• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone NOT want these remakes to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
Years
  • I certainly like the idea of the remakes happening.

I just think the fan-base is ruining the whole ordeal by either incessantly whining about early pieces of information, or over-hyping it =(

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I certainly like the idea of the remakes happening.

I just think the fan-base is ruining the whole ordeal by either incessantly whining about early pieces of information, or over-hyping it =(
    I like to think it will be an average game, so that if it is rather below average, I won't be too disappointed and that if it is an amazing A++ game, I'll be happier than expected.

win/win

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I am sure I didn't mind if I waited a couple of years. If these remakes weren't going to happen I wouldn't mind, I would just want another generation to happen I guess.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My view on this subject is pretty messed up, haha. As soon as I heard there'd be remakes of B/R in the early months of '04, I started hoping that maybe we'd be seeing some G/S remakes. Then, when I got Firered and Leafgreen, I played and I thought they weren't that much fun. Weren't as fun of the originals. It felt like the games could've had so much more in them than they did, you know? I was pretty disappointed, and I prayed that we'd never see any G/S remakes, if only to avoid seeing absolute and utter failures.

Then Newsbot (what a guy) posted that thread, and the hints and speculation started pouring in. It seemed like nothing else but G/S remakes were going to be announced, but I still refused to believe it. I was half-hoping they were coming and half-worrying about them coming. Sorta weird, I know. So I logged on a few days ago and found out that the remakes had indeed been announced, and I knew that this was either going to be one of the greatest days ever, or one of the worst. I'm not going to be able to pick which one until I actually play the games.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is when I realized that the game was going to be made for the DS, that got me worried. Seeing as they can do so much with the remakes using the DS card and all the new features in DPPt, it made me think that it could have ruined the nostalgic feel from the originals. That is the only reason why I might not have wanted it to happen as yet, but I guess it is better they did it now than later, because who knows what else they could have done to change it up by then.

Years
  • I did not want the remake to happen. In my opinion G/S is a over rated game, and to me its not as good as everyone says. The only thing I found unique about G/S was the fact you could go to Kano and Johto.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I wouldn't have expected it to be this time around because they just made a remake of Diamond and Pearl.

Then again, if they could make Platinum that fast then I am sure they could've done this remake too. Anyways I have wanted this remake, but I can't say I wanted it "badly".

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was pretty sure it would have happened after seeing the FRLG games come out.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was pretty sure it would have happened after seeing the FRLG games come out.

That could've been a hint. I had to be sure there was going to be a remake after I found out that nintendo were making a remake of Diamond and Pearl. I mean if they could make a remake of the Sinnoh, how could they not make a remake of the Johto?

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    If someone didn't wanted this please tell me, i'll stab him/she/it or w/e!!! THIS IS TEH SICKEST NEWS I EVER SEEN IN A WHILE LOL! I might be a bit late but... VIVA LA NINTENDO! This makes me want to buy a DS again!!!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If someone didn't wanted this please tell me, i'll stab him/she/it or w/e!!! THIS IS TEH SICKEST NEWS I EVER SEEN IN A WHILE LOL! I might be a bit late but... VIVA LA NINTENDO! This makes me want to buy a DS again!!!

Well I am sure there are a few people who didn't want this remake to happen, but that's just their opinion.

A few years ago I was pretty much sure they wouldn't remake the games at all, but I did want them to. To think the remake is now going to be made, it makes me pretty exicted but I have patience.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

Others didn't want them to have the remake for fear of them ruining the originality of the game and the fun it brought in at its time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I couldn't say I didn't ever want them to happen, but I never expected it to happen. That is until Platinum came out.

I am glad they made this remake because from seeing the pictures so far, I can tell this is going to be one cool game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually never expected it this soon, seeing as Platinum was released not too long ago. So, I thought we'd probably have to wait another year or so, but when I heard this was going to be the 10 year anniversary for the original GS, then I really thought it was happening, so it got me a bit excited and wondering.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I like to think it will be an average game, so that if it is rather below average, I won't be too disappointed and that if it is an amazing A++ game, I'll be happier than expected.

win/win
    I'm trying to do that.

I think one of the reasons people didn't like FR/LG (Not me, though. I love those games.) was that it was so overhyped that people would be disappointed no matter how the games would turn out.

Hopefully, that won't happen this time around.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The FRLG I liked, it's just this game that has so much, it is kind of scary to think they messed it up a bit.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I did want this remake to happen but if it didn't I really wouldn't mind. For one reason, I didn't think it was going to happen in the first place. For a second reason, I thought it would be totally different, and for a third reason I didn't really like the game when I first played it.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • Lots of people are angry--not on this site, everyone here's a bunch of Pokémon loving happy and accepting/embracing people. Easy to please and anything Pokémon is the way to go. Same deal with me. But go somewhere like GameSpot forums or the video section of a certain chan, you'll never hear the END of the hatred toward these games.

I love the game. First Pokémon game I ever played. OOOOOooh, yes. I was SIX years old, Bellsprout tower.. ah.. the subway train. Togepi. Those were the days. .. Now with WIFI. .. ... I think I might be drooling a little. oO

But yeah, there're lots of people who hate it just 'cause it's the newest thing to hate. The same people who hated Dawn in the last game are now hating the new girl in this one. The complaints about diamond/pearl starters are now all about gold/silver starters. The people who hate the games just pick the newest thing to throw tomatos at.

BUT, you won't see much of that here. That's not what Pokécommunity's about. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back