!:)

Hmm...I said that about something earlier, that exact same message...
    Anway I agree with 11235, if a map editor DID exist, I believe at least one of us would have known about it by now... Considering that map editing is a HUGE part of fan-hacking. But if you say it exists, who am I to argue? I'd just like to see some proof.

Also take a look at this...

Model Viewer
    Programa que muestra los modelos en 3D de los mapas de D/P

Bueno, esta herramienta esta mas avanzada segun Pika, es posible mostrar ya las texturas.
    "Program that show 3D models of Diamond and Pearl Maps"
    "Good, this tool is... it's capable of showing Diamond and Pearl textures"

I'm not all that great at Spanish, but from what I can understand this tool is a "Map Editor" of sorts, that can currently only show textures. This could be what PocketPika was talking about. I found this at a Spanish Forum that I usually go to quite often, but have stopped as of recently. I figured out it's from pokeguide. Hmm... Think it's real?

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Texture Editor

Also take a look at this...

"Program that show 3D models of Diamond and Pearl Maps"
    "Good, this tool is... it's capable of showing Diamond and Pearl textures"

I'm not all that great at Spanish, but from what I can understand this tool is a "Map Editor" of sorts, that can currently only show textures. This could be what PocketPika was talking about. I found this at a Spanish Forum that I usually go to quite often, but have stopped as of recently. I figured out it's from pokeguide. Hmm... Think it's real?

Well, I would say it probably is real. I've been on the PokeGuide website, and there are several tools he has made. As far as I have seen, none of them are fake.

By the way, for any who don't know, the url is pokeguide.filb.de

Edit: oh, by the way... Your translation is a little off... It reads that it can "possibly" read textures, not that it can only read textures. Oh, and I don't think pika has released this tool yet... :(

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    oh, by the way... Your translation is a little off... It reads that it can "possibly" read textures, not that it can only read textures. Oh, and I don't think pika has released this tool yet...
    I didn't say that it could only read textures. I said it was "capable" which is basically the same. Also, no the program hasn't been released; it's such a shame!

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Ummm...

I didn't say that it could only read textures. I said it was "capable" which is basically the same.

I'm not all that great at Spanish, but from what I can understand this tool is a "Map Editor" of sorts, that can currently only show textures.

Actually, you did say it could only read textures...

No problem, though... Just getting that out there.

By the way, if you e-mail pika, you might be able to convince him to let you beta test it. You never know... :)

And if he does, please tell me...

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    Yeah, it'd be great if pika were to privately release the map viewer for beta testing. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing a map editing program any time soon. :(

EvilWii

Hacker and mike myers
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2008
    im new but i got some exp in hacking and i need help with poketex
    i want to edit the trainers

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Actually, you did say it could only read textures...

No problem, though... Just getting that out there.

By the way, if you e-mail pika, you might be able to convince him to let you beta test it. You never know...

And if he does, please tell me...
    Oh that! That was my adaptation of the situation! Wow, that rhymed... No my translation was the one in quotes. But who cares, and I'm not E-mailing Pika, that seems a little childish to me. No, I'll wait patiently for the release.

im new but i got some exp in hacking and i need help with poketex
    i want to edit the trainers
    Well, just insert the new trainer sheet or edit it seperatly. It's actally an easy program once you memorize what all the buttons do.

how do i insert overworlds with poketex as i cant work out how?
    Hmm, well I don't really want this to become a help thread, but JUST THIS ONE TIME I'll tell you. First open your rom by clicking the button closest on the right, to the drop-down list. Click your rom. Now select your sprite from the drop-down list. Now select the button that says "??ß" In the lower right-hand corner. This should expand the window the editing screen. Now to insert a sprite sheet, select the button to the far left, right above the editing window. Open the sprite sheet you want. Now click the button beside the far left one mention before. This should put the new sprie sheet over the old one. Now save it by hitting the lowest button in the window, in the bottom-right.
    I hope this helps you and anyone else who needs direction.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    D/P hacking wat a joyess occassion but how far do you think itll get i mean with Diamond and Pearl graphics it seems a little hard for kids to e doing

Last edited:

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Graphics?

D/P hacking wat a joyess occassion but how far do you think itll get i mean with Diamond and Pearl graphics it seems a little hard for kids to e doing

Graphics are hard for kids to be doing?

If you look through the thread, you'll find out that we can already hack *almost* all of the graphics.

In fact, most of the graphics editing in d/p is now far easier than scripting was in FR/LG or even R/S/E. There are some exceptions (for some reason we can hack the first two back pics of a trainer, but no one that I've seen has got the second two yet), but, comparatively, graphics editing is easy...

Secondly, I believe that it will someday get as far as R/S/E hacking has. All we need to figure out is mapping and scripting. Scripting will be very difficult to find out, but have no doubt, someone will figure it out at some point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back