• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone call their legendary anything other than Nebby?

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I had to name Solgaleo Nebby! It had been his name through the entire game. AND I had to add him to my team and take him through the Elite Four because I just couldn't stuff him in a box and leave him there. Not after Lillie expressed he wanted to see more of Alola. I think this is the first time I've become this ridiculously attached to the characters in a Pokemon game... I missed them and the story after I completed it! XD

Meaningless Flower

PokéContestant
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2017
    Ever since the legendary for Sun got revealed, I had the name 'Leo' in mind for multiple reasons, but after the story I just had to name it Nebby because I didn't have the heart to name it anything else. Solgaleo quickly became one of my favorite Pokémon and is the best member in my team!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I named my Lunala "Tutti Frutti". Lunala is based off a bat, and it reminded me of a fruit bat. One thing lead to another, and...

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • I have not made it that far yet, but despite my naming scheme (Based of internet memes mind you) I will likely call Lunala Nebby just because.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Not sure that Nebby wld be an appropriate name for Solgaleo. LOL.

Still prefer legendariees that don't evolve, though.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • If I didn't end up nicknaming my Lunala Nebby, my another choice for a name would have been Obscurite. At least there's still a chance to go and change the name!

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    When Lunala was first revealed, I knew I would choose Moon and planned to name it Stellaluna, after the titular bat character of a book that I loved as a child. However, I felt that I couldn't name it anything but Nebby when I was given the option. When Lillie mentioned that she wanted Nebby to go on adventures with me, I even put it in my team, making it only the 2nd ever Legendary I have had in my main team (after Reshiram)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I just? Couldn't NOT name it Nebby, honestly. But I mean, you get another one anyway that you could name whatever you want to name it. So SHRUG.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I nicknamed my Lunala "Starlight", mainly to reference a character from My Little Pony, who is also heavily connected with the concepts of space and time, portals, and psychic powers.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • I don't have mine yet, but I won't be nicknaming it Nebby - or anything for that matter. I don't like giving Pokemon nicknames.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    When I decide to give my Pokemon nicknames I don't do it right after I catch them, when I have my whole team set up then I go to the Name Rater and really invest some time in naming them. As for "Nebby" since I had Pokemon Moon I decided to leave it at Lunala until the timing is better for a real nickname. I never liked Lillie so it will definitely not keep it's nickname, I will use the Pokemon however since it is a Ghost type.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I nicknamed my Lunala "Starlight", mainly to reference a character from My Little Pony, who is also heavily connected with the concepts of space and time, portals, and psychic powers.

Nice choice! Starlight Glimmer is awesome and that fits nicely! As Primarina is a performer, I named her Lulamoon after another certain pony ;)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I named my solgaleo Nebby. It would be wrong not too :p As for the cosmog, I probably won't give it a nickname, as it will be going into my living dex (My nicknamed pokemon get a special box outside the living dex)

Back