• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Hi! I was wondering if someone could send me the Tahaxan Runtimes, (tahaxan was mentioned earlier in the thread) because when I download them from the official site the file is always corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    The ds music is documented and there are tools to convert wav files and such into bins, mostly used for homebrews though, so I'm not sure what the big deal is :\. Also SR, you even know how music works in the gba or ds? Or what the notes, tunes, operaters, and everything else's hex values are? Do you know the I\O sound channels? They're very diffrent in gba and ds, you shouldn't be claiming things you know nothing about.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    If your saying your pretty sure your making a claim. Son Sobbe is probably right, that he got the idea from gameplay.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Hey guys, I disappeard for a few months and I was wondering if y'all could update me because reading 47 pages would most likely reduce me to tears.

Years
  • Hey guys, I disappeard for a few months and I was wondering if y'all could update me because reading 47 pages would most likely reduce me to tears.
    Well, We leant to change a new byte... Which does some thing new...

Hornestly I have no Idea who you are... But I can tell If you're a bit sirius your currently reading all the page, since you made that post..

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Well, We leant to change a new byte... Which does some thing new...

Hornestly I have no Idea who you are... But I can tell If you're a bit sirius your currently reading all the page, since you made that post..

I was very common around here a few months ago, I was doing spriting for Antwhan and itman, I was a almost daily contributor to several hack topics including Nautical Requiem and Piratite and I'm pretty sure that I was stalking you're Mystery Dungeon hacking thread for a week because I wanted to hack MD so much. And you must be joking if you think I have the time and patience to read that many pages.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Question, having been very interested in the GBA music scene, has anyone really looked into changing DP's music yet or is that still far off?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Question, having been very interested in the GBA music scene, has anyone really looked into changing DP's music yet or is that still far off?
    I don't think it's that hard to edit the music, as DP use the standard .sseq files..
    And, as there's a sseq2mid and mid2sseq converter.. ;)
    I never tried it, as I don't really care about the music..

Years
  • I was very common around here a few months ago, I was doing spriting for Antwhan and itman, I was a almost daily contributor to several hack topics including Nautical Requiem and Piratite and I'm pretty sure that I was stalking you're Mystery Dungeon hacking thread for a week because I wanted to hack MD so much. And you must be joking if you think I have the time and patience to read that many pages.

No. If you want to know you can read the thread. If you don't want to read it then you can remain left uninformed, but we're not just going to tell everyone who posts here what's been done.

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I don't think it's that hard to edit the music, as DP use the standard .sseq files..
    Well then, I might try to insert some remixes in there and do some research on DP Music Hacking. Maybe one day the dream of DP GSC will come true lol

sabrina-psychic

Psychic Pokemon Guru
    Years
  • This is going to take all of you wayyyyyyyyyy back, but I am in desperate need of assistance. I am having extreme difficulty with using poketex. I want to be able to change the sprite of my character (into saffron city gym leader sabrina would be ultimately amazing), but I am playing as a female and i want to be able to spice it up a bit. So could somebody please show me how to edit my character on pokemon diamond. An in depth tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Hey well I don't know if it will help but I found some of the coordinates, and maps for DP.

Code:
    [B]Area[/B] [B]Map[/B] [B]X[/B] [B]Y[/B] [B]Z[/B]   
    Twinleaf Town 411 116 886 1   

Sandgem Town 418 177 843 1   

Jubilife City 3 180 777 2   

Canalave City 33 58 723 1   

Oreburgh City 45 303 757 2  

Floaroma Town 426 176 667 5   

Eterna City 65 305 531 7   

Celestic Town 442 472 539 7   

Solaceon Town 433 566 657 2   

Hearthome City 86 465 698 2   

Pastoria City 120 600 816 1   

Veilstone City 132 717 612 2   

Snowpoint City 165 379 234 2   

Sunyshore City 150 860 785 1   

Pokémon League 172 847 560 20   

Victory Road 172 842 599 6   

Route 224 399 878 560 4   

Survival Area 450 657 339 1   

Resort Area 457 807 458 1   

Pal Park 393 7 19 0   

Fullmoon Island 260 39 277 2   

Iron Island 288 100 502 1   

Newmoon Island 320 152 277 2   

Acuity Cavern 319 14 11 1   

Verity Cavern 313 12 14 1   

Valor Cavern 316 16 15 1  

Old Chateau 295 9 15 0   

Turnback Cave 268 11 16 1   

Giratina's Room 270 11 15 2   

Stark Mountain 262 747 235 11   

Heatran's Room 265 7 11 1   

Snowpoint Temple 278 8 13 1   

Regigigas Room 283 11 13 1   

Flower Paradise 274 911 204 5   

Spear Pillar 220 31 22 3   

Hall of Origin 510 31 36 15

Do good with this??

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    ah where are these located in the rom? I'm having trouble finding them.

Poryhack

March 14th
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    @Magnius: /data/data/sound/sound_data.sdat

I've read the entire thread but found no mention of editing the pokemon sprites. (Yes, I know PokeTEX does trainer sprites.) I posted in the simple questions thread about it and got ignored, so I'm gonna post here.

Through much trial and error I've gotten PokeDSPic to somewhat work. (I've also found that the palettes have to be manualy edited in the process and that Photoshop apparently can't index them correctly.) However it still screws up my sprite a bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me how to fix this or at least that I'm doing nothing wrong. I have a feeling the problems may just be a result of bugs in the program; so maybe now that it's been open-sourced they can be fixed.

Anyway, here's a comparison (original is on the left):

Last edited:

Magnius

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    @Magnius: /data/data/sound/sound_data.sdat

I've read the entire thread but found no mention of editing the pokemon sprites. (Yes, I know PokeTEX does trainer sprites.) I posted in the simple questions thread about it and got ignored, so I'm gonna post here.

Through much trial and error I've gotten PokeDSPic to somewhat work. (I've also found that the palettes have to be manualy edited in the process and that Photoshop apparently can't index them correctly.) However it still screws up my sprite a bit.

I'd appreciate if someone could take a look and tell me how to fix this or at least that I'm doing nothing wrong. I have a feeling the problems may just be a result of bugs in the program; so maybe now that it's been open-sourced they can be fixed.

Anyway, here's a comparison (original is on the left):
    Ah thanks, so once I extract it, will the converting programs be enough to extract and reinsert stuff into the "sdat" file? Just wondering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back