• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I've been checking around this forum and stuff, and there's tons of great stuff, but there's just much too much to look through to find links and whatnot. I just began to create a Diamond hack (I'm sick :p) and I've been looking around for tools and such, but I haven't really had all that much luck...I understand that their isn't a Map Editor Tool yet, but specifically, are there working Text and Sprite editing tools...? I can't find any

I plan on becoming a game writer and not programmer, so Hex coding means nothing to me...but I can learn. I was basically hoping to just hack the game, make a different trainer, and re-write the storyline and dialog and all that stuff. A lot of work, not a lot of programming; but I need some tools...

If somebody has/wants to/is making an entirely different Pokemon game, I'd be willing to help with the story. I'm the most amazing writer, but I'm good at making words read as if they were spoken, if that makes any sense.

Last note: Do DP tools work well with Platinum (or will there be Platinum tools soon)? 'Cus I love the new battle screen n_n

Oh, and would it be possible to put at least a little bit of commentary from Stadium/St2/Battle Rev onto the DS Pokemon games...? I realize Voice Acting would make the game a lot more interesting, even if its just Ash saying "Go!" when you send out a pokemon :P

Ok, so two last notes. Deal with it O_o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    I finished the list of movement permission

Code:
    00=Free passage
    02= Grass
    03=High Grass
    04-09=Free passage
    10-12=Surfing
    13=Waterfall
    14-15=Surfing
    16=Go down 1
    17=Water on the foots?
    18=Free passage
    19=Surfing
    1A-1B=Free passage
    1C=Go down
    1D-20=Free passage
    21 =Foot on sand
    22=Surfing
    23-29=Free passage
    2A=Surfing
    2B-32=Free passage
    33=Blocked
    34-35=Free passage
    36-37=Blocked
    38-39=Free passage
    3A=Jump up 1
    3B = Jump under 1
    3C-3F=Free passage
    40=Rotate right
    41=Rotate left
    42=Rotate up
    43=Rotate down
    44-48=Free passage
    49=Blocked
    4A=Free passage
    4B=Rock Climb
    4C-4F=Free passage
    50-53=Surfing
    54-5D=Free passage
    5E=Stairs down
    5F= Stairs up
    60-63=Free passage
    64=Go in without animation door
    65=Go out of building
    66=Free passage
    67=Jump and transport in building
    68=Free passage
    69= Doors opening
    6A-6D=Free passage
    6E=Go in without animation door
    6F-70=Free passage
    71=Be on bike
    72=Free passage
    73=Surfing
    74-77=Free passage
    78=Surfing
    79-7B=Free passage
    7C=Surfing
    7D-82=Free passage
    83 = Open pc
    84=Free passage
    85 = Open map sinnoh
    86 = Battle Watch(Tv program)
    87-A0=Free passage
    A1=Hiro under snow(Middle)
    A3=Hiro under snow(Only hat out)
    A4=Hiro under mug(middle)
    A5=Hiro under mug(only hat out)
    A6=Grass mug
    A7=Under grass mug
    A9=Snow low
    AA-D2=Free passage
    D3-D9=Ride jump left
    DB=Ride bike
    DC-DF=Free passage
    E0 = It's lined with Pokemon picture books 
    E1 = It's full of Pokemon book
    E2 = Pokemon magazines! 
    E4 =The trash can is empty.
    E5 =The shelves are jammed with colourful Pokemon Goods
    E6-EA=Nothing
    EB=There's a ton of convenient item...
    EC=The shelves brin....
    ED-FF=Free passage

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Well, I've generally gotten the hang of PokeTEX. I guess I'm just first going to make the game based on the Female sprite. Actually, my sprite would be perfect for Platinum - I replaced the Bike with sprites from a Female Skier :-P

I still really need a text editor though...if people've managed to edit the maps, isn't there a text editor somewhere too...?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been checking around this forum and stuff, and there's tons of great stuff, but there's just much too much to look through to find links and whatnot. I just began to create a Diamond hack (I'm sick :p) and I've been looking around for tools and such, but I haven't really had all that much luck...I understand that their isn't a Map Editor Tool yet, but specifically, are there working Text and Sprite editing tools...? I can't find any

I plan on becoming a game writer and not programmer, so Hex coding means nothing to me...but I can learn. I was basically hoping to just hack the game, make a different trainer, and re-write the storyline and dialog and all that stuff. A lot of work, not a lot of programming; but I need some tools...

If somebody has/wants to/is making an entirely different Pokemon game, I'd be willing to help with the story. I'm the most amazing writer, but I'm good at making words read as if they were spoken, if that makes any sense.

Last note: Do DP tools work well with Platinum (or will there be Platinum tools soon)? 'Cus I love the new battle screen n_n

Oh, and would it be possible to put at least a little bit of commentary from Stadium/St2/Battle Rev onto the DS Pokemon games...? I realize Voice Acting would make the game a lot more interesting, even if its just Ash saying "Go!" when you send out a pokemon :P

Hi. Your projekt sound...

