• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    actualy he's right, i don't make programs. i sit through long lines of hex all day trying to change little places in a japanese kid's video game just to get yelled at because i don't want to provide him links.

well you find them out.
    darthatron makes the programs right?

Years
  • Okay, here's the bottom line, guys.

Use the quick search at the top of the forum. Look in the toolbox, and throughout this topic for links or references to specific software. When you absolutely can't find something, ask politely, and then wait patiently for your answer.

Basically, if you're going to treat this topic as an IRC help channel instead of the discussion topic it was meant to be, I have (and I believe most hackers share my sentiments) little problem with this. Just use the manner you'd use on an IRC channel where you were going to request assistance; if you did the things you've done here on IRC, or many other forums, you'd have been banned by now. Plain and simple. Just show respect where it has been earned.

ecg64

4th Generation Hacking! D/P!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    i don't make the programs, i research stuff. there is a dp text editor, and we're working on a map editor, i know a good deal about mapping some parts, but some different areas are done in some other ways.

Could u please tell me the dp text editor?

Years
  • Do you mean PokeTEX? I haven't been keeping tabs on anything non-PokeSpam recently other than PokeTEX, but add me on MSN and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Just an FYI, I'd really appreciate you guys typing with correct grammar and spelling. I understand not everyone natively speaks English on the board, but I'm fairly sure you all know that "you" isn't spelled "u", and that one sentence posts just aren't specific enough to get the answers you really want... :( It helps you, and me, so I can help you find the programs you need, or help find answers to your questions, in general, relating to Diamond and Pearl hacking.

I'd also like to establish that this isn't a program request topic. Do a little searching first. I don't mind helping you find stuff once in a while, though, if it encourages people to be more involved in Diamond and Pearl hacking and research, as long as it's truly once in a while. I'm sure I speak for most of the people in this topic when I say that. ^_^

Last edited:

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • well in english speaking i will have sometimes some erorrs because i speak spanish,hehe
    d-trogh you can hack the pearl title with taxahan and hex editor,no? can i add you on msn?or help me with a little thing?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Ok.. To everyone who wants to edit the titlescreen.. Here is something I just told someone through WLM.
    Yeah, I know.. Spelling and stuff is bad, but I'll maybe redo it later, k?
    Edit The Tilescreen said:
    » Open your ROM in Nitro Explorer
    » Goto: demo - title
    » Extract titledemo.narc
    » Open TileMolester
    » Open titledemo.narc (Make sure you set Files of Type to ALL FILES)
    » Do: View - Codec - 8bpp linear
    » Hit Shift + Left a few times + Zoom OUT 2 times
    » Ctrl + G: 928 (Diamond), 8B90 (Pearl) >> Hexadecimal, Absolute
    » Hit Shift + Left or Right until the image is correct
    » Do: Pallete - Import From - This File
    » Offset: 35168 (Diamond), 68552 (Pearl) | Size: 256 | Format: 15bpp BGR (555)
    » Now you can edit, even export and import (Edit - Copy To or Paste From)
    » Save, close TM
    » Import the titledemo.narc with Nitro Explorer

Download NitroExplorer (Needs NET Framework)

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • NITROexplorer, can someone link me?i found to pages but the two say "the aplication configuration cant start.The reinstall could solve the problem"

Ecg64, be patient, already isnt tex editing tools.And if someone have done something, i think he did it with hex editing

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • Well i am using an other computer and the two programs work fine,but when i open the title demo file in tile molester,i do all the step that d-trogh wrote and the image look al distorcioned like in the first image.

I want to change the diamond letter(in the titlescreen) and color like in the second image and third

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Can somebody please enlighten me on the usage of narctool with NDS files? What do I need to do to extract the .narcs from the .nds?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I shall talk to this weak minded people.

(This is the level of my Pokemon when I challenged the Snowpoint Gym.)
    (Luxray's business.)
    Those are obviously just edited images, so I'm going to laugh at you now.

Rofl.

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • Well i am using an other computer and the two programs work fine,but when i open the title demo file in tile molester,i do all the step that d-trogh wrote and the image look al distorcioned like in the first image.

I want to change the diamond letter(in the titlescreen) and color like in the posted images (page 31 at bottom)
    Other thing,how can i chanhe the trainer sprite in pokedspic,i change it for the shinygold trainer(i use trfgra.narc in pokedspic, and i choose male trainer)but when input the shinygold trainerin PNG format it say "the image must be 8bbp"and how cani save the change in that program,just closing it?

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years

I want to change the diamond letter(in the titlescreen) and color like in the posted images (page 31 at bottom)
    Other thing,how can i chanhe the trainer sprite in pokedspic,i change it for the shinygold trainer(i use trfgra.narc in pokedspic, and i choose male trainer)but when input the shinygold trainerin PNG format it say "the image must be 8bbp"and how cani save the change in that program,just closing it?

this is the sprite that i want to place in themale trainer, i use adobeimage ready and photoshop,but i cant found how to change the image to 8bpp linear,someone help me

Pd. If someone is interested in this on gbatemp is a patch for pokemon diamond to make all pokemon catchable,ALL here is the link;
    http: //gbatemp.net/index.php?download=598 just copy and paste in your browser but write all together

Last edited:

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Wow, this is really getting along well. Good job, all of you. I wish I could help but I have no experience with hex-coding or the time. But I'll be supporting this all the way!

Years
  • Secret, please don't double post. The edit button serves a purpose.

Thanks, aero ^_^. I'm taking a hiatus from this topic, and from general Pokemon research/hacking/organization for the next couple of days actually, and you make me feel guilty -_-! Luls!

darknessvult, only one of those images were even oddities, so why are you posting them in a hacking forum? especially when the one "omg glitch" or "omg Im hax0r" basically makes me want to tell you "how bout u sm0k3 my p0l3" (sorry, but episode 7 just made me laugh, so I had to quote Arby and the Chief somehow)... :P

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    lol Michael, don't worry about it. I know everyone needs a break. After all, I can't even get time to work on my hack! Much less do research on tools for D/P.

But seriously, I was astounded at the findings since I last checked this thread (about 2 months ago or something) so there's really been some good progress.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back