• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
Years
  • would it be possible just to remove the 3d models from the maps and use blocks instead, because the floor must be blocks or is that a 3d model itself?
    Well, unfortunately, no, you can't. The floor doesn't consist of blocks, it is a plane surface with varying heights covered in varying textures. So essentially, the new floors are just one big "block" or model.

btw this is probably directed at more advanced programmers but, a few pages ago i said i want to add types and was told how the dis/advantage table is hackable.

well if you added an extra value on the table (e.g original table 1-14 so add 15 (i don't know if these are the proper values i'm just using them as an example)
    and on 15 put a pointer to the graphic you want it to represent (e.g death (made up type)) and then add the hex values for what it's strong against and weak against.

would that work or not?
    Well yes, this is possible, as long as there is space. You need the new line of how well that does against other types, AND you have to add to each type how well they do against you. And then on top of that, you need the special images and you need to assign moves to that type and pokemon to that type as well. Its a lot of work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Hey portgoose,

the basic problem is not how to display the map models. It's rather that we (at least I) have no clue how you could implement a working DPPl editor in terms of vertices, textures and so on. The maps do not consist of "blocks" anymore (as we are used to with the GBA-generation) so everybody who wants to edit the models will have a hard time editing every single vertex plus the linked texel data.

greetz
    MX

Hmm... Are objects such as signs also stored in the map model, or not?
    If the map model is purely the terrain of the map, then I think it is achievable... A map editor could use a tiling system, which handles the x and y of each vertex, and automatically assigns textures based on the tile placed. Obviously, the tiling system would only be used in the editor, and converted to a model for the actual hack.
    The z could be handled using a heightmap; compiling the map would simply take the x, y corresponding texture from a tilemap, and add the z values from a heightmap. The heightmap shouldn't be too hard to automatically generate from the way cliffs, ponds etc are laid out on the tilemap.
    Buildings and trees are stored separately from the terrain model, right? In the editor, they'd be represented by large blocks of tiles, which can't be used separately, and placed on a separate layer. The bottom (terrain) layer would be compiled separately from the top (building and tree) layer.

At least, that's how I think it might be done... I'm not a hacker, so some of my assumptions are probably incorrect.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • Hmm... Are objects such as signs also stored in the map model, or not?
    If the map model is purely the terrain of the map, then I think it is achievable... A map editor could use a tiling system, which handles the x and y of each vertex, and automatically assigns textures based on the tile placed. Obviously, the tiling system would only be used in the editor, and converted to a model for the actual hack.
    The z could be handled using a heightmap; compiling the map would simply take the x, y corresponding texture from a tilemap, and add the z values from a heightmap. The heightmap shouldn't be too hard to automatically generate from the way cliffs, ponds etc are laid out on the tilemap.
    Buildings and trees are stored separately from the terrain model, right? In the editor, they'd be represented by large blocks of tiles, which can't be used separately, and placed on a separate layer. The bottom (terrain) layer would be compiled separately from the top (building and tree) layer.

At least, that's how I think it might be done... I'm not a hacker, so some of my assumptions are probably incorrect.
    Some objects are separate from the map. Signs are not involved with the map at all; they fall into the same category as the townspeople do. The houses are models, yes. They are called onto the map by number and are simply given coordinates. The trees however are not. They are created the same way as the roads are, through textures.
    The heightmap is complicating. I have been researching that for some time now, and I have discovered some of the things about how the heights work, and stairs and whatnot. But most of the heightmap goes back to the chunks of texture, as the pieces are defined there, and the whole piece gets moved up or down at one time.
    Sorry for shooting you down, but at least we're kinda getting somewhere

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years
  • Well i got bored today.. So i did a little pokemon diamond hacking..

Well this was a little hard to do, but i hacked the pokemon diamond maps.

diamondhacked2.jpg

diamondhacked3.jpg

diamondhacked4.jpg

diamondhacked5.png

Well it's a start, but nothing really big..

good job! i did pretty much what u did here except i couldn't get the GTS model. can you tell me what hex number it is?

NatureKeeper

Some objects are separate from the map. Signs are not involved with the map at all; they fall into the same category as the townspeople do. The houses are models, yes. They are called onto the map by number and are simply given coordinates. The trees however are not. They are created the same way as the roads are, through textures.
    The heightmap is complicating. I have been researching that for some time now, and I have discovered some of the things about how the heights work, and stairs and whatnot. But most of the heightmap goes back to the chunks of texture, as the pieces are defined there, and the whole piece gets moved up or down at one time.
    Sorry for shooting you down, but at least we're kinda getting somewhere

Then, Why don't you make a WorldBuilder or so like the Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth's? I mean, It edits height, texture, surfaces, scripts, events, people, etc... So one could be made to implement D\P, eh? It'll be like the Lord of the Rings World Building, which is really easy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Then, Why don't you make a WorldBuilder or so like the Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth's? I mean, It edits height, texture, surfaces, scripts, events, people, etc... So one could be made to implement D\P, eh? It'll be like the Lord of the Rings World Building, which is really easy.

