• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Actually, 256 steps raises your Pokemon's happiness value by one, and with Soothe Bell equipped, two.
    And you don't notice it because your Pokemon's full happiness is 255.
    Also, Pokemon in its egg don't raise/lower their happiness yet, and will only do so when hatched.

Really? I had a sooth bell on and everything. Meh, I'll take your word for it, I just know vitamins and berries are a quicker option.

I can't find Regigigas (sp?), is there a map of the cave, leading to where he is?

Are you stuck finding him in the temple, or stuck finding the temple itself?

If it's option A, then after obtaining the national dex head up to the far north of snowpoint city with the three regis in your party, the woman will let you in

As for the temple itself, it's pretty self-explanatory iir. Checking www.gamefaqs.com is your best bet for a detailed walkthrough :)

firedude750

currently EV training meganium
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    question

is it possible to get more than one Dawn Stone without hacking,cheating, or Wi-Fi?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Yes, you can clone a Pokemon holding them using the GTS cloning method, google it

You have to use Wi-Fi to get onto GTS.

There is a rumor about being able to turn off your game at an exact time while trading with another D/P version. Of course I don't know if it's true or not.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    This should go in the Sticky above

-Merged-

Anyways, you could also have a Pokemon with the Pickup Ability that is Level 51 or above. You have a chance at a Dawn stone by that.

firedude750

currently EV training meganium
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2009
    i have WI-FI, i just wanted to know if there was a way to do it without trading with someone or something

another question: what does STAB stand for/mean?

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Classic got the other one.

I don't really know what STAB stands for, but it means having the same type move as the Pokemon (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Same Type Attack Boost / Bonus

Basically it's when you use a move that has the same type as the attacking Pokemon. The Power gets multiplied by 1.5. So if Gliscor used Aerial Ace, it would be 90 base Power instead of 60.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Is there a way to change your name in this game?

Your player name? No.
    Your Pokémon's name? Yes - the name rater is in the bottom floor of the tall building next to the Poké Mart, in Eterna City.

If you want to change your player name, then you're going to have to start a new save file :P

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I just got diamond and was wondering what to look froward too, my question is how many regions can you get to in this game without using cheats?

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    I need to know where to get the move strength because I am a new player to the game and dont know where to obtain this move

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • The information can be found in the DP FAQ next time you need to know more info.

Pokecommunity said:
    HM04, Strength is found on the top floor of the tower just outside of Solaceon.

More specifically, the tower below Solaceon.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Is there a difference beetween the tru darkrai and nintendo world darkrai, or is it there just obtained at different locations

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back