• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Finding munchlax

Okay I read on some walkthrough that it can only be attained by placing honey on the tree in front of valley windworks. Is this true???????? And i have on;y one type pf burmy trash never get any others, whats up with that????

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Okay I read on some walkthrough that it can only be attained by placing honey on the tree in front of valley windworks. Is this true???????? And i have on;y one type pf burmy trash never get any others, whats up with that????

No, finding Munchlax only at Valley Windworks is false. They can be found on any tree in Sinnoh. I found mine in the tree above Solaceon :).

And Burmy changes it's forme based on where you battle it.
    Burmy=Grass when battling in a grassy terrain.
    Burmy=Ground when battling in a sandy terrain.
    Burmy=Steel when battling in a city terrain.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • beat the elite 4 then fly to snowpoint and take the boat to the fight area of the battle zone, then go up and do the stark mountain event then just head south through the sandstormy area to get to the resort area. from there yu can surf west back to the fight area

Years
  • Well, I only have to see Azelf, and Uxie, which I should catch then, and the 150th Pokemon, which should be Manaphy right? But where do I catch Manaphy?

Years
  • I just bred some pokemon, but the eggs that hatched know a move they shouldnt learn till level 17 and a TM. I don't really know much about egg moves, but is that right coz none of the moves are listed as egg moves.

True Justice

Years
  • I just bred some pokemon, but the eggs that hatched know a move they shouldnt learn till level 17 and a TM. I don't really know much about egg moves, but is that right coz none of the moves are listed as egg moves.

I know TM's are always passed down to Eggs. But i'm not 100% sure about the LV. 17 move. Could you post what Pokemon it is?

Years
  • Sure it's an Absol. The moves it has are Flase Swipe, Thunder, Quick Attack and Razor Wind. I'm sure it doesnt learn Razor Wind till level 17, unless I'm just looking in the wrong place for egg moves.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Well, I only have to see Azelf, and Uxie, which I should catch then, and the 150th Pokemon, which should be Manaphy right? But where do I catch Manaphy?

In Diamond and Pearl you do not have to see Manaphy to complete the sinnoh or National dex, and he's actuallyt the 151st in the sinnoh dex.

151: Manaphy
    150: Palkia (seen in old woman in celestics house in diamond)
    149: Dialga (seen in old woman in celestic's house in pearl)
    148: Azelf
    147: Mesprit
    146: Uxie
    145: weavile

here;s what the finals of the sinnoh dex look like.

@Tigger, did the other parent have the move razor wind in its roster of moves? If a move is known by both parents it has a 99.9% of passing on in the lineage (if the baby can learn it)

Years
  • Oh ok that makes sense, both its parents were absols and both knew it. Thanks a lot guys, I was worrying there for a while. Oh well now i know a little bit more about breeding xxxxxxxx

Years
  • but you can't see Palkia in Diamond can you, that's what I'm saying, I have to see another Pokemon to complete the Pokedex and show it to Rowan, and then he gives me something. Help...!!!

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
  • but you can't see Palkia in Diamond can you, that's what I'm saying, I have to see another Pokemon to complete the Pokedex and show it to Rowan, and then he gives me something. Help...!!!

Like it has been said before, go to old woman in Celestic. She has a picture of Palkia, thus registering it in your dex. (And has a picture of Dialga in Pearl) Cool off, you can find it. ;D

If you're missing something, tell us what the blank entry is inbetween, like what Pokémon come before and after it, and we'll assist you.

Years
  • Thank you all, it worked, thanks again. Wiiiii.

Next question: how do you access th Pal Park, I mean I get into the building, talk to Oak, he leaves, and then I talk to the Worker but he says that I should catch some more Pokemon, and make migrations from Kanto and Johto. What should I do now?

Last edited:

True Justice

Years
  • Thank you all, it worked, thanks again. Wiiiii.

Next question: how do you access th Pal Park, I mean I get into the building, talk to Oak, he leaves, and then I talk to the Worker but he says that I should catch some more Pokemon, and make migrations from Kanto and Johto. What should I do now?

Insert a FireRed/ LeafGreen/ Ruby/ Sapphire/ or Emerald cartridge into the second slot of the DS. When you go to the main screen, you should see the option "Migrate from ...". Then it will allow to pick 6 Pokemon to transfer. Then you can catch them in the Pal Park. And you can only do this once a day.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Insert a FireRed/ LeafGreen/ Ruby/ Sapphire/ or Emerald cartridge into the second slot of the DS. When you go to the main screen, you should see the option "Migrate from ...". Then it will allow to pick 6 Pokemon to transfer. Then you can catch them in the Pal Park. And you can only do this once a day.

And make sure your DS is turned off before you do this. I know that may be a little obvious, but some people don't remember that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back