• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone NOT want these remakes to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I definitely wanted remakes. But, I know two people who didn't. They said that Gold/Silver/Crystal were the best games ever made, and that no one could make them better, even if they kept them exactly the same with better graphics.

That's the effects of having your nostalgia goggles on too tight.

As for me, I can't say I didn't want a remake, as it's the first thing that came to mind when I bought Leaf Green.

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
    WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULDNT WANT A REMAKE D':
    I mean yeah, the classic G/S will always be the best and one of my favorites, but its not like...bad to want a remake of it to.
    With like...wifi awesomeness +'_'+

Years
    I just didn't like FRLG. They were okay, yeah, but they were missing something. The spark that the originals had was just gone for me.

Even though I'm excited about these remakes, I'm also a bit wary for this very reason. FRLG was the same way for me, just not the same. Pretty sure these new ones will be similar...fun, but just not the original I loved so much. Ah well. I'm sure I'll still like them.

Years

/raises hand.

:( I just didn't like FRLG. They were okay, yeah, but they were missing something. The spark that the originals had was just gone for me. I know I'm in a minority here but I could never pick out what I didn't like about them and it took a lot of reflection (shut up, I know I'm lame) to realize that since I think I was in denial or something. XD;

At any rate, once I realized that, I also realized that I didn't really want a GSC remake. I have the fondest memories of Gen II. It's my favourite and probably holds the biggest nostalgia rush of any game I played as a kid. I'm certainly not against a remake but I am so scared that I won't like this rendition of them and that I just won't feel it (whatever "it" is) when I play these.

T_T Trying to be optimistic so I am looking forward to them but this feeling of dread is still gonna be here up to their release.

Thiiiiiis. I wouldn't say I actively disliked the prospect of a GS remake, but I always feared that GF would muck it up.

Also, when it was first said that Pokémon Sunday would have a big announcement, I sorta hoped it was something other than GSDS, just so I could have a good laugh at the overeager fandom.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Thiiiiiis. I wouldn't say I actively disliked the prospect of a GS remake, but I always feared that GF would muck it up.

Also, when it was first said that Pokémon Sunday would have a big announcement, I sorta hoped it was something other than GSDS, just so I could have a good laugh at the overeager fandom.
    Haha, me too! I loved how the whole fandom flipped out and pointed out all the reasons it had to be GSDS and I thought it'd be hilarious if it turned out to be like... Ranger 3. (Or awesome to find Snap 2.) I was a little disappointed when everyone was right, I'm not gonna lie.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Haha, me too! I loved how the whole fandom flipped out and pointed out all the reasons it had to be GSDS and I thought it'd be hilarious if it turned out to be like... Ranger 3. (Or awesome to find Snap 2.) I was a little disappointed when everyone was right, I'm not gonna lie.
    As much as I wanted these remakes to happen, I gotta admit that it would've been fun to have an angry mob. :P

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Lol, this reminds me of another forum my friend sent me a link to where the people that have been saying "GSC will never get remakes!" for the past 6 months are crying about it and have now changed their story completely to "Why the hell are they remaking GSC? We want a better RBY remake because FRLG sucked!". =P

But yeah, I've been really wanting this to happen since I found about Shiny Gold. x_x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I did want a remake but if it wasn't going to happen, it wouldn't have bothered me.

I just hope they make these remakes rather cool because if I buy a game that isn't worth it, I am going to be wondering why I wanted a remake of this game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If it didn't happen it would not have bothered me either, because I've been without the game for pretty much 8 years. If it had been a spin-off then there sure would have been a lot of complaints.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I kinda have the nagging sense that in the end, the begging and whining and crying and screaming and speculating and finally waiting for it to be release would have been more fun then the actual game

I wanted them to happen
    im a huge johto fan, totally

but i would have prefered pokemon team rocket version >: /not gonna happen ;_;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I could have waited for this game a few more years, just so Ninetndo would know what they were really doing with the remake. Though, I stll wanted it to happen, I could have still waited.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    GS overworld in 3D. The addition of even more Pokémon from gen IV. RUNNING. Yeah, this game is gonna be awesome ;) Gold and Silver have always been my absolute favorites as far as storyline and overall awesomeness :) The story wasn't too extreme (like the universe being destroyed or the world flooded/dried up). It was just crazy enough to be done by a 10 year old ;)

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    Lol, I REALLY wanted a remake, escpecially since I never got to play the original TT (I didn't have a gameboy). I liked Johto the best out of the snime regions, and I heard so many great things about GSC that I wanted to play it a lot... and now I can, albeit in a remake. ^^

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years

/raises hand.

:( I just didn't like FRLG. They were okay, yeah, but they were missing something. The spark that the originals had was just gone for me. I know I'm in a minority here but I could never pick out what I didn't like about them and it took a lot of reflection (shut up, I know I'm lame) to realize that since I think I was in denial or something. XD;

At any rate, once I realized that, I also realized that I didn't really want a GSC remake. I have the fondest memories of Gen II. It's my favourite and probably holds the biggest nostalgia rush of any game I played as a kid. I'm certainly not against a remake but I am so scared that I won't like this rendition of them and that I just won't feel it (whatever "it" is) when I play these.

T_T Trying to be optimistic so I am looking forward to them but this feeling of dread is still gonna be here up to their release.
    Well, I can't quite say anything about FR/LG because I haven't played them myself. I can say though that I was and still am afraid of this remake. I kinda have feelings that a port would be better. I really don't know what's going to happen now that it's been announced that they're already implementing some new things.

Amicus

Hipster Incubai
    Years
    The Pokémon from Gold and Silver didn't really appeal to me as much as the other games and I lost interest immediately. I'm glad I didn't make it all the way through those so now this can be a whole new adventure to me.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Well, I can't quite say anything about FR/LG because I haven't played them myself. I can say though that I was and still am afraid of this remake. I kinda have feelings that a port would be better. I really don't know what's going to happen now that it's been announced that they're already implementing some new things.

If it's a port you want, you could just as easily find it...in certain places on the internet...instead of nintendo going through the trouble just to basically re-release it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back