• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone find capturing Dialga and Palkia hard?

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I found it rather simple. Though I used a Master Ball on Dialga, I used a Dusk Ball on a red hp poisoned Palkia. Caught it first try.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Easy on my end as well. Got Dialga down to the red and it only took one Dusk Ball.
    I had bought about 50 of them too. xD

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Not really no. I just waited til night time then used Dusk Balls.

Years
    I haven't caught either of them yet in my Platinum version but I did find Dialga very easy to catch in Diamond. It only took me 1 Dusk Ball to catch it at night after I got its health to red.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
    Yeah, they were easy. Only took like maybe around 5 minutes for each of them, but that's including weakening them down and catching them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    It was hell easy, legendaries aren`t hard to capture at most times.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    Same for me.-Dialga was 2 Dusk,-Palkia 1 Ultra 2 Dusk Balls, both were caught at night, of course. Yet Giritina took me 28 Dusk Balls...

(According to the Chatot thing, Dialga and Palkia DO have a Catch Rate somewhat like a Chatot's)

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    This is in Platinum by the way.

I have just recently got dialga and palkia, and for both of them i captured with my first ultra ball:p i was hoping they would be hard to capture like darkrai was and the threee fairies.

Also i wish we could of gone to their lair and have to search to find them.( But i guessed that they live in space so yeah:p)

Anyone have trouble capturing them?

I utilized my Master Ball, so I had no trouble catching him. I made a bad mistake using the master ball. I probably could've used it on more powerful foes...

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I lost my first platinum (Gettting another one btw), but here it is:
    Diagla - x1-3 Utra Balls
    Palkia - x1 Dusk Ball

Years
    They weren't that difficult. I caught Dialga and Palkia with several Ultra Balls.
    What was most difficult for me was Mesprit.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    They weren't that difficult. I caught Dialga and Palkia with several Ultra Balls.
    What was most difficult for me was Mesprit.

I didn't even bother with any effort in Mesprit. I didn't have a Pokemon that could trap him in battle. I just used my Master Ball and had my Mewtwo from LeafGreen transfer another one to me.

Problem solved.

Last edited:

Emp395

It's *Emp*-oleon, the *395*th.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Am I the only one who caught them with a mere Poké Ball. o.o

Back