• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ah, yes...scripting. It's going to be a while before that is released. I predict that we will be able to do almost everything else by the time this ability rolls around. None-the-less, it will eventually published and eventually we will be seeing hack after hack after hack. Won't it be wonderful?

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Maybe...

Ah, yes...scripting. It's going to be a while before that is released. I predict that we will be able to do almost everything else by the time this ability rolls around. None-the-less, it will eventually published and eventually we will be seeing hack after hack after hack. Won't it be wonderful?

Well, of course, scripting will eventually come out...

Of course, this doesn't mean that it will come out while we're still interested in Pokemon (30 year-old with a job and Pokemon don't really mix...:)). So, hopefully, someone will come up with a way to edit scripts before that unhappy day...

LilKyle

Kylicious+D/PBattleTowerBrain
    Years
    lol im nooby

Hi im nooby and I ust watched this dude on youtube about D/P and his outfit was blu insted of red and it said in discript that he used pokeTEX and hex editor and so i searched pokeTEX and it lead hear and im nooby for asking but where do i get the DS emu for comp???

where do I get sprite hacks for diamond and hwere do i get diamond at to downlaod i have the no$gba thingy but no games for it :|

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    So can anything in Diamond and Pearl be hacked at the moment?!
    Yes we can edit quite a few things now. Sprites (completly), Graphics (a few), text (near completly); just to name a few. But hey, Diamond and Pearl haven't been out for too long, give us time!

@LilKyle
    Wow! You posted so many things against the rules it made my head spin! First, do not ask for illegal materials, ie. roms. Second, you cannot advertise other forums here. Now that we got that over with...
    Yes the Program is called PokeTEX, and yes it does edit the sprites on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. As for where to find the rom, I cannot tell you as it is against the rules. Google it if you have to.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
    Um..what you guys thing. Its posible to do ASM hacking in Diamond and Pearl roms? If so this would be great.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    ASM Hacking

Um..what you guys thing. Its posible to do ASM hacking in Diamond and Pearl roms? If so this would be great.

Well, of course it's possible, but only if you are an expert hacker that knows how to ASM hack in the first place and can figure it out on the complicated Diamond and Pearl roms...

Good luck on that, by the way...

bonaza

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    You can just use GCC -- Devitkit ARM. People have already hacked this with new events and stuff with asm. If you use google you can find lots of stuff about hacking DP. Since links aren't alowed I won't post them here. Why are you people waiting for tools? You can find map data just by searching with a hex editor its not that hard. Although I bet most people here don't know any asm. I see a lot of people here don't even know how a tool does its job in hex. Its the sad truth about PC.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    Well, of course it's possible, but only if you are an expert hacker that knows how to ASM hack in the first place and can figure it out on the complicated Diamond and Pearl roms...

Good luck on that, by the way...

ARM code isn't really that hard to learn if you got the time.

Though iv had the advantage of using an ARM based operating system most of my life, so if you need help just PM me.

I did post some tutorial links here: https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92586

bonaza

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Ok well here is the link to the DS arm coder and other stuff h ttp://ww w.thepernproject.com/ (take the spaces out.) Just click on the ds sign and there are documents and tuts along with the program I was talking about. Also some things for GBA, Snes, and some other consule. Have fun hacking Daimond.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ok well here is the link to the DS arm coder and other stuff h ttp://ww w.thepernproject.com/ (take the spaces out.) Just click on the ds sign and there are documents and tuts along with the program I was talking about. Also some things for GBA, Snes, and some other consule. Have fun hacking Daimond.
    Once you have gained 15 posts you will be allowed to post links without cheating the system :(. As for ASM hacking, that's a little out of most people's league. It's a whole other coding world than what we're used too. But if it is already prosperous in Diamond/Pearl hacking, please continue...

PeacefulCheeta

bardeg.com
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2008
    Hi im nooby and I ust watched this dude on youtube about D/P and his outfit was blu insted of red and it said in discript that he used pokeTEX and hex editor and so i searched pokeTEX and it lead hear and im nooby for asking but where do i get the DS emu for comp???

where do I get sprite hacks for diamond and hwere do i get diamond at to downlaod i have the no$gba thingy but no games for it :|

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
    this is so hard, I a, so bad at hex editing

Yes, of course it's hard, and please don't spam. This thread is for posting findings and questions about D/P hacking, not short and pointless opinions about hex editing. Thanks for listening and have a nice day :)

Hmm, I wonder how long it will be before we can start map editing. I'm still trying to find things related to mapping, with little to no success. :'(

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Well, I recently got inside the site and discovered this:

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Maybe you could've met Misty in D/P!

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    Going back to pokeTEX well i have no problems with it exept that I can't replace sprite sheets for some reason i followed Hiidoran instructions but nothing... oh well.
    I'll just wait for a proper sprite editing program for it like overworld Editor.
    Oh and another problem i can't read it :P
    Can't wait for the translation!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back