• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    in many posts, i've read about hacked games/pokemon/stuff....what does it meen? like an R4 thingy and how do you know its hacked?...

i'm kinda new in these stuff and wouldnt want to be stuck with one

*edit*
    also...many of the battle rules there was "clause"...does that meen its not permitted

thx

The defenition of a hacked object is something in the game that has been influenced by an external force. This can involve hacking a pokemon to have huge stats, illegal movesets, gaining pokemon that are otherwise unavailable and so on. Hacks are sometimes noticable, as they will simply have something thats impossible to get on them like a new move or stats that go over the maximum. Strange OT and ID numbers are also a givaway, just inspect the poke before you trade and you should be fine.

Clauses are the unofficial rules people set down when battling competetively. Almost everybody uses the following set of clauses:

Species Clause: You may not have the same pokemon twice on your team.
    Tier Clause: You may not use pokemon from a higher tier than the one specified prior to the battle, in order- Uber/OU/UU/NU, uber being the highest tier and NU being the lowest. Click here for a list of which pokemon is in which clause.
    Evasion Clause: You may not directly reduce your opponent's accuracy or your own evasion stats. Inadvertantly doing so in ways such as sand veil and metronome are exempt from this rule.
    Item/Hax Clause: No item with an effect that occurs randomly is allowed to be used. This includes king's rock, quick claw, focus band and any other item where you have no control over its effects. Items that cause breaches in other clauses (For example, bright powder increases your evasion and therefore breaks the evasion clause) and OHKO moves are also banned.
    Sleep Clause: You may not deliberately put more than one of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at any one time. Inadvertantly doing so in ways such as metronome are exempt from this rule. Also, it only applies to pokes you put to sleep- your opponent can put 5 of his own pokes to sleep with rest and you are still free to use hypnosis on the 6th.

That's it I think.

EDIT: Kayashi, the freeze clause is not a real clause because the player has no direct control over when freezing comes into play. For example, if I have a choice specs articuno and wipe out their Ice resist, must I forfeit if hax goes my way and by ice-beaming several times in a row I accidentally freeze two pokes? Freezing is a lucky side effect of legal moves, whereas sleep is a move in itself and something which the player directly controls. Likewise the item clause is never used, because it was invented by whiney children who got annoyed by stall teams that abused leftovers.

I forgot about the self-destruct clause though, that one is valid.

Last edited:
    Years
    ok...so lets say i have an R4 with pokemon in it (i have the real pokemon game too)
    in the R4, there is this cheat page, where i can get maxed master ball, TM, and other stuff.

does that consider hacking?

also, what is metagaming?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    ok...so lets say i have an R4 with pokemon in it (i have the real pokemon game too)
    in the R4, there is this cheat page, where i can get maxed master ball, TM, and other stuff.

also, what is metagaming?

You're using an external source so yeah, that's hacking. Of course you aren't hacking the pokemon so you could hack 1000 master balls and nobody would know (Unless you get a poke which is not obtainable in a master ball).

The metagame is the competetive pokemon enviroment, visit the strategy and movesets forum here for more information on competetive battling.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    This may be a dumb question, But I don't know where else to put it:

Does D/P/Pt have an internal battery?
    and if so, How long does it last?

Just curious.

Since D/P/Pt use the ds clock there is no need to have an internal battery so no it dosent have an internal battery

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Since D/P/Pt use the ds clock there is no need to have an internal battery so no it dosent have an internal battery

Reakky, I never knew that, I am going to research that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, all you need then is a female Chimchar / Monferno / Infernape and another Pokemon in the same egg group that knows Blaze Kick and Thunderpunch. Hitmonlee, Blaziken, etc.
    They all have ThunderPunch and/or Blaze Kick as egg moves, too. The easiest way is to get yourself a male Smeargle, Sketch both moves, then breed with a female Lucario.
    EDIT: Kayashi, the freeze clause is not a real clause because the player has no direct control over when freezing comes into play. For example, if I have a choice specs articuno and wipe out their Ice resist, must I forfeit if hax goes my way and by ice-beaming several times in a row I accidentally freeze two pokes? Freezing is a lucky side effect of legal moves, whereas sleep is a move in itself and something which the player directly controls. Likewise the item clause is never used, because it was invented by whiney children who got annoyed by stall teams that abused leftovers.
    Actually, clauses are based on Pokémon Stadium and its sequels, where they could be put into play. Freeze Clause and Item Clause are possible choices; it's just that Freeze Clause isn't practical on D/P. I think PBR has it, though...
    Also, as far as I know, Item Clause is standard for official Nintendo tournaments.
    Does D/P/Pt have an internal battery?
    and if so, How long does it last?
    I know this has been answered already, but I'd like to add something. If you're worried about it running out and deleting your save, then that's not a problem; all games since R/S don't rely on the battery to save, only for the clock (in the case of R/S/E).