It would be easy to build with yes, but can you imagine how long someone would have to slave in order to provide that!? i think we've got a long way but there won't be a map editor till next year and that's if we're lucky!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    could someone make a proof of concept thing for the type adding, i would do it myself but am unsure of exactly how to do it.

also, another advanced hacking thing (i have a bad habit for trying to make stuff extremely good/challenging) if you change the value in the pokedex that represent 493 to say 601 would that change the number the pokedex goes up to?

also is there a way to do block editting/ make blocks go over the 3d models/or make the tilesets from r/s/e textures and just wrap individual bits you want

Last edited:

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • could someone make a proof of concept thing for the type adding, i would do it myself but am unsure of exactly how to do it.

also, another advanced hacking thing (i have a bad habit for trying to make stuff extremely good/challenging) if you change the value in the pokedex that represent 493 to say 601 would that change the number the pokedex goes up to?

also is there a way to do block editting/ make blocks go over the 3d models/or make the tilesets from r/s/e textures and just wrap individual bits you want
    Changing the number to 601 wouldn't do any good. You would need to expand the allocated size of the pokedex first (doing so, you would have to rewrite everything else that runs off of offsets-- a lot)

The blocks just aren't there unfortunately. DP now uses these efficient ways of doing stuff. Just think of an image: You can draw a Multiple co-linear points... or just draw a line. These maps are made of blocks; they are complex shapes meshed together.

No proof on the Type stuff for you yet though. I've been pretty busy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Changing the number to 601 wouldn't do any good. You would need to expand the allocated size of the pokedex first (doing so, you would have to rewrite everything else that runs off of offsets-- a lot)

The blocks just aren't there unfortunately. DP now uses these efficient ways of doing stuff. Just think of an image: You can draw a Multiple co-linear points... or just draw a line. These maps are made of blocks; they are complex shapes meshed together.

No proof on the Type stuff for you yet though. I've been pretty busy; my map editor is finally working, just, it needs more functionality.

I meant exanding the pokedex to 601, my bad, i just re-read what i wrote. realistically how long would it take me to do that with the pokedex. also does the blocks/buildings etc have individual textures or whole tilesets for that map?

also what are you currently working on, is it just the map editor? btw what features will the map editor have when it's finished

Slawter666

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    Whenever I open my diamond hack, Dark Diamond, in one of the tools that edit the rom directly, not the narc, I get runtime errors all the time.
    I'm not sure what I did, but it works with a clean diamond rom.

The tools I used on it are:

• Attack Editor DS
    • Elite 4 Editor D/P
    • Evolution Editor DP
    • Pokemon DP Trade Editor
    • Pokemon Moveset Editor DS
    • Pokemon Data Editor DS
    • Sebbe's Gym Editor
    • PokeDSPic
    • Starter Editor Pro
    • ndstool
    • thenewpoketext
    • PPRE
    • PPTE
    • Wild Pokemon Editor DS

Which one of them would it be that did it?
    I edited a lot of text if that means anything.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that it was the text editing now, or maybe that thenewpoketext trims the rom?
    I really need help with this so I can move forward.

Last edited:

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
    Years
  • I figured this would be the BEST place to ask this...

Is there a program or method I can use to export/import .wav files from a nintendo DS Rom? That would be useful for my Hack.

Zephi

He who cannot learn.
    Years
  • I've been trying to find out if there is a way to import a 31x31 image into Platinum.
    So far, I have been using IrfanView to cut out 31x31 sprite images and zooming in, then replicating it pixel by pixel onto notepad, then copy/pasting it into Poktex.
    Very good results (see Mew below), but it's extremely time consuming (The full Absol sheet I'm working on now is 11,532 individual numbers total, just like any other).

There has to be a better way to get a sprite from an image into the game...right?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Is there a program or method I can use to export/import .wav files from a nintendo DS Rom? That would be useful for my Hack.
    Search for NDSSndExt on Google. That should export them. I don't know how you'd import, though.
    I've been trying to find out if there is a way to import a 31x31 image into Platinum.
    So far, I have been using IrfanView to cut out 31x31 sprite images and zooming in, then replicating it pixel by pixel onto notepad, then copy/pasting it into Poktex.
    Very good results (see Mew below), but it's extremely time consuming (The full Absol sheet I'm working on now is 11,532 individual numbers total, just like any other).

There has to be a better way to get a sprite from an image into the game...right?
    I think I can make a tool to do something like that...

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • I've been trying to find out if there is a way to import a 31x31 image into Platinum.

BLAH
    Watch this... it should help, I guess.

Zephi

He who cannot learn.
    Years
  • @Wichu If you made something like that, I might do a backflip! It would also be great for turning Dawn into a Magikarp :D
    @D-Trogh I watched that and the OWEDS video as well. Right now I'm tinkering with Tile Molester, trying to get somewhere.

OWEDS isn't available, is it? The date on that video is last December so I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Pardon me if i didn't read all the pages. Is there already a solution on how to edit the trainer hero sprite?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back