• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    Here is a question for you.
    I have two Smeargles.
    They are Belly Drum/Substitute/Salac Baton Passers.
    "A" has 314HP the other, "B" has 313HP.

"A" uses Belly Drum, HP Cut in half.
    314HP goes to 157HP
    "A" uses Substitute, HP 1/4'd from Max.
    157HP goes to 78.50HP
    "A" s Salac Berry does not activate.

"B" uses Belly Drum, HP Cut in half.
    313HP goes to 156.5
    "B" uses Substitute, HP 1/4'd from Max
    156.5HP goes to 78.25HP
    "B"s Salac Berry activates.

Is "B" correct?
    With this Smeargle I can pass Max ATK, a Substitute, and some speed points.
    YAY!

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    UMM......... HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THE BATTLE TOWER COZ I PLAYED LIKE 1-3 TIMES THEN I LOOKED A RECORD THING IT SAID I GOT 13 OR 14 STREAK..... HOWS THAT HAPPEN AND HOW DO YOU KEEP BATTLING TO MAKE HIGHER?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    UMM......... HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THE BATTLE TOWER COZ I PLAYED LIKE 1-3 TIMES THEN I LOOKED A RECORD THING IT SAID I GOT 13 OR 14 STREAK..... HOWS THAT HAPPEN AND HOW DO YOU KEEP BATTLING TO MAKE HIGHER?

You fight in 7 battles each time you go in, and if you beat them all, those seven are added to your current winning streak. If you fail the challenge, then however many battles you won are still added to your current streak, but then that streak ends and you have to start over. So, to keep increasing your record, you just have to keep winning.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's a question:

If I use an AR to get an item, the pokemon that I get using said item, will the pokemon be legit or hacked? Since I didn't hack the pokemon, but I hacked the item to get it. Which is it? O_o

If you're talking about the Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, or Member Pass, then the Pokemon would still be hacked under PC's rules, yes.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Here's a question:

If I use an AR to get an item, the pokemon that I get using said item, will the pokemon be legit or hacked? Since I didn't hack the pokemon, but I hacked the item to get it. Which is it? O_o

What do you mean? If you mean like hacking an evolution item (hacking a Fire Stone to get Arcanine, hacking a Razor Claw to get Weavile, or hacking an Up-Grade to get Porygon2), the Pokemon would be considered legit (so long as the Pokemon originally was legit, of course).

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    It's all about your interpretation of legit.
    If I were to hack a Pokémon with completely normal stats, would it be legit? Some people might say it was, but others wouldn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back