• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone notice that the Pokemon movies released on DVDs...

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    are all in 4:3 aspect ratio and not 16:9? (I'm talking about DVDs released outside Japan) It's a pity that a significant portion of the picture has been lost (or squashed up)!

Years
  • Yeah, the letterbox issue has always been a problem, especially in the movies. The good news is that America is improving with the aspect ratio in television and elsewhere, including TPCI. Hopefully, when the movies get re-released on DVD, that will change and get the letterbox treatment.

Dogasu speaks of the letterbox issue quite a bit, so console yourself with that. Not to mention, I have to check when the Japanese finally updated with such. Halfway through D/P, I think?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2011
    In Japan, Pokemon was shown in 4:3 on television until the D/P one hundredth and twenty-somethingth episode. After that, Pokemon was shown in 16:9. But all Pokemon movies since myuutsuu no gyakushuu have been shown in 16:9 in Japanese cinemas, VHSes and DVDs.

Back