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I just want to check if something my friend said was correct.

He said that in double battles, attacks that hit more than one Pokemon (e.g. Surf) aren't as powerful as when they are used in single battles.

Is that the case? o.O

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014

He said that in double battles, attacks that hit more than one Pokemon (e.g. Surf) aren't as powerful as when they are used in single battles.

Is that the case? o.O

this is only a guess, but i think it evenly divides the power of the attack among the targets, and performs a separate calculation for each

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

Hacking the game, yes, but it does not necessarily mean that any related Pokemon are hacked.

Is that the case? o.O

I doubt it. In my experience, Earthquake seemed to always hit for the same damage in both Single Battles and Double Battles, so I would think that it would be the same for other such attacks.

Years

Is that the case? o.O

Yes it is. The Base power of the Attack is divided between all the Pokemon on the field that will take damage. Then depending on the Pokemon it hits, it will calculate the damage.

Example: Rock Slide would be divided by 2 since it will be hitting two targets.

75 / 2 = 37.5

You round that up to 38

So respectively it will be dealing 38 BASE damage to each Pokemon.

That is why it is recommended to only use moves like this on Pokemon that are weak against them or if you Attack/Sp. Attack has been raised.

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    Is it good to get your pokemon to lv95 first before starting to EV train them? all of my pokemon are at 95 and i forgot to EV them!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    You can EV train at any level. It doesn't matter when you begin, as the final results will be the same. A good level to start is 15+ (which means a pokemon could defend itself and battle for its own EVs).

Since your pokemon are at level 95, you can still EV train them; however, if you've battled with them up to that point, you'll have to remove their current EVs. Use berries such as Pomeg, Grepa, etc. to reduce their EVs.

If you used Rare Candy or the Day Care to bump them to 95, you can EV train as normal.

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    alright thanks. i used a mix of Candies and daycare to help me. THANKS A BUNCH!! once i EV them to 100 i will have a stacked team...THANKS!

majin_strach

Master of Biltong
    Years
    Feeble-bass

serious....i have spent like 7 hours on two days now hunting the little smackhead...and im fed up, i read the guide, to no avail....i FFF'd till im blue in the face,,,like right now...anyone got any hints for someone with short attention span....i always forget how many times i fff each tile....i gt 30 mins till they change again...any help much appreciated

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    f the tile technique does not work for you get one in a trade and breed it.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    serious....i have spent like 7 hours on two days now hunting the little smackhead...and im fed up, i read the guide, to no avail....i FFF'd till im blue in the face,,,like right now...anyone got any hints for someone with short attention span....i always forget how many times i fff each tile....i gt 30 mins till they change again...any help much appreciated

I have never had a serious try to getting Feebas. Well until the other day. I FFF'd it for approx one hour. Then went to sleep, and when I woke up I found it after half an hour.

So just keep trying.

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Actually finding a Feebas depends quite a bit on luck and patience. If you don't find one before the tiles change, then you can either start over tomorrow (or any other day) and hope to get it that time, or give up. If you're having trouble remembering how many times you FFF, then write it down to help you keep track. Just add a mark for each time you find something fishing, and a different mark every time you move forward (or something similar). Also, remember, it can take HOURS to find one, so if you don't have the patience for it, you can trade for one. There are plenty of people here that can breed Feebas, and I'm sure you can find someone to help you out. If you really want to catch your own, then just be patient and keep trying. You can't really make the process any faster, its all luck. Either way, good luck getting yourself a Feebas, and sorry I can't offer you better advice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back