• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did HG/SS worked well to remake good moments from the Gold/Silver games?

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I would say HG/SS did, The addition of the running shoes plus the old pokemon following you, Totally captured memory's from G/S/C with some old lines such as "You have just stepped in kanto, check your town map" :)

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    I don't remember Gold that much anymore, but when I played it did give me moments of flashbacks, for example with the ghost gym and the problems the black floor gave me, and at the rocket hideout near the lake of rage, where I remember hating those statues.
    Overall, I think HG/SS did a good job as a remake ^^.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    There are a few things that felt really different to me, such as Goldenrod City, but most of the time, it recaptured things perfectly. They were great as games, and as remakes. That's what I think anyway. xD;

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    It's a really good remake. There could've been couple small improvements but overall was 120 percent satisfactory.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
    It was too awesome, they did a great job at remaking it.. the first Pokemon in your party following you.. it brings back old memories. They even added the GB sounds, which adds the classic Gen II feeling to HG/SS.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Heck, it did better than that! It was 5,000x better than the originals, which were already good games! HG/SS felt like a new game while capturing the things that made the originals popular. It included the elements from Crystal, and it added things like the "Follow Me" feature and the Pokewalker, while improving on the series by adding small changes like the ability to toggle your running shoes and 2 key items by touching an icon. The touch controls were great, and I even think that these games have better controls than B/W. HG/SS is not only my favorite remake, it is one of my favorite games in Pokemon.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    GB sounds is a amazing item but I can see why you have to wait until after all of the badges to get it as there is new music in the game which is good too :)

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    The only problems I had with HGSS were the removal of slots, the auto level in the trainer house and how Goldenrod's music sucked.

Aside from those, for a remake I think it did pretty well. GB Sounds is a great addition for those that would want to play the games with the old music, as was the gym renovations, restoration of the the Seaform Islands and Cerulean Cave, and the fact that most towns in Kanto got their old songs back rather than the Viridian City theme being used in almost every town. The battle frontier was also nice but I wouldn't have minded if they had settling for the tower only.

Baibanira

★ Impromptu Trainer ★
    Years
    I played the game Gold at about 8 or 9 ; and HeartGold last summer, and honestly, I loved it. I didn't get into pokemon until 8, when I discovered my siblings old games in some box, and I played Yellow immediately, and moved onto Gold (to later buy the games in order of release)

For what I remembered, it was a good remake and worked for what did it. I loved the pokemon following you, to me, it was the best feature! I wish it carried onto BW.

Years
    I always thought that LG/FR (GBA) was the best remake but now I've changed my mind HGSS is the best remade pokemon game ever due to the fact of the national pokedex, be able to get Starly, Taillow and Treecko into your team is just brilliant and be able to be followed by them, reminds me of Pokemon Yellow.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    It's a good thing that the remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver put the GB signs in it, it would of been nice if they did that with FireRed and LeafGreen. It's good that they added more features into it such as quicker traveling and Pokemon following you.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    Yes it did work well to remake good moments from the Gold/Silver games

Years
    They definitely did and the GB Sounds helped recreate the nostalgia even more. There are a lot of things that I miss from the original GSC that weren't included, such as the character of Kris, the Slot Machines and the removal of "Dude". Other than that, yeah, they did a good job and I liked the modifications they made to old elements as well, such as the Rocket Admins having distinct identities.

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
    I think Game Freak did a wonderful job with HG/SS. I went on a huge nostalgia trip when I played them and I think they did a good job of both updating the old things and adding new thing.

Back