• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie plot in OR/AS?

.Wooper

juiceboxconor
Years
  • Diantha gave me the impression she was knowledgeable about Mega evolution, at least more so than Sycamore. We were never told how she got her Mega item either. Did she get it like the player? Is she related to the Guru like Korrina? Did she find it? I think that having her in these games will allow her to become fleshed out. Maybe she'll be a young adult or in her late teens.

I think that they could make the event longer than the Arceus and Lati events in HgSs. Maybe like the Celebi event in HgSs, except we'll be able to control the player.

Yeah that sounds highly possible I think you're right about Diantha being younger in ORAS.

It'd be cool if Steven and Diantha were related somehow or even partners..what with them both being knowledgeable about stones and having an interest in them, I think that might be possible.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe there will be a Diancie event for X/Y and then you trade the Diancie over to OR/AS and it unlocks a secret event, which would be where you get Diancie's mega stone.

They may go that route. I hope that it takes place underground in a place that involves puzzles and one could easily get lost.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • They may go that route. I hope that it takes place underground in a place that involves puzzles and one could easily get lost.

Because of Carbink's origin and whatnot? That would probably make sense, though Diancie itself doesn't seem like the kind of Pokemon that might be tucked away underground. Sure it's loosely based off coal (from Carbink) or whatever, but given its appearance. Then again, maybe it's that "coal that became diamond."

Years
  • Maybe there will be a Diancie event for X/Y and then you trade the Diancie over to OR/AS and it unlocks a secret event, which would be where you get Diancie's mega stone.

Seems plausible to me. At least, as long as Diancie doesn't have any relevance to the revamped plot in ORAS, this is most likely what they'll do to incorporate its Mega into the games. Otherwise, it'll look rather out of place. Could be hidden deep in a cave of Hoenn, so far that one must find specific tools only available in the post-game to travel further.

Years
  • Diancie won't likely have anything to do with the Plot. Just like MegaMewtwos didn't.
    I'm really hoping That Volcanion and Hoopa get Megas to. Hoopa needs that type change and Volcanion seems to be missing some speed stats.

Also,I see discussion as to Diance being a Pokemon that must be transferred to ORAS. I dont think it will be a transfer only Pokemon, but it could happen. Dianice will likely be able to be caught in The Hoenn Region. I say his because They coupd have made Pokemon that were not available in Kalos, into Megas, but they didn't.

Years
  • Because of Carbink's origin and whatnot? That would probably make sense, though Diancie itself doesn't seem like the kind of Pokemon that might be tucked away underground. Sure it's loosely based off coal (from Carbink) or whatever, but given its appearance. Then again, maybe it's that "coal that became diamond."

Actually I got the idea due to the movie taking place in an underground kingdom :P. Also gems as valuable as Diamonds take years forming under the heat of magma (Groudon!).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • What if Diancie is some sort of Diantha Carbink fusion that was sent back in time of ORAS. Would explain why we didn't see Diancie in XY because IT HASNT HAPPENED YET.

Just mere speculation but still a worthy note to ponder on.

Years
  • Diancie has been confirmed to be a mutation of Carbink for awhile so the fusion thing is beyond buried (no pun intended).
    Maybe there'll be a special Carbink that will evolve (aka Mutate) under certain conditions that are once in a game, into Diancie.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I could really see Diancie being closely linked to the origins of Mega Evolution... she already became a good to those flop Carbink on her own...

Years
  • I don't know about anyone else, but I was expecting to see Diancie in the trailer for ORAS released at E3. Such a spontaneous addition to the Mega evolutions list, and we still don't know the story behind it. What does make me think it'll be explained soon is the part at the beginning when Primal Groudon and Kyogre are shown in ancient times. The fact that they decided to at least have something in the trailer representing devolution makes me think Diancie will be linked to it in the future.

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    The new trailer confirms Diancieite will be received somehow in OR/AS

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I like the theory, that you brought up, that a Diancie traveling throughout regions is what allows for mega evolution to take place in regions that lack a Sundial. The reason why I'm not fully convinced: if a trainer were to capture Diancie, could it still be the cause of mega evolution while tucked away in a pokeball? In contrast, most legendaries aren't actively affecting the world.

Salzorrah

Years
  • What if receiving Diancie is a requirement to actually find the megastones in the overworld?

I mean, we had that prerequisite in XY with Anistar City's Sundial, but we don't have that in Hoenn.

Years
  • If they make catching Diancie a challenge, that would be a great way to activate Mega stones in Hoenn. I felt like the Anistar sundial thing was almost too easy for such a huge feature in Pokemon. Maybe I just like having to overcome difficult obstacles more than the average gamer, but I was looking for something on that front that X and Y didn't fulfill. Maybe ORAS will!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think so. They seem to like keeping their pixie legendaries event-exclusive, and since Diancie isn't a Hoenn native I can't see it appearing in Hoenn (and obviously not Kalos) without an event. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Diancie will be an event for Kalos/XY and not ORAS, since the trailer said "Diancieite available in ORAS" or something along those lines, but nothing of the actual Pokemon. I mean, why would they put a Kalos legendary in a Hoenn game?

Years
  • I don't think so. They seem to like keeping their pixie legendaries event-exclusive, and since Diancie isn't a Hoenn native I can't see it appearing in Hoenn (and obviously not Kalos) without an event. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Diancie will be an event for Kalos/XY and not ORAS, since the trailer said "Diancieite available in ORAS" or something along those lines, but nothing of the actual Pokemon. I mean, why would they put a Kalos legendary in a Hoenn game?

The words irc were "Mega Diancie available in ORAS" which I do think they means the Diancite (or however it's spelled or called). Especially since the official site mentions the Diancie event is for XY, and that more info on how to get it's Mega in ORAS will come out later.
    Of course that sounds like it could have an in game event for it's Mega Stone. Maybe Steven or his father gives us the stone when showing them the rarest organic crystal Pokemon in the world.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The trailer said this for Dinacie.

"Mega Stone Obtained in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire."

So I do not think we will catch it in game. I think it is the XY Diancie and we will have to send it to ORAS. There will probably be a side quest with Diancie once we send it over.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What ever involvement Diancie would be in, it'll require a real world wifi event to unlock it since she's an Event Legend. All in all if she's available in ORAS (really doubt it), we'll get some kinda token to go to the area to capture her like Victini.

We'll probably just get a free wifi download with her holding her Mega Stone just for ORAS to circumvent this possibility however.

Salzorrah

Years
  • It was confirmed in the official mini site that Diancie will be available to XY and the mega stone to ORAS. I'm pretty sure you need to transfer Diancie to ORAS. Maybe this can clear the things on why Mega Evolution appears in Hoenn, despite that the timeline happens in the past.

Back