Unrealistik, and pointles...

If you don't wanna do any hacking...

DP hacking is at the reseach stage currently and with no done mapping or scripting yet (Even though the mapping has takken some awsome steps the last days:P)then you wont be able to make a story...

If you don't wanna include hex editing, then you neither will come far anyway..
    Hex editing is also hacking, and what you'll be spend a lot time... You were just lucky that the last generation had so many tools...

Well, I've generally gotten the hang of PokeTEX. I guess I'm just first going to make the game based on the Female sprite. Actually, my sprite would be perfect for Platinum - I replaced the Bike with sprites from a Female Skier :-P
    Good for you, you manged to edit a sprite..
    I still really need a text editor though...if people've managed to edit the maps, isn't there a text editor somewhere too...?
    Dude, then seach!?!?!?!? what the **** does map edits, have to do with there's a text editor?
    Spoiler:

My answer for you is two damn word...

FIRE RED - BPRE

Years
  • Sorry Charizard Ruler but i can't agree with that. D/P has some parts where it could improve and a hack of a ds game will be pretty interesting to play.

Name: Aura​

Way to quote a post more then a year old...

I've been checking around this forum and stuff, and there's tons of great stuff, but there's just much too much to look through to find links and whatnot. I just began to create a Diamond hack (I'm sick :p) and I've been looking around for tools and such, but I haven't really had all that much luck...I understand that their isn't a Map Editor Tool yet, but specifically, are there working Text and Sprite editing tools...? I can't find any

Wow... I could say NO a million times but that still wouldn't cut it. There are text editing and sprite editing tools, but just with those you wouldn't be able to create a full DP hack (unless you have the same definition of a hack as Buffy). At the moment most mapping stuff is possible, but it's not easy. The only people know much about scripting are loadingNOW and myself, and I'd say that neither of us knows enough to make a full hack. You most likely won't get any help on this project. As gabe_c said, it's unrealistic and pointless, but I'd like to add that it's stupid.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    i just want to edit what some characters say. i can learn to hex edit. i do not want to edit the in-game events themselves.

i will include hex editing if i have to. i've searched everywhere and can't find any text editing tools. editing Fire Red is pointless.

all i want is some help learning to edit the script, and some help using pokeTEX. no need to insult me for asking genuine questions.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Hey, I found maybe the connections data
    It's located in map-matrix
    The only I've edited is in 0X271388D
    (04 00) If you change that with 07, you swap the maps of 201 with one of Sandem...
    It's a start...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Why would you hex edit?
    Just use Wordpad...

That's what Pichu2009, Gabe, Loadingnow use

You do know that that is the main way of hacking PMD.
    Plus, some mod change this to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Hacking because that Platinum is hackable the exact same way as DP. Platinum Lucario did it, why not everyone else? All programs ae compatible with the 100MB file.

Years
  • You do know that that is the main way of hacking PMD.
    Plus, some mod change this to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Hacking because that Platinum is hackable the exact same way as DP. Platinum Lucario did it, why not everyone else? All programs ae compatible with the 100MB file.

Sorry, I'm just a n00b, could you teach me?
    Dude, That's the main way?
    So yes or no, It worpad designed to handle 32 mb files?
    Sorry, But not all charchers are displayed in ascii... What does make it the main way of hacking PMD?

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    would it be possible to replace the entire DP overworld with one from a GBA game and then edit that? that way simple GBA hacks would be able to take advantage of the DS battle system and touch screen and stuff.

or something along those lines at least - like just completely ignore/delete the 3d effects

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Pokedex Hacking

And I would like to replace DP Pokedex Pokemon with other ones. Is it possible? I tried to to do it by DP PokedexOrder editor from Whack A Hack! but I can't SAVE the changes! Maybe it's possible by using Nitor Explorer..? Please, HELP ME!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • would it be possible to replace the entire DP overworld with one from a GBA game and then edit that? that way simple GBA hacks would be able to take advantage of the DS battle system and touch screen and stuff.

or something along those lines at least - like just completely ignore/delete the 3d effects
    No.
    Yes you could replace the overworld
    BUT IT WOULD FREEZE AS SOON AS YOU ENTERED A MAP
    Diamond/Pearl is 3d
    Gba Versions are 2d
    If I'm not mistaken the overworlds in D/P are 2D. And are set out exactly the same as in the GBA games.

Snowfield34

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2009
    That's partially true. While the DP overworlds are simple models with textures on them, you could easily rip the texture and put it into GBA games.

Are you sure about that?

They are formed and all...

And I would like to replace DP Pokedex Pokemon with other ones. Is it possible? I tried to to do it by DP PokedexOrder editor from Whack A Hack! but I can't SAVE the changes! Maybe it's possible by using Nitor Explorer..? Please, HELP ME!
    I don't know which Pokedex Editor, There might be more then one... Please Say who made it...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back