• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Movie Shaymin

lv 50 (UT)

Aug. 4th 2008

Careful neture

fateful encounter at lv 50

alert to sounds - likes bitter food

STATS - hp 160 attack 106 defense 107 sp. attack 101 sp. defense 123 speed 120

moves - seed flare, aromatherapy, substitute, energy ball

Classic Ribbon - says "A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon"

Everything checks out OK. The IV's don't exceed 31 and everything that should be with it is. You don't mention if it comes in a Cherish Ball or not. If not, it is hacked.

Here's the IV spread if you're interested
    HP: 0
    Attack: 2
    Def: 4
    SAttack: 16
    SDef: 14
    Spd: 30

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
    Everything checks out OK. The IV's don't exceed 31 and everything that should be with it is. You don't mention if it comes in a Cherish Ball or not. If not, it is hacked.

Here's the IV spread if you're interested
    HP: 0
    Attack: 2
    Def: 4
    SAttack: 16
    SDef: 14
    Spd: 30

yeah it's in a Cherish Ball. But the Classic Ribbon discription seems a tad suspicious. (I've seen it on hacks before.) Are u sure it's legit?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Yeah i'm sure. The message on the Classic Ribbon changes every few days. From "Obtained in an Unknown Location" to "Proclaims Love for a Pokemon".

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
    I have a question: Is it true that if you insert a GBA Pokemon game into your DS with your D/P game, that it will unlock new pokemon to catch that were otherwise impossible to? Does each of the 3 GBA games unlock different Pokemons or it doesn't matter which one?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    What's the difference of Focus Band and Focus Sash?

Focus Sash - a one time use item that is guaranteed to work so long as your pokemon started at full HP and the move would otherwise KO you

Focus Band - only has a 20% chance of activating, however it is not a one time use item and can be activated at any time a move hits (even if it's not going to KO)

I have a question: Is it true that if you insert a GBA Pokemon game into your DS with your D/P game, that it will unlock new pokemon to catch that were otherwise impossible to? Does each of the 3 GBA games unlock different Pokemons or it doesn't matter which one?

All 5 Games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, Fire Red) add new pokemon, and the pokemon vary based on which game you have inserted

Here is a list of the pokemon that appear with each game

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm sure this can answer your question:
    https://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/gbapokemon.shtml

Focus Sash - a one time use item that is guaranteed to work so long as your pokemon started at full HP and the move would otherwise KO you

Focus Band - only has a 20% chance of activating, however it is not a one time use item and can be activated at any time a move hits (even if it's not going to KO)

All 3 Games add new pokemon, and the pokemon vary based on which game you have inserted

Here is a list of the pokemon that appear with each game
    Thanks, so which of the item is most used. I can decide which one is better, while the Sash is one time use, the Band can be use many times but only 20% activation...

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    The problem Sashers have (that is pokemon with Focus Sash attached) is that Sandstorm etc basically neutralize it. Hippowdon and Tyranitar leads are rather common so Focus Sash is pretty screwed in the standard metagame, however that doesn't mean its completely unusable

Years
    Sceptile usually has better things to do, but it can work for Infernape Leads. Also, If you do have an opposing TTar lead, then it will most likely give you a turn to set up anyway, as it will switch out, predicting a CC.

To be honest, it is more useful on Rock/Steel/Ground Pokemon that is immune to the ever-present Sandstorm. Hail is less of an issue. It is also smashed by Stealth Rock and Spikes, so keep a spinner if that pokemon is not a lead.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    REALLY ARE YOU 100% SURE:\...... COZ MY FRIEND'S GAME HAS BEEN DELETED COS OF THAT GTS CLONE THING....

GTS cloning is not dangerous at all, it cannot delete save files. Your friend probably saw the "Save file corruped" sign (Which is meant to appear) and panicked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back