• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Did I just screw up big time?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    Hi. New to ROM hacking here.

I've been using G3T to make some modifications to a clean emerald ROM. The thing is, the first time I used G3T, I was experimenting with a modified emerald ROM base (The 650 one) which has more moves. So the ini changed, and I didn't change it back.

On my clean ROM I decided I wanted to make some custom moves, and since my .ini value for numberofmoves was larger than the default, I saw a bunch of moves with random characters with random descriptions, power values, PP, effects, etc. So I just overwrote those values and changed them into my custom moves. Did I overwrite important data? Is my ROM messed up now?

Thanks.

