• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Sure there is. Just not right now. No emulators have been able to emulate Wi-Fi yet. :\

Thats because none of the emulators have been given the ability to acsess the internet. All the DS does is acsess the internet and going to the sites that are put in hex into the rom, for Diamond it starts somewhere around the offset $1415F0

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Thats because none of the emulators have been given the ability to acsess the internet. All the DS does is acsess the internet and going to the sites that are put in hex into the rom, for Diamond it starts somewhere around the offset $1415F0

I don't think they can connect period. like its not just wifi that doesn't work but also LAN. Hopefully in the future it will at least be possible to connect them over the internet over hamachi the same way it is done with gba games these days.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I don't think they can connect period. like its not just wifi that doesn't work but also LAN. Hopefully in the future it will at least be possible to connect them over the internet over hamachi the same way it is done with gba games these days.

well they can connect but what they havent been able to get the emulator to do is decrypt the sites and the actions. See this https://nas.test.nintendowifi.net/ac is a vilid website with a bad certificate, one that the ds would connect to but when you go there ie will say certificate invalid you allow it to go and its blank. so you make a link right-click save target as, and the file has absolutly nothing in it. but yet something exists because ie knows there is a bad certificate. this is why they cant figure it out. "You don't know what you can't see (on a computer screen) all you have to do is open your eyes!"

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • well they can connect but what they havent been able to get the emulator to do is decrypt the sites and the actions. See this https://nas.test.nintendowifi.net/ac is a vilid website with a bad certificate, one that the ds would connect to but when you go there ie will say certificate invalid you allow it to go and its blank. so you make a link right-click save target as, and the file has absolutly nothing in it. but yet something exists because ie knows there is a bad certificate. this is why they cant figure it out. "You don't know what you can't see (on a computer screen) all you have to do is open your eyes!"
    ah ok. But I dont think No$gba can connect regularly though. like you can't trade pokemon with your self and stuff. But If it was possible to connect it the same way that vba link works then we could play it over hamachi.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    Hey i have looked through some of the pages then i found out there were 71 pages.. yikes i cant read all those. can someone please post links to downloads of some text or graphic editors for d/p or platinum

Years
  • Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Are we already able to change the music in Diamond and Pearl?

Like changing the in-game Gym Leader battle music or something?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    Hey are there any tools for platinum (or dp) that i can change a pictures of pokemon? i saw a video on youtube but i deleted my history so i've forgotten the site
    so is there anything like unLZ.gba for the DS? i have pokedspic and some other tools.
    I also don't know how to make a NARC file.

please help and super TY to the first person that helps me.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, you need PokéDSPic for that. But you'll need a NARC file, too.

You can extract NARC files from your Diamond / Pearl / Platinum rom with programs like NitroExplorer. I guess you can download it somewhere on PokéCommunity, or just google it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    yay thankyou i got pokedspic working and got my narc files from diamond but how do i use pokepic? i have some other tools from a torrent like tahaxan and PPTE
    but what one is easiest and how do i use them?

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I just use PokéDSPic, it´s very easy to use. Just use File > Open narc file and open the 'Pokegra.narc' file.

You can get it fróm your Pokémon rom with the NitroExplorer.

Anyone can answer my question?

Are we already able to change the music in Diamond and Pearl?

Like changing the in-game Gym Leader battle music or something?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2012
    Anyone can answer my question?

Yes we can already change the music. I've done that in my (already released) hack already (link: gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5819 )
    I've got the idea from gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5464 (compare the file to a clean rom to see the exact hex changes; or just use the provided patches)

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Hey, you guys are good can you help me I put my own sprites into PokeDSPic but it comes it comes up all fuzzy and covered in funny lines anda colours like when your TV goes all funny with black and grey lines over it but, odd colours.

Please help I'm stuck !!!

Reply quick

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Hey, you guys are good can you help me I put my own sprites into PokeDSPic but it comes it comes up all fuzzy and covered in funny lines anda colours like when your TV goes all funny with black and grey lines over it but, odd colours.

Please help I'm stuck !!!

Reply quick
    How many colors are in the palette you are using?

Can you show us a screenshot?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    if you are using the platinum one then i have no idea how to help you there sorry. it happens on mine aswell and so now i can only use the diamond one. oh how sad.

if you are on diamond one make sure u are using the original pokedspic and u have unpacked the diamond rom fully and used the right narc (poketool>pokegra>pokegra.narc)
    and then press down on your keyboard a few times until bulbasaur appears. then click the drop down menu and pick a pokemon.

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • So, I was wondering if you people know some values that are the same for all Pokécenters, but different for most/all other maps, that are the same as the map ID for the Poffin House? We (pretty much the whole HallofOrigin forum) really want to know. And we were also wondering if there was a map that points to the Hall of Origin in the same way as the Pokécenter to POffin house.

Thanks in advance! You could find the way to get Arceus via tweaking!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    --
    I'm only using colours from other Pokémon
    I don't know which screen shots you want so here's a link to my Pokémon
    And here's a link to a pic of my problem in PokeDSPic
    I hope this helps in figuring out how to solve my problem!!!!!!
    --
    if pokeDSpic isnt startign then u need to install the latest .net framework.
    aand for the color problem u need to copy all the colors in the pokemon you're editing or else it will go all wacky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back