• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diaries of a Legend

Blizzard

The Quiet Winds of the Winter
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    *Okay, I'm trying again. I did this story a LONG time ago, updated grammar and spelling, and... well, I hope it's okay with you!

Prologue: Magma Plasma Shock

Day One

Dear Journal,

Let me introduce myself. I am Lance Alaite, but currently I'm better known as Plasma. That's because I'm... about 80% Jolteon, due in part to a home experiment gone wrong. I was testing out my Transport Device to be used for quick travel from town to town. I had it to a point where I believed it would make any transfer faster than a blazing Latios. I had set the control panel to transport me between the two pods I had set up in the basement laboratory, tucked into my cozy abode in Littleroot.

However, Team Magma had decided to raid my basement at that exact moment, mistakenly believing, on an anonymous tip received by their boss, that I had a crucial formula, one that could possibly destroy the world when in the wrong hands. Of course, that being true, little doubt hangs on whether they took on the little "project."

Well, that being the case, I heard my door bust open when a Magma grunt shot through it with a machine gun. As I stood there in utter lack of comprehension, another grunt grabbed me and slammed me into one of the transporter's pod. Unfortunately, my Jolteon (which was named Plasma) was sitting in the other pod with the door closed, entirely unaware of what was going on. I'm not sure, but, judging from my view of the pod's window, a third Magma grunt was pressing the buttons on the control panel, and unwittingly touched the transport button, causing my untested device to power up.

Beh, I don't remember much of my walking out of the pod, except that I felt strange. I almost felt like I had four legs. No, my brain told me, you're still upright. That's nonsense. As I looked down at my legs, I shuddered and broke out in a tearful scream. Team Magma's ruined me! I lamented, wiping my eyes softly. I noticed that... well, I looked like a Jolteon morph from the waist up, and a quadruped Jolteon from the waist down.

Journal, I'm not sure you believe me, but it's the truth. I'm writing into your pages with statically-furry hands. Right now I'm getting used to my lower body and the fact that I don't seem to need a chair anymore. I could save money on furniture like this...

As for my 16th birthday tomorrow? Well, I'm not sure who's going to be more surprised if they're planning a surprise party. What if I freak out? Will I cause a power outage? So many questions, Journal... and not enough time to answer them all. Well, it's getting late, Journal... dear me, it's 9:35 already.​

Signed,
    Lance "Plasma" Alaite

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    So far, it's looking good. You did well for a fanfic written in a journal-like way. Good enough description, good feel for the characters...heck, even good grammar!

I'm looking forward to more chapters of this. It'll be interesting to see how society deals with a Pokemorph amongst them.

Blizzard

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    ((Thanks, everyone! Sorry I'm a little slow on the second chapter. Between a sad new stage of writers' block, FFR, and SM, I've been busy. Y'all missed my 19th birthday last Friday, too! It's okay, though; I wasn't even on that day. :)))

Chapter One: Chain Reaction

Night One

Hi again, Journal. It's ten minutes to midnight, and, for some odd reason, I can't sleep. It might have a little to do with the nocturnal nature of Jolteon, or perhaps I'm still slightly on edge regarding Professor Birch's visit about an hour ago.​

I remember that someone was knocking on my front door at around 10:45, so I walked slowly up the creaky, thin metal stairs, and I recall seeing some sparks jump a few inches from my paws with each ascendent step that I took. I took careful notes about which parts of my paws hit which part of the step, almost dazzled by my own inner workings.​

As I reached the top step and turned to the front of the house, I realized that I didn't have my lab coat on anymore, so I padded over to my coat closet about 5 feet to my left, and grabbed the one hanging from the hanger labeled, This is too big for me, but I'll need it someday, and continued over to the front door, wrapping the oversized jacket around my upper body. As I opened it, my newly long ears folded back as I saw Professor Birch's face looking back at me.​

"Um... hi, Professor Birch," I said slowly, my ears still folded in fear. "It's a little late for you to be trudging over, don't you think?"​

Birch smiled back and nodded. "Well, it is somewhat late, yes," he began, "However, I've heard a lot of noise from the area today, and... oh my, you dyed your hair. I thought you were blonde!"​

