• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Hm, it would be cool if there was hacking for Diamond/Pearl. I'm sure within a few years we'll be able to do lots of stuff with it, like we can do with Ruby/Sapphire now.
    If it were possible, I would get back into hacking again!
    Anyways, that YouTube movie is very obviously fake. They just recorded a normal game and then edited it. Editing the text isn't hard, you just rip the letters you need from the game and then put them in order over what is there. (In any image editing program.)
    Anyways, I heard that hacking DS roms is practically impossible...
    Some of the things we've seen so far could all be fakes as far as we know, because we haven't been shown any hands on experience with it.
    Only thing I know of is PokeTEX.
    Don't let this thread die. :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Gabe is right, we can actually do quite a lot now. There are plenty of valid references that can help you hack DP. I don't believe a full encompassing hack is possible yet, but many things can be hacked now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2020
    Well all we can do is edit some graphics in TLP, Edit the wild pokemon in areas. and... Edit the people overworlds in a program called poketex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2019
    hello im looking for the japanese map editor on google.co.jp right now i will post a link soon and btw if u can search: pokemon ダイヤモンド 真珠 地図 編集者 ..... on google.co.jp :)

Years
    i'll try searching that, but i've had some bad experiences with searching for things of "qeustionable legality" on google.co.jp

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    My question is a trick one. If we get the privalge of hacking D/P will we ever be able to change the tile animations? You see I was playing Dp and notice as you move so do the tiles and some you can see the side of the building/ tree. It would be hard adding new tiles because of these animations. Guys what do you think?

Years
    well i think thats just crapy 3d, and since we've been able to hack 3d pc games, we should be able to hack this... someday...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Johnny said:
    My question is a trick one. If we get the privalge of hacking D/P will we ever be able to change the tile animations? You see I was playing Dp and notice as you move so do the tiles and some you can see the side of the building/ tree. It would be hard adding new tiles because of these animations. Guys what do you think?

You could probably edit the effect in a tile-editing tool that is compatible with DP, so far TLP and Tile Molester can run under a GBA mode. Also maps can probably be found using hex, and maybe you could link a map editing tool to the offset.

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    You could probably edit the effect in a tile-editing tool that is compatible with DP, so far TLP and Tile Molester can run under a GBA mode. Also maps can probably be found using hex, and maybe you could link a map editing tool to the offset.

Yeah that could be a possibility, or maybe we will have to edit the tile movement by each step you take :O But anyway hex could find almost anything, I think when D/P hacking comes around alot of hex work will be required because of the lack of tools we will have.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Just remember guys, hacking pokemon Ruby and Sapphire was viewed as impossible at one time too. We've seen hacks of 3D games before, it's just going to take some time, but you just wait we'll be hacking DP in no time at all. Plus, we are already able to hack quite a lot in Diamond and Pearl already!

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    Yeah that is true, I supose nothing is impossible but we will need alot of support to get this form of hacking up and running. We figured out advanced hacking as a generation, so we can find out things and share with others.

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    hm what hacking tools are left for DP hacking well cant wait to see some DP hacks

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
    This morning, I edited a random hex, and when I did, I played the game. In Sandgem Town the was a spot on the map that was missing a tile! The first map edit! Yay!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back