• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie plot in OR/AS?

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    If you look at the corocoro leaks we got, Mega Diancie was revealed with the batch of OR/AS news. Corocoro also revealed that Steven is after the secret Mega Evolution. Now in the upcoming movie Diancie is trying to awaken a "secret power", which is likely to be its mega evolution. This may be a stretch but what if Diancie is the original mega evolution and Diancie's gems are the same material the Ainstar Sundial is made of. What if in OR/AS in the post game Steven discovered Diancie to be the cause of Mega Evolution? This would be where you would get the Diancieite. This may not be the exact reason, but Diancie is likely going to appear in OR/AS, as with its reveal in corocoro and all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If you look at the corocoro leaks we got, Mega Diancie was revealed with the batch of OR/AS news. Corocoro also revealed that Steven is after the secret Mega Evolution. Now in the upcoming movie Diancie is trying to awaken a "secret power", which is likely to be its mega evolution. This may be a stretch but what if Diancie is the original mega evolution and Diancie's gems are the same material the Ainstar Sundial is made of. What if in OR/AS in the post game Steven discovered Diancie to be the cause of Mega Evolution? This would be where you would get the Diancieite. This may not be the exact reason, but Diancie is likely going to appear in OR/AS, as with its reveal in corocoro and all.

That theory is possible.

Another thing that could happen is that Steven is one of the many who is said to be after Diancie due to it's rarity (come on it's like an organic version of the most rarest of rare diamonds, how would the world's biggest stone collector not want that). However we beat him to it. Or maybe Steven will give us the Mega stone if we're given Diancie.

I would like for an underground kingdom similar to the movie's where we find Diancie with the help of Steven.

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    That theory is possible.

Another thing that could happen is that Steven is one of the many who is said to be after Diancie due to it's rarity (come on it's like an organic version of the most rarest of rare diamonds, how would the world's biggest stone collector not want that). However we beat him to it. Or maybe Steven will give us the Mega stone if we're given Diancie.

I would like for an underground kingdom similar to the movie's where we find Diancie with the help of Steven.

Maybe it could be on an island of hoenn.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I doubt they would include it into the story itself. They probably needed to stick the news somewhere since they may plan on releasing a patch on X/Y that includes Mega Diancie?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Steven is the leader of his own villainous gang out searching for Diancie. He was alone in Meteor Falls hunting for Diancie and he battled you as a cover up. But this time as the post-game plot, once you battle you realize what he's doing or maybe he's already found Diancie and reveals himself as the hunter, etc. etc.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Yeah, it'll be almost like diving in a deep water spot, except on land instead of going underwater.

Underneath Sootopolis city, there can be a hidden cavern, in which you can find a Diancie, or maybe this cavern is only unlocked by having a certain pokemon, much like the Regis in Emerald, where you need Wailord. And you need that Pokemon and maybe even a special event item.

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    Steven is the leader of his own villainous gang out searching for Diancie. He was alone in Meteor Falls hunting for Diancie and he battled you as a cover up. But this time as the post-game plot, once you battle you realize what he's doing or maybe he's already found Diancie and reveals himself as the hunter, etc. etc.
    This actually makes alot of sense. I mean why else would Steven seclude himself into Meteor Falls? Just to hang out there?

Years
  • This actually makes alot of sense. I mean why else would Steven seclude himself into Meteor Falls? Just to hang out there?

I think Antemortem wasn't being serious...at least I hope not lol.

He was most likely looking at the meteor stones around the area. I think that Meteor fall would fit a Pokemon like Jiranchi, Deoxys, or even Kyurem (or Reshiram) better.

Last edited:

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    I think Antemortem was being serious...at least I hope not lol.

He was most likely looking at the meteor stones around the area. I think that Meteor fall would fit a Pokemon like Jiranchi, Deoxys, or even Kyurem (or Reshiram) better.
    Jirachi or Deoxys would fit better around the space center, maybe a purpose for the white rock? Anyways this is a different topic.