My ears folded forward slightly, now looking more like airplane wings along my sides than jet-streamed hair flowing backward. "I beg your pardon, sir?" I didn't know what he was talking about.​

"Um... you mean you didn't dye your hair in a soft shade of crimson?" I could see that he was puzzled by my lack of comprehension, so I glanced at the wall mirror to my right. As it turned out, I was not only mostly a Jolteon by genetics, but I had crimson fur as well! I could see little blonde streaks running like lightning in a well-spaced lightning-stripe pattern.​

"Well, I'll be," I said with a smirk, turning my head back to face Birch. "Um... of course... that's what I was doing today!" I was sweating lightly, gently reminding myself of what a horrible liar I was.​

Birch raised his eyebrows. "You're a bad fibber, Lance..." he said with a soft laugh. "Team Magma invaded your lab, huh? I only guess that because they did it to me last week."​

I stared defeatedly at Birch, my head hanging and my ears drooping like bangs over my eyes. "Yeah, they machine-gunned the door open. I don't even know what they wanted from me..."​

Birch smiled, putting his left hand under my chin. "Smile, Lance," he said gently. "It shouldn't take you long to rebuild it." He walked about ten steps away from me, and finished, "I'm still not done remodeling, but why don't you come on over to the lab tomorrow morning? Remember, it's easier for you because you're just getting the groundwork done. You've got plenty of time, okay? Bye!"​

As he was halfway out of my vision, I perked my ears up and padded a foot backwards, shutting the front door. I shook my head and grinned. I told myself, Always cheerful, eh, Professor? as I headed back to my room across from the coat closet.​

Okay, Journal, so maybe I'm not on edge about the Professor coming to visit, but the fact is that this new body of mine isn't built right for my bed. Even if I lay on my side like a Pokemon, it's still awkward... oh wait. I'll take my pillow and blankets, lay my lower body on its side, and use the pillow to support my upper half as I rest. Well, it feels nice and cozy, so this really is good night.​

Blanketed and warm!
    Plasma

Blizzard

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    ((Patience, reader. All in due time))

Chapter 1.5: Reaction Button

Afternoon Two

Oh, Journal, what have I done? My birthday has been one big muddle after another. I should have known better than to ask for a surprise party.​

I think it was half-past 8 when I got up from my snuggly makeshift bed and padded out of my bedroom. I wasn't even halfway awake when I headed for the washroom just past the kitchen, and before I knew what hit me, I heard pair of voices yelling, "SURPRISE!" at me. All I remember is being scared and letting loose an electrical blast that caused all the lights to black out for a few seconds. When they came back on, I heard a boom from the basement.​

"Oh, please don't let that be..." I began, zipping out of the kitchen. "I'll be right back!" I finished as I clanked down the stairs. I could hear my mother talking about me to Birch, and she seemed distressed.​

"Professor," I could hear her begin from the last step at the bottom, "Was... Lance just... a..."​

"Mrs. Alaite, I know it's really difficult seeing... well, this type of change... for the first time, but... look, I don't know what happened..." I sensed a long pause in his voice, so I padded down the final step to look at my transport machine... well, what remained of it, I suppose. My blackout had caused the machine to burst, and, as I glanced at the metallic shards and glass crystals, I could sense a sink in my heart and tears began to fill my eyes.​

No... I thought desperately, What have I done... As I burst into sobs, I felt my ears fold back and flopped my lower body onto its left side. I heard the soft sound of footsteps nearing as Professor Birch approached cautiously and knelt down in front of me. "Lance, I... oh, no..."​

My ears folded back further as I shook my head, choking back the salty drops in my eyes and the sobs in my heart. "Oh, Professor... why didn't you call it off... didn't you notice what had happened?"​

Birch stood up and glanced at me, pulling me to my four paws. "Why? Of course I noticed. I... wanted to be nice and not rub it in your face." He stopped, scritched my ears, and continued, "Well, you're stuck now, but... how about you meet me over at my lab at noon? No surprises, cross my heart and hope to die." I nodded softly, twitching my ears and giving him a half-smile.​

Journal, how am I supposed to deal with this crud? It's ridiculous... I didn't have the heart to say that Birch not mentioning my appearance was even ruder than if he had brought it out. Well, either way, I'm stuck like this forever, I think. I hope Mom isn't too horrified.​

My ears are folded, but I won't ball up and hide!
    Lance... uh, Plasma

Last edited:

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Hey Vish! Nice to see you continuing fanfics! I really do enjoy reading them; I'm still reading the Crystal Flute fanfic that was made several months ago. I hope you continue your fanfic creations.

