• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Looking at this might shed some light: gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140125
    I will eventually look at it, but I have not gotten around to it.

To me it seems like this:

Music is determined based on events, such as a trainer battle or Wild Pokemon.

If we were to find the hex for the music, and for the events it goes to, we could edit it.

The question is, where is the music?

An Action Replay code for Diamond/Pearl has a music hack.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    To me it seems like this:

Music is determined based on events, such as a trainer battle or Wild Pokemon.

If we were to find the hex for the music, and for the events it goes to, we could edit it.

The question is, where is the music?

An Action Replay code for Diamond/Pearl has a music hack.
    So analyze the AR code. They are pure hex!
    SCV showed me how to do this and I owe him enormously for it! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been able to enable the one event in my Platinum hack! What I ended up doing was grabbing a similar AR code and compared the 2 codes back and forth....

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Changing the sprite is possible, as demonstrated way back when in his very thread. getting the text to match might be harder, and I am guessing you are probably right about the script being in ASM rather than just an event script, but I will deal with that if and when I do a serious hack, ratehr than just wanting to have the lil pink cat as my starter :)
    ~D~

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    Changing the sprite is possible, as demonstrated way back when in his very thread. getting the text to match might be harder, and I am guessing you are probably right about the script being in ASM rather than just an event script, but I will deal with that if and when I do a serious hack, ratehr than just wanting to have the lil pink cat as my starter :)
    ~D~
    Well in the Jap DP version changing sprites was easy. In the English DP it wasn't. I have not checked for platinum. If it doesn't for you when changing the starter, then that means it will probably be like in US DP.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Well in the Jap DP version changing sprites was easy. In the English DP it wasn't. I have not checked for platinum. If it doesn't for you when changing the starter, then that means it will probably be like in US DP.
    Hmm, now i should fiddle with it in the (J) version, just to see if changing the starter hex changes its sprite as well. but who knows. Its mostly moot anyway, since I am not nearly experienced enough a hacker, coder, hex editor or what have you, to actually break it down.

And on the subject of using the NARC system, its more a matter of experience, though I could probably learn. and if you were able to make your program work with a few minor changes, that gives me much hope :)

~D~

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    so far for me with the us plat. the programs work fine its just i get a huge freeze whenever i try to upload backsprite's for the hero, its like 50kb bigger than the original narc but would that make my battle screen freeze up?

or am i missing something huge here?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
    so far for me with the us plat. the programs work fine its just i get a huge freeze whenever i try to upload backsprite's for the hero, its like 50kb bigger than the original narc but would that make my battle screen freeze up?

or am i missing something huge here?
    What are you using to input the sprite?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I thought you couldn't edit hero backsprites or in battle trainer sprites for platinum yet, something to do with them being animated? I have the platinum version of pokeDSpic but it doesn't allow me to change the in battle sprites, only the palletes.

If there is a way to change the in battle sprite for platinum I would REALLY appreciate being told how :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    after a lot of sweat i found out how to finnaly edit the backsprite trainer...but it isnt easy
    it takes ALOt of patience, now how exactly can you change the pallete of the trainer?

ill gladly tell you how i did it after i find out how to edit the palletes!

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    after a lot of sweat i found out how to finnaly edit the backsprite trainer...but it isnt easy
    it takes ALOt of patience, now how exactly can you change the pallete of the trainer?

ill gladly tell you how i did it after i find out how to edit the palletes!

Generally when you find out how to do something you share how you did it without making demands.

To change palettes on backsprites just insert an image using the palette you want into the file before the picture file on pokeDSpic platinum.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    yeah i guess that was kinda rude, sorry i was proud and it was late last night.
    download a program called TilED and use that to open up the narc file. then you can just find the palette button and import a png image making it easy to view the trainer. then after that you just make your changes BUT this takes up so much time...

oh and set the image mode to GBA 4 and dont leave it on the snes one

you might need to fix the image adress as well, its easy when you mess with it for a little while

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    yeah i guess that was kinda rude, sorry i was proud and it was late last night.
    download a program called TilED and use that to open up the narc file. then you can just find the palette button and import a png image making it easy to view the trainer. then after that you just make your changes BUT this takes up so much time...

oh and set the image mode to GBA 4 and dont leave it on the snes one

you might need to fix the image adress as well, its easy when you mess with it for a little while

hmm, doesn't seem to work for platinum.

Works for diamond and pearl, but you can just use pokedspic for those. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    i can't seem to get your thing to work either, how bout we both make videos for each other? lol

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
    that was a little rude...
    anyhow, you should compile a list of programs you used, a list of pointers, and put it in a different thread.
    has anyone here edited the sprites in the english platinum with PokeTEX? I wanted a list.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    If ever there was going to be a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hack, I wonder how big the file is going to be.. The original game is already so big and laggy when played on my iDEAS emulator, I don't know if I want to risk it and invest my time in laggy gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2009
    I'm having trouble getting PokeTex to work with US version of Platinum, can somebody help me out?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    You have to edit the japanese one and extract the files and re-insert them into the US one...
    I pretty sure that's the case, anyone feel free to jump in here...

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Map & Text Editing Help

So I Wanna make a map edit I download Thingy32 And download a tbl file from ths thread opened my diamond rom then the tbl Now What?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back