• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 17, 2008
    Well, I recently got inside the site and discovered this:

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Maybe you could've met Misty in D/P!

...........DEAD Link.............

UltimateYoshiMaster

Yoshi Trainer
    Years
    Why is everyone using emulators to play hacks on?
    I, for one, have been playing my hack, Pokémon Plutonium, on actual hardware.
    I also was able to boot a version of Animal Crossing Wild World that I edited.
    Am I the only one here with a SuperCard?

Does someone know if exists any text-editor for D/P?

It's called a hex editor in this case.
    Most DS games simply use ASCII.
    I know Animal Crossing does and even the DS firmware does too.

Where did you get the emulator and rom from? I would like to try my hand at hacking but my emulator runs so slowly it's not even worth having.

A simple solution.
    1:Buy the game and dump it like I did
    2:Run hack on actual hardware like I do

Tools have come out:

PokeTex
    NDStool
    PokeDSpic

Just to name a few...

I thought NDStool was not for just Pokémon.
    I use it when I make homebrew for the ds

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimateYoshiMaster

Yoshi Trainer
    Years
    im glad that the DS generation games can also be hacked now.
    I really hope that a map editor like advancemap comes out for DS hacking.

DS games have already been able to be hacked.
    I made a hacked version of Animal Crossing Wild World using just a hex editor and an Animal Crossing Wild World rom that I dumped by myself :-D

Icedragons

Apollo the future sun god.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2008
    So, is there a program like advance map or atleast a programm that can be used to edit map layouts yet?

Years
    Well I don't know if you guys have figured it out or not but I am curently editing maps(ignore this if you already know how to do it)I haven't perfected it yet but I have turned the pond at the beginning into a black pit. If someone could tell me how to take screenshots with no$gba I would gladly show you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Well I don't know if you guys have figured it out or not but I am curently editing maps(ignore this if you already know how to do it)I haven't perfected it yet but I have turned the pond at the beginning into a black pit. If someone could tell me how to take screenshots with no$gba I would gladly show you.

Its always a black pit when you play on the no$gba emulator...

Years
    Ok, well then I guess I'll go and create some more black pits while I figure out how to map. And sorry for thinking I was accomplishing something. :) But I did edit something in the game and I am going to find out what it was.(using hex workshop)

So has anyone had any success in mapping with hex editor(other than when I just turned the walls into floor tiles{actually I think I just got rid of the walls})?

Last edited:

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Well if you think about don't you think that the ground uses tiles, and everything abouve the normal elevation is a 3-D object?

Because if you look at the game when you are playing it kinda looks as if the ground uses
    tiles and the everything above normal elevation is a 3d object even mountains and buildings.

And if a map editor is every created my guess is that you put the ground tiles then place 3-d objects on top of the tiles.

I don't know if anybody will understand, but I think you all will.

Years
    Well, I have a little theory, I think that every step you take generates a new map. I mean, I don't think that they can actually make the game look like that, and it be 3-d. Wouldn't you be able to move in any direction if it was 3-d? That's just what I think so I don't know. It probably sounds stupid.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm so glad iDeaS can emulate the rom better! It even has the right colors as compared to No$Gba which has a somewhat faded look to the colors(and it lags like crazy). Also, being able to run a non-patched rom to work with as well, since all the programs work with unpatched roms.(You have to use patched roms with no$gba)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back