Years
  • Diancie is a Rock type Pokemon, which Steven obviously affiliates with considering his last name is 'Stone' and he has an affection for minerals. Fairies are a new type recently discovered in Kalos, and being an intelligent individual, Steven wishes to find Diancie and research its Mega evolution and capabilities. That's one of the main connections I can make just off the top of my head, but I can't wait to find out her significance in Hoenn. o:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I wasn't being serious about Steven having his own evil syndicate but searching Meteor Falls for Diancie could be a plot point original to ORAS. Obviously that's not what he was doing in Emerald since Diancie didn't exist back then (or maybe the idea did but the Pokemon, nah) but that's all I can think of when it comes to Diancie's inclusion in this game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Not sure why they would include anything Diancie over the other neglected Hoenn legendaries, and why they wouldn't do anything with her in Kalos. The most I can see with her is maybe someone gives you the Diancieite, or the event is distributed to ORAS, so you have to trade it to XY.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    That theory is possible.

If I remember correctly, within X and Y, someone tells you that Mega Stones used to be regular evolutionary stones that were changed by Xerneas's power.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What if the reason for Steven being in the hidden room in Meteor Falls back in Emerald is because he is trying to find Diancie and her megastone? What if in postgame he goes there and actually finds her after you battle him and possibly you can get a chance to capture Diancie and her megastone?

.Wooper

juiceboxconor
    Years
  • I think that Diancie will be tied in with Steven in the OR/AS plot. I'd say Steven is searching for Diancie/the mega stone/both and that Diancie will be available to capture in the storyline. It might give Steven a bigger role in the game if he isn't champion or even if he is..

Years
  • I think that Diancie will be tied in with Steven in the OR/AS plot. I'd say Steven is searching for Diancie/the mega stone/both and that Diancie will be available to capture in the storyline. It might give Steven a bigger role in the game if he isn't champion or even if he is..

I think he will be considering they're following RS when it comes to exclusive teams, might as well keep the champion the same too to kept the main story similar to RS for the most part.

Yeah, he didn't have a large role in RS either. I would say that after Diantha, and Wallace (who only appears in Origin Cave...) he has the least role in the story. Hmm...well he and Diantha could be considered a tie, since even though we saw Diantha more than we did Steven (in RS) she didn't play a role in the final battle unlike Steven.

Does anyone think Diantha and Diancie may be connected? They have similar names also Diantha has a Mega Stone. Maybe she'll cameo alongside Steven and help us find the Kalos legend.

.Wooper

juiceboxconor
    Years
  • I think he will be considering they're following RS when it comes to exclusive teams, might as well keep the champion the same too to kept the main story similar to RS for the most part.

Yeah, he didn't have a large role in RS either. I would say that after Diantha, and Wallace (who only appears in Origin Cave...) he has the least role in the story. Hmm...well he and Diantha could be considered a tie, since even though we saw Diantha more than we did Steven (in RS) she didn't play a role in the final battle unlike Steven.

Does anyone think Diantha and Diancie may be connected? They have similar names also Diantha has a Mega Stone. Maybe she'll cameo alongside Steven and help us find the Kalos legend.

I think that Diantha may have something to do with Diancie but if Diantha did have some part to play in the storyline and we consider that ORAS occur along the same timeline as RS it may cause some continuity errors; but that's just a guess..

Years
  • I think that Diantha may have something to do with Diancie but if Diantha did have some part to play in the storyline and we consider that ORAS occur along the same timeline as RS it may cause some continuity errors; but that's just a guess..

Diantha gave me the impression she was knowledgeable about Mega evolution, at least more so than Sycamore. We were never told how she got her Mega item either. Did she get it like the player? Is she related to the Guru like Korrina? Did she find it? I think that having her in these games will allow her to become fleshed out. Maybe she'll be a young adult or in her late teens.

I think that they could make the event longer than the Arceus and Lati events in HgSs. Maybe like the Celebi event in HgSs, except we'll be able to control the player.

Back