• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    All I've done so far was change the starter pokemon sprites with a help of a tutorial. I tried it , but the game (Platinum) crashes after the 1st rival battle (Used No$cashGBA)so I cannot fully test it on the computer.

Once game playability and stability gets better for DS emulators, playing hacks on the computer will be a breeze, but that is kind of redundant with the functions that require the touch screen. So actually, playing DS hacks on a cart is recommended for now.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • All I've done so far was change the starter pokemon sprites with a help of a tutorial. I tried it , but the game (Platinum) crashes after the 1st rival battle (Used No$cashGBA)so I cannot fully test it on the computer.

Once game playability and stability gets better for DS emulators, playing hacks on the computer will be a breeze, but that is kind of redundant with the functions that require the touch screen. So actually, playing DS hacks on a cart is recommended for now.
    Can you link to the tutorial? Its actually pretty hard to change starter sprites, I would like to see someone else whose done it.

Also emulators run pokemon games well. If your computer doesn't then get a better computer.

Years
  • Help for a newbie, please?

Okay, I'm new at hacking. When I heard it's possible to hack Pokemon Diamond i decided to try it. It has been going perfectly great so far, I used EEDP, WildPEDS and DPTrade. It was a piece of cake, because those tools made it so easy to do it.
    But then I got to the part that isn't such a walk in the park. I am trying to add legendary Pokemon all over Sinnoh and I don't know how to do it. Obviously, if I edit it in WildPEDS, it would result in countless number of that species of wild Pokemon. Needless to say, I want only one to appear.
    I am trying to make them be on the map like Heatran, or Arceus up in the hall of origin. Also, I want them to appear on map only after obtaining national dex and beating elite four. Could somebody of you expirenced ROM hackers please tell me what tools must I use to do that, and if those are not so easy to use (I have a feeling it'll be that way), could you also give me detailed instructions???

Sorry if this got posted twice but I posted it first time and it didn't appear, so I did it again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    there is a website called wack a hack and that is where i got the tools for my diamond hack that im working on currently you can change trainer pokemon what pokemon appear in what location the starters and there is even scripting tools so that you can change the opening and the intoduction by rowan.

Okay, I'm new at hacking. When I heard it's possible to hack Pokemon Diamond i decided to try it. It has been going perfectly great so far, I used EEDP, WildPEDS and DPTrade. It was a piece of cake, because those tools made it so easy to do it.
    But then I got to the part that isn't such a walk in the park. I am trying to add legendary Pokemon all over Sinnoh and I don't know how to do it. Obviously, if I edit it in WildPEDS, it would result in countless number of that species of wild Pokemon. Needless to say, I want only one to appear.
    I am trying to make them be on the map like Heatran, or Arceus up in the hall of origin. Also, I want them to appear on map only after obtaining national dex and beating elite four. Could somebody of you expirenced ROM hackers please tell me what tools must I use to do that, and if those are not so easy to use (I have a feeling it'll be that way), could you also give me detailed instructions???

Sorry if this got posted twice but I posted it first time and it didn't appear, so I did it again.
    go to wahackpokemon.com/en/ to dind all the tools youy wil ever need when hacking D?P but im not so sure about Paltinum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    PokeTex Question

Is there a way to reload BMP Files after you save them in PokeTex? Beacuse I was recoloring stuff all morning and it won't work.

Years
  • -sorry, don't know about poketex

-i downloaded all my hacks from that site too, but there's no tool for placing items/events (what i think would be needed to put up a legendary pokemon like that).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    Is there anyway to change the default name of a Pokemon for Diamond / Pearl.

Because I don't know of any tools that can do so, yet I've seen it done.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • Well, HGSS is out in less than two weeks now. How far have we come overall in Gen IV hacking? I've seen pretty much everything now, but maybe you guys can just build up a summary of what you know of.

After all, I've got plenty of work of my own to do.[/foreshadowing]
    ~Alpha

Maarton

Johto Master
    Years
  • Pokemon Platinum Back Sprites

Sorry guys maby this topic is allready in here, but i cant find it!

I am trying to change the BACK sprites of pokemon in battle, how is it done?

I have extracted pokegra.narc from the ROM and changed the BACK sprite of the pokemon, and inserted it. but its still the same?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    Anyone know how to edit the text in the start screen? I know it is in titledemo.narc but when I opened the file with a hex editor, I can not find any readable text. It look likes its encrypted or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2016
    Anyone know how to edit the text in the start screen? I know it is in titledemo.narc but when I opened the file with a hex editor, I can not find any readable text. It look likes its encrypted or something.

It's a graphic file, not a text string, like Gba

Years
  • Hi,

Does anybody know how to hex-edit the text. I don't mean with A-Text or something, because I want to learn how to translate a game. So I downloaded XVI32 (a hex editor), Tahaxan, and some other stuff.
    What I did, I opened Tahaxan, extracted the d_enc_data.narc, and opened that .narc file with the Hex editor. But I can't see any text on the right, I think it's encrypted or something like that. If I change one of the numbers on the left into 41, right I see the letter A, but anything else is encrypted, does anybody know how to un crypt it?

Greetings, Drakee

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Hi,

Does anybody know how to hex-edit the text. I don't mean with A-Text or something, because I want to learn how to translate a game. So I downloaded XVI32 (a hex editor), Tahaxan, and some other stuff.
    What I did, I opened Tahaxan, extracted the d_enc_data.narc, and opened that .narc file with the Hex editor. But I can't see any text on the right, I think it's encrypted or something like that. If I change one of the numbers on the left into 41, right I see the letter A, but anything else is encrypted, does anybody know how to un crypt it?

Greetings, Drakee
    WTF - -'
    d_enc_data.narc holds the Encounter Data for Diamond..
    So, there is no text..

Years
  • oh, I've been told that that's the one that holds it all, but ok.
    Which one is the one I'm looking for then? What's it called?

BTW, thanks for fast reaction!

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Anyone have good tools for editing Platinum? I would like to change a few trainer sprites and overworlds.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • oh, I've been told that that's the one that holds it all, but ok.
    Which one is the one I'm looking for then? What's it called?

BTW, thanks for fast reaction!
    The msg.narc holds the text I think.
    You'll need thenewpoketext (@POKEGUIDE) to decrypt/encrypt the text.
    Anyone have good tools for editing Platinum? I would like to change a few trainer sprites and overworlds.
    PokeDSPic(Platinum), PokeTEX, TileMolester

Years
  • @ D-Trogh, Thanks. I'm currently working on HGSS, there its root\a\0\2\7, if people want to know.
    But my question is: How does Thenewpoketext work? You'll probably hear this alot, but I start it up, I have to put in a ROM name, the name of my ROM is Pokemon Soul Silver.nds so that's what I put in. It just makes a Tmp_Pokemon_Soul_Silver directory. If I try it with the rom in the same directory as Thenewpoketext, it still doesn't work. Can somebody make a tutorial, or a guide, an good one, from starting it up too changing text?

EDIT: Now I know how to use Thenewpoketext (I think) I forgot to put ndstool in the directory ...... (Stupid me...)
    So now I "only" need to know a way to edit the xml file, or the narc file or any other way too change the text.......
    Everything is welcome.....

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back