((Thanks, everyone! Sorry I'm a little slow on the second chapter. Between a sad new stage of writers' block, FFR, and SM, I've been busy. Y'all missed my 19th birthday last Friday, too! It's okay, though; I wasn't even on that day. :)))

Lol, I DID make a thread in the celebrations forum about your B-day, it's just that no one seems to notice that thread.

P.S. I NEED to play some MP with you in FFR later. <3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Wow... I'm reading and enjoying a Pokemorph fic... the only other time that's ever happened has been with Morphic, but that's another story. This is just... wow. Me like.

The only possible thing I can see that you need to improve is dropping the word "Pokemorph", or explaining who coined the term, since the word itself is an invention of the fanon, not the actual games/anime. Other then that, your description, plotline, characterization, etc. are rocking my world. Can't wait for the next entry.

Blizzard

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    ((Oh yeah, thanks, ACC. I guess I lapsed there... introducing the word a few chapters too early. :( Ah well. Um... heh, I never expected such positive reviews...))

Chapter Two: Allied Axis

Midnight, turning to the third morning

Journal, you wouldn't judge me, right? I mean, sure I'm different, but... well, never mind.​

I still don't seem to understand what kind of world this appearance is thrusting me into. Never mind the half-truth that it's not my fault, because I know all about that right-place, wrong-time deal. Why am I writing to you at midnight? Well, never mind the lightbulb in my mouth, especially since I'm writing to you from the insides of an athletic shed...​

It's funny how life works. One minute, you feel safe at home, and the next moment, you realize you're out of food. So... you go to the Pokemart, right? Well, not if you look like me, at least...​

I swear, by the looks on everyone's faces when I padded through the front door, it's like I was robbing the place. I've still got the Arcanine scratches on my body, the red blots on my well-tattered lab coat, and sore muscles to prove it. Jeez, would it kill them to put up some signs? I still tell myself as I shiver from the frosty winds.​

As if the pair of Arcanine police dogs chasing after me weren't enough, they brought out their Rapidash chase unit to hunt me down. Officer Jenny... how could you turn your back on me? I made it to the Pokecenter, gasping and wounded, but Nurse Joy turned her nose to me, simply having... um, I fell asleep, so it was probably a Jigglypuff singing...​

I kept trying to fight the song, but... no luck. Sure, I was scared, and the moment I closed my eyes, I felt my body coil into a defenseless, pathetic struggle. The last thing I remember were the barks of a Houndoom, a flash of pink and green, and a pillow of fur catch under my lower body as I fell limply...​

"Are you all right? Hey... hey... wake up!" I heard as I felt the slap of something's front paw on my face. I scampered to my feet, and looked toward the voice. It was dusk, so I couldn't see the best, but I did notice that in front of me stood something that appeared to be me, except instead of Jolteon features, it had a Houndoom's appearance. It wore a black-and-white checkered shirt, which seemed bleak compared to pink fur with a green underbelly and paw "socks."​

Standing beside the Houndoom creature was a female, Ninetales version of me, dressed in a white blouse, which nicely complimented her jet-black fur. I noted to myself that she looked like a "Charcoal." I smiled warmly as she cowered slightly at the Houndoom's side.​

"Lemme guess..." The Houndoom spoke softly and gently. "You went in a Pokemart, didn't you?" he concluded, chuckling. "I'm Matt Rose... but please, Flower is simpler. Good to meet ya."​

