• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone else....

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    think Volcarona was a legendary Pokémon when they first encountered it?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, it certainly looked like a legendary, standing in a special spot and being visible from the overworld and all. Like the legendary birds in the first generation. But I had already read about Volcarona before playing the game so I kind of knew that it wouldn't be classified as a true legendary.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I'd first seen its artwork (which was before playing Pokémon Black and White), I've sort of thought it to be some legendary, yes. Though, my thoughts on it had changed immediately as soon as I've seen its pre-evolution form, haha. This necessarily isn't a bad thing, however, as it did not alter my fondness or anything of the like; it was still one of my most favorite Unovian Pokémon out there.

In terms of design, Volcarona looks spectacular. It were up to them to create some bug-fire Pokémon, and what better way is there for them to make such a thing than this? When it comes to battling, it's also very easy to utilize all-around; after one use of Quiver Dance, it would be ready to sweep your opponent immediately.

Years
  • The way that you encounter Volcarona in the games definitely makes it feel like a Legendary Pokemon, but I'd heard about it before hand as well, so I knew that it wasn't one. Still, aside from a few Pokemon like Snorlax, Lapras, Rotom and Musharna, we don't often encounter Pokemon in the overworld like that, so it still puts it in a special class either way.

Years
  • OMG i totally thought this when i first saw it, i was totally amazed that it was not a legendary pokemon, my partner had to prove it to me through bulbapedia that it was not haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Nope! I thought Volcarona was just like any other normal Pokémon. I would see why people would think this way as you can find one as it is found in one area, but the fact that the Wild Pokémon Battle music was playing instead of the Legendary Battle music has convinced me that Volcarona is not a Legendary.

Years
  • I can't lie, yes I did. The fact that it's right near Hydreigon and other legendaries doesn't make it less obvious, but the fact that the Champion uses it was proof that it wasn't.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Yes, I thought Volcarona was legendary Pokémon, because it's standing like how legendary Pokémon are waiting for me before battling it at Relic Castle. It doesn't help much when I was spotting one of the Seven Sages from Team Plasma nearby, too.

Back