• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    i suggested this a while ago, and we(especaly me) already know about the map hacking stuff.the simple truth is that making a map editor program is very difficult. Map hacking? EASY. making a map editor? NOT SO EASY. if you think you can make a map editor out of scrach, feel free to try, but i duobt you will find succses. and if you want to edit so bad use hex. its what i use. Please, in the future don't be a simpleton
    Oh yeah, SCV can i join your "team"?
    Hey Potatomuffin!I saw your map hacks Videos on YouTube!I am really amazed!Please tell me how to make Tilemap hack in a Pokemon Map!

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • i suggested this a while ago, and we(especaly me) already know about the map hacking stuff.the simple truth is that making a map editor program is very difficult. Map hacking? EASY. making a map editor? NOT SO EASY. if you think you can make a map editor out of scrach, feel free to try, but i duobt you will find succses. and if you want to edit so bad use hex. its what i use. Please, in the future don't be a simpleton
    Map editing with a hex editor is not too feasible, because mainly you can break stuff not change it into something different that is useful (that is if we are talking about model editing which is the difficulty in map editing)

Send me an email at [email protected] Let me know what you want to work on, if its still the same as before and if you have learned any programming yet.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    i have a few questions.

because i want to increase the pokedex to whatever

would finding the code for the pokdex number (493) and changing it to what i want and doing the same with a pokedex editor, would that increase the pokedex, or is it not that simple

also would i be able to replace the models (of characters) with sprites

and same with the map editing (like the gba advance map)(make it 2d in other words)

is there anyway to convert a gba rom to a ds rom and still make it work?

slawter666

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • i suggested this a while ago, and we(especaly me) already know about the map hacking stuff.the simple truth is that making a map editor program is very difficult. Map hacking? EASY. making a map editor? NOT SO EASY. if you think you can make a map editor out of scrach, feel free to try, but i duobt you will find succses. and if you want to edit so bad use hex. its what i use. Please, in the future don't be a simpleton

Humility goes a long way in creating a good image for yourself... That kind of attitude will give you a bad name in the community.

Not trying to flame, but next time try to leave stuff like that out so you don't appear arrogant.

Years
    • SV
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    Hey Everybody, a week ago, I asked a help how editing evolutions with trade to evolve with item, for example, I want edit Electabuzz evolve into Electivire giving a Electirizer. But a guy said who I should be banned. I searched Tutorials on the site. but didn't have a tutorial. Anybody can help me please, I play Pokémon Platinum on emulator, I want evolve my Electabuuz into Electivire.

Anybody can teach me how can I edit evolutions with trade to evoltutions giving a item with hex editor?

(Please, if anybody help teach me with pictures, because I'm very stupid)

Years
    • SV
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    I can't learn it.
    Sorry, RolandHazoto.
    Please, be pacient with me.
    Someone teach me with more details.
    On Tutorial, Pokemon Diamond is so different of Pokemon Platinum!

Frenean

Corychan
    Years
  • How about a hack that makes the game speeds go faster on roms? Haha seriously I can't find a rom/emulater when I try playing Pokemon D/P that can do full speed in 3D screens. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to know.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

If those aren't running at at least 88% speed for you get a better computer...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    Edit Trainer Sprites in Pokemon Platinum

Hi there,
    i have a question: Is there a possibility to change the Battle Sprites of the Pokemon Trainers like Bug Catcher, Youngster etc.? I tried it with the tool : " PokeDSPicPlatinumTrainers"(I think SCV made it) but it doesn´t work: The Programm shows my new Sprites but in the game the are still the old ones.
    I have read this thread and found no answer for it.
    thank you very much for your help

Years
  • hi

hey i've spent the last 3 days reading up to the 50th page of this thread after that i downloaded a hex editor and looked for some stuff i found some stuff that might be useful, here are the images.

h ttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/kenshin-dragon/mapeditinggeuss.jpg

h ttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/kenshin-dragon/mapeditinggeuss2.jpg

h ttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/kenshin-dragon/mapeditinggeuss3.jpg

h ttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu48/kenshin-dragon/mapeditinggeuss4.jpg

put into address bar remember to take out the space

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    how do you change the title screen of pokemon diamond/platinum?

btw what is the max no. of colours in a pallete you can have when importing a sprite + how do you import them so they have a transparent background in-game?

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • how do you change the title screen of pokemon diamond/platinum?

btw what is the max no. of colours in a pallete you can have when importing a sprite + how do you import them so they have a transparent background in-game?
    You can have a maximum of 16 colors (0 to F)
    0 is transparent

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • *Sarcastically* Sure! I'll make a Map Editing Program with the power of my mind! I am invisioning it...now!
    Too bad it does not work that way!
    I need to know how to program. I can see the program and how it would work, I just don't have the know-how to create it using C++ or whatever. I need to know how to manipulate the hardware with software and how to make the program use each "function" to change each "hex" value. I remember that if you expand any map size in Advance Map, you would need to re-point the new data into the bottom(?) of the ROM?

...So...if someone could not be a complete, childish, baby and please point me to where I can learn such skills. I mean, where the gamefreak are all of these five-year-olds learning C++!?

Years
  • how do you change the title screen of pokemon diamond/platinum?

you need to use a program called Tilemolester the download link is thurther back in this thread on page 31

it's about half way down.

hope this helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back