• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I'm so glad iDeaS can emulate the rom better! It even has the right colors as compared to No$Gba which has a somewhat faded look to the colors(and it lags like crazy). Also, being able to run a non-patched rom to work with as well, since all the programs work with unpatched roms.(You have to use patched roms with no$gba)
    Hmm... I believe this belongs in Diamond and Pearl Emulation.
    Here: https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80985

As for the translation comment, read a couple of pages ago; someone has already stated how to change text.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Hacking D/P has to be really hard. I mean you have to make it 3-d O.O which is hard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    as far as i know the game isn't 3d. it's all 2d as always except 3d-like objects. so as dpmasters said, ground tiles (and currispondent walkable/solid tiles) can be edited as always. in addition, a pseudo-3d-video software is installed so things like mountain and ponds are displayed as 3d objects, with some parts solid and some not (the higher one as always). if you disable the 3d part u can see a game as always, with a lot of grass/black ponds and nothing else. so they create 3d-displayed objects (dunno how it's codified and could be edited) and not as always tiles also for houses. to be clearer, a door-tile exists no more. the object "house" is an all 3d image, so it don't need regular tiles. the only tiles really existing in current game are mostly pavement's and indoor's ones, that as u can see, are as always. the 3d view part may be hard to hack, but not impossible. just i dunno how it's created, maybe it's smtg not too hard. a programmer may explain better (combination of various frames? smbd knows?)

i know is a bit confused, but understand this. in the middle of the screen u create a square of solid blocks. now, you can put there

-a 2d picture that u can see as 3d (the classic exagon)
    ..._________
    /________/|
    |.............||
    |.............||
    |.............||
    |_______|/

and this is how it has always been done (in GB/GBC/GBA games)

-or a real 3d object, using a new graphic processor that can create "real" 3d. (ehe, can't paint this)

anyway, u have the pavement that's still a square of solid blocks that u can edit. but using 3d they've done a lot less number of tiles, coz the houses and mountains borders are 3d so don't need a 2d tile.

lol hope sbd will understand stg ^^''

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    How come someone who has found a table file doesn't simply release it instead of telling us how to make one. Because I can't find any good relative searchers that will get the job done.

Pokemon Hacking Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Table File

How come someone who has found a table file doesn't simply release it instead of telling us how to make one. Because I can't find any good relative searchers that will get the job done.

Ok, if you haven't got this by now, there is no table file whatsoever that will work. The text in the game is encrypted, so no relative searches will ever work. And yes, that means they still won't work next week. Or even the next week. So please stop asking for table files. They don't exist!

If you want to know how to edit text, read this whole thread through, and go to https://pokeguide.filb.de!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2020
    Hey everyone remember me DEEhunter? its been a while and alot has changed... well i tried hex editing the Rom and found out that apperently the game runs on its own file system and has files in its self that are in a .narc file and also i find some 3d geometry in it listing some scarce information about them :
    ....polygon0........polygon1........polygon2........polygon3........polygon4........polygon5........polygon6........polygon7........polygon8........polygon9........polygon10.......polygon11.......polygon12.......polygon13.......polygon14.......polygon15.......polygon16.......polygon17.......polygon18.......polygon19.......polygon20.......polygon21.......polygon22.......polygon23.......polygon24......................

This string was found at 02E8BED8 and the Long list of .narc files was found at 00108780 and above that at 00108684 theres is list of the punctuation and letters the game uses. Now you probably wount hear from me for a while again but ill check back here on my birthday on septenber 19th.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    Yeah, nothing new.. - -'
    Almost every NDS ROM uses .narc encryption..
    Anyway, if you want to hack D/P you need to use a tool like NDS TOP System, export the files (like the .narc files) and try to edit those with a HEX Editor..
    Or, use NARCTool to (un)pack the narc archives in seperated files..

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    I'd just like to mention it.
    I found a patch of Pokemon D/P that editted the wild Pokemon.
    All Pokemon can be found.
    Swablus, Altarias and something else at the start.
    Heracross, Pinsir and others after the third town.

I'll see if I can find it on my computer.

Juan

Brazilian with a bad English
    Years
    Somebody knows which necessary source to install to use the following program?
    http :// i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/quilava-shiny/evolvechanger.jpg

psyduckmaniac

Yes.I've played pkmn dungeon 2
    Years
    • E4
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    i don't know, but, is that program for d/p ? and if so where did you find it?
    oh and brane, don't think nobody cares about that patch for d/p. i really want it so keep looking!

nvm brane, i google searched it and found it, im gonna post it on here

Last edited:

Knox

I dont know what to say
    Years
    Ok I was just thinking about it so I decieded to put it up...

Maybe we could take DP Hex numbers and then
    convert them into binary codes, then use
    ASM or whatever and insert that binary file into a
    FR/LG ROM

This way we could view what that hex number contains

Perhaps you would have to decompile and then recompile
    it into the FR/LG ROM

If someone has reason why this would not work please tell me

Last edited:

SpongeFreak52

T3h h4x0r/g4m3r
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not really an expert in this topic, but that could work.

And what text have we been able to edit besides the intro copyright? What would one use the edit some of the conversations which take place in the game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2013
    i don't know, but, is that program for d/p ? and if so where did you find it?
    oh and brane, don't think nobody cares about that patch for d/p. i really want it so keep looking!

nvm brane, i google searched it and found it, im gonna post it on here

tch I cant get this to work...any ideas? i keep getting a "!???!!!!" D:

psyduckmaniac

Years
    • E4
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    doesn't that stand for tile layer pro?

ok i got tlp but ive found multiple graphics myself open up the spoiler to see what i found so far!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
    Yeah i went hack hunting again, and i changed the nds file into a gmk file and tried to run it in game maker 7. But it didn't work at all. EDIT: I found out how to edit the same thing hiidoran was at the start of this thread. It's offset is 03876C00. But i haven't edited it yet :).

EDIT2: OMG i found it! Remember what Blazichu did? well the offset to change this is located at 0388B600. Here is a picture:
    [img=https://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9696/titlesrceenhackrv3.th.png]

Last edited:

psyduckmaniac

Years
    • E4
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Plx help. im desperate! when i run narctool a little command prompt pops up for about half a second and then dissapears and nothing happens? how do i unencrypt the narcs plz help!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back