• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did any of you meet this guy?

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    this would be a very cool concept to be implemented into future games, even if it was a glitch here it would be pretty awesome. Take note Nintendo!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    i don't know if my game has something wrong but i played multi battle in battle tower in emerald, and i was really surprised to see a pokemon sailor who had exactly the same name with my player, i chose him and when the battle begin, i was surprised again to know his 2 pokemon were my two released pokemon, same stats, same nature and same attacks, i looked at his pokemon ID to see his ID trainer and, it was the same with mine. i don't know what happened, did any of you meet that trainer, is there something wrong with my game?

Sorry but...
    1. How did you know they had the very same nature, attacks, and everything else in first place?
    2. Released Pokémon are not really released into the wild. They're just gone.
    3. Even if they were truly released, it's not like other trainers in the game go around catching Pokémon, like you do.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Emerald Battle Tower. You can choose partners in the multi battle rooms.

Fair enough (note to self: check GameFAQs). Yet, I don't see how released Pokémon would appear out of nowhere.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    i HAD that but on ruby for a makihuta form a slakoth ... :S its just a coincedence that the idnos r the same
    This is lol. There's such a small chance of your ID numbers being the same, it's just silly. Also, seeing as EVERYTHING is the same, the game obviously just copied his data to the trainer.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    This is lol. There's such a small chance of your ID numbers being the same, it's just silly. Also, seeing as EVERYTHING is the same, the game obviously just copied his data to the trainer.

No, really. How would the game copy data that does not exist any more?

Years
    No, really. How would the game copy data that does not exist any more?

Without reading the game code, how can you say for sure if that's what happens? Maybe on random occasions it doesn't delete the information and when it has 3 that weren't truly deleted, this guy appears to battle you. It could be a rare occurance and really only viable to people who release a lot of Pokemon. Then again I have no means of backing that theory up, so...

Symphonic.x.Fantasia

Inactivity is a poison.
    Years
    Without reading the game code, how can you say for sure if that's what happens? Maybe on random occasions it doesn't delete the information and when it has 3 that weren't truly deleted, this guy appears to battle you. It could be a rare occurance and really only viable to people who release a lot of Pokemon. Then again I have no means of backing that theory up, so...
    Well, now, hold on. Maybe if you release it, the data stays stored somewhere, and in this guys case, the pointer just happened to arrive on his released Pokemon. Of course; this is just an up-in-the-air theory; Why would the Pokemon choosing system for the partner be based on random Pokemon? Would explain it though.

Years
    Well if this guy was intentionally added to the game, it seems like he'd be more of a gimmick than a challenging opponent, so it's not like there's any need to pick specific Pokemon when you can get away with random ones.

Back