I saw the Ninetales step closer cautiously. She appeared almost wary of other creatures in general... I reached my hand out, and, shakily, she trotted over and hugged me, pulling away softly. "My name is... Charcoal..." she began, as I thought, Yeah, had it pegged!. "It's wonderful... to make you a friend..." she ended with a soft grin.​

"Um... Flower... Charcoal..." I began, now even more nervous as Charcoal smiled and winked at me, "Did you save my life?"​

Flower nodded and made a thumbs-up, and Charcoal yipped gently into my ear. "Charcoal's taking a fond interest in you, Jolteon boy," he said with a toothy smirk. "It's cute; she usually fears other Pokemorphs except for me."​

"I'm... sorry?" I said as my head tilted to the left, looking at Charcoal's blue eyes as the moonlight began to gleam on them. "What's a Pokemorph?"​

"Um... I guess you weren't stolen off by those men that did that to you, then," Flower uttered with a sense of concern. "Well... I don't know when it began, but in the Kanto region, Team Rocket started to experiment on making humans crossed with Pokemon DNA... Their first successes were simply humans who could turn into the Pokemon they had been crossed with. They named them Pokemorphs, for their morphing abilities... Usually, they take you to a lab somewhere and drug you to sleep, then... you wake up like you do." I could sense despair in Flower's crackling voice, as he finished, "I head a group called AMASS, or... Axis of Morphs Against Society's Sins. They torture us and take our pride, so..."​

"Stop there, Flower!" I said swiftly. "I'll join you..." Somehow, I had no idea what I was getting into... even though it seemed so simple. My mind felt at peace, though, and Charcoal wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek lovingly. I felt my ears fold back and my heart skip a beat...​

Journal, I'm off to fight some intolerance...
    Plasma

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    Another wonderful chapter. I find it striking that Plasma's mindset has quickly changed from fear to determination progressively towards the end of the chapter.
    I have a question: is the entire story going to be written journal-style/flashbacks or are there going to be scenes of present-time action? Just a suggestion in which I think would spice things up a bit.

Still ,gj! Keep on going. ;)

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Great chapter I really like your fic can't wait until the next chapter!

Blizzard

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2007
    ((Hi! Thanks for all the comments. I apologize for the 2 week hiatus... I've been... busy.))

Chapter Two (Live-Action Addendum): An Honest Confusion

"Welcome to the 200th meeting of AMASS!" a voice barked.​

As I saw Flower and Charcoal standing at the head of the room, I eyed the room and spotted Pokemorphs of all species, forms, and sizes surrounding me in the rows of chairs and cushions set out for us. My ears twitched as I remembered, 200th? Yeesh, how often ARE these things?

"Um, Flower, I'm supposing you didn't tell our new Jolteon friend the complete story," an Espeon morph chimed, twitching her tail as she stood up, revealing her mostly human form, save for the ears and tail.​

Flower smiled and nodded. "Oh, I apologize, Plasma," he remarked calmly. "I suppose I should have told you... Estrella, please tell us again how long Pokemorphs have been around. I need a reminder."​

The morph named Estrella giggled softly, her violet-shaded hair reaching her narrow shoulders. "Yes, Flower, well... they've been around for over six years," she said in a lightly defeated, yet strong-willed tone. Her mauve eyes sparkled gently in the ambient light of the moon, shining ever softly through small, privacy windows installed around the top of the surrounding walls. "We meet weekly so that we may decide our strategies of taking down those who violated our bodies."​

I looked at her with a slight furor. "I... see, but don't you think 'violated our bodies' is a little too strong of a phrase?"​

"Not for me," Estrella said with light disdain. "You have no idea what it's like... because you're an accidental morph." Her ears lowered as she sat down, head hanging and silent once again...​

((To be re-edited later...))

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry I haven't been reviewing your fanfiction. I've been busy elsewhere. xD Sorry. Sorry. But I saw that someone "mono-starred" it, and I was confused why it had a low rating. Then I remembered that those thread ratings don't matter in fanfiction.

This is still as good as I remember it to be. Characterization is still-spot on. Same with grammar. I normally don't read journal-style fics, but I make an exception for this one because of how well-done it is.

Keep writing! ^^

Back