• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Diancie plot in OR/AS?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • What ever involvement Diancie would be in, it'll require a real world wifi event to unlock it since she's an Event Legend. All in all if she's available in ORAS (really doubt it), we'll get some kinda token to go to the area to capture her like Victini.

We'll probably just get a free wifi download with her holding her Mega Stone just for ORAS to circumvent this possibility however.
    It's already confirmed that she'll be available in XY and we'll need to transfer her to ORAS to get her Mega stone (from the official site).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's already confirmed that she'll be available in XY and we'll need to transfer her to ORAS to get her Mega stone (from the official site).

Probably a repeat of Steven's appearance in HG/SS then. He just talks to you and gives you the stone.

These things are never that big and if the event for Diancie isn't going to be in ORAS specifically, just getting her stone, it'll just be a free hand out for having her.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I have a feeling that carbink and Diance will be involved heavilly in AROS. I also have a feeling that Volcanion and Hoopa will get megas or will be event excluse game pokemon.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I have a feeling that carbink and Diance will be involved heavilly in AROS. I also have a feeling that Volcanion and Hoopa will get megas or will be event excluse game pokemon.

But if Volcanion and Hoopa is event exclusive, why are they in the game code of XY so early? They could just make a patch like they will mostly do to Mega Diancie.

Years
  • But if Volcanion and Hoopa is event exclusive, why are they in the game code of XY so early? They could just make a patch like they will mostly do to Mega Diancie.

Deoxys was in the game code for RS even though it's first event irc was for FrLg. Also Mega Lati@s were in the game code of XY too even though chances are they'll be properly introduced in ORAS instead of XY.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Wow, now this makes me think that all 3 of those hidden legendaries are probably RS related. Volcanion sure makes sense.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I just hope we get the Diancie Event in here and that's not only for Japan.

Event Pokemon are released world wide through Wifi. They'll be Wifi distributions at some point in the current Generation's life time. They may not even release Volcannion or Hoopa until the "3rd" version appears. As far as the "Event" is concerned it's a high chance of being a Wifi gift.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I'm really seeing Diancie being released the same time ORAS releases like the event Torchic in XY. I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of storyline event in XY and transfer it to ORAS to get the second half?

Years
  • I'm really seeing Diancie being released the same time ORAS releases like the event Torchic in XY. I'm pretty sure there would be some kind of storyline event in XY and transfer it to ORAS to get the second half?

I wonder if the Diancie event will be post-game. It's possible that they'll restrict trade between ORAS and XY until the national dex like they did between the original RS and FrLg (the first ever remakes).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think they will somehow try to connect Hoenn to Kalos through this. If you look closely, the pink of Diancie's gems is the same color as the sundial in Anistar City. The golden "ring" it has (that multiplies when it Mega Evolves) is also apparent on the sundial.

Spoiler:

I would say a Diancie event could be patched into XY, but the official video clearly said that its Mega Stone would be available in ORAS, not XY. So there's really no reason to include an event in XY. "Oh, that's a Diancie! Take it to Hoenn to see it Mega Evolve, because we can't do it here." The only thing I can think of is if they add an event in XY that activates when you trade the Mega Stone into XY, but I'm certain something like that would be revealed before the release of ORAS to give XY owners more of an incentive to buy them.

I vaguely remember a few extra cave entrances on the official ORAS Hoenn map (including an extra entrance to Granite Cave), so perhaps one of those places could contain remnants of a similar sundial-like stone, like a vein of those jewels? Maybe there could be wild Carbink in that room and that room alone. Or maybe it could just be in a cave "out in the open," or in one of the many clouded areas on the map (imagine how cool an epic sundial would be on top of the Sky Pillar--that could tie in with a Primal Rayquaza subplot of some sort, too).

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
  • I don't know, I'm kinda following on you on that one, Rivvon. I think Diancie will be concerned in a time shenanigan event. We don't know how exactly but I'm pretty sure Diancie is the key as to why these new retcons (ala Fairy Type, Mega Evolution) appears in Hoenn.

NateSenpai

Azumarill Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    I don't know, I'm kinda following on you on that one, Rivvon. I think Diancie will be concerned in a time shenanigan event. We don't know how exactly but I'm pretty sure Diancie is the key as to why these new retcons (ala Fairy Type, Mega Evolution) appears in Hoenn.

Well Steel and dark type were in FR/LG.

Years
  • I don't know, I'm kinda following on you on that one, Rivvon. I think Diancie will be concerned in a time shenanigan event. We don't know how exactly but I'm pretty sure Diancie is the key as to why these new retcons (ala Fairy Type, Mega Evolution) appears in Hoenn.

They may not actually be retcons in terms of time line. They said that the Fairy type and Mega Evolution were discovered in Kalos recently. However, I noticed that Rayquaza's Y dex entry says it wasn't seen until recently (RSEORAS). Here are the exact words: "It flies in the ozone layer, way up high in the sky. Until recently, no one had ever seen it."
    So 'recently' apparently means back to Gen I= Gen III in the timeline xD.

I think that a Diancite event could happen in Granite cave. Or perhaps Mr. Stone will give it to us. Or Steven post game at his house or Meteor Falls or some other location.

Years
  • I like the idea of Diancie's Mega Stone being found in Granite Cave, it wasn't relatively significant except for Steven's appearance in it early on, so this would possible symbolize the unveiling of true potential for the cave. I really would like to see them go wild with the graphics, maybe create a cut scene with Diancie and Steven. Would be nice! n__n

Salzorrah

Years
  • I would say put it in Meteor Falls but it seems Granite Cave is a noticable place. After the Steven event, you don't really go there anymore once you defeated Brawly... And it kinda fits the theme that the stone involved with Diancie is a naturally produced stone? I still think it would be best fit in Meteor Falls. You don't really explore much of the cave tbh in the storyline, unlike Granite Cave.

Years
  • I would say put it in Meteor Falls but it seems Granite Cave is a noticable place. After the Steven event, you don't really go there anymore once you defeated Brawly... And it kinda fits the theme that the stone involved with Diancie is a naturally produced stone? I still think it would be best fit in Meteor Falls. You don't really explore much of the cave tbh in the storyline, unlike Granite Cave.

Meteor Falls would fit the native Hoenn event legends best seeing how they have connections to comets and meteors compared to Diancie who is a crystal/stone. Interestingly Granite Cave's Japanese name translates into Stone Cave (how punny when you consider Steven's last name...). Diancite can be in "Steven's Room" in the cave or possibly in B2, or a new underground floor since Diamonds are found underground.

Years
  • Referring to the earlier theory that meteor falls could hold the Diancie mega stone I completely agree. Hoenn has so many potential areas that could house legendary Pokemon, meteor falls is perfect for Jirachi and Deoxys however those will most likely be event pokemon so the it seems that the Diancie mega stone is a perfect fit for the meteor falls. Realistically there is no other place for it to be, as I believe it will be an item received after you beat the game it may be in the section Steven is in the final battle, I feel Granite Cave is too close to the start of the game and perhaps Altering Cave could house it (if it makes a return) but it doesn't seem likely as that place is made for a different purpose. Of course as people have mentioned it could be in an entirely new area, there are several islands shown on the new Hoenn map and of course there are several islands visible but not accessible in the original games so it could be anywhere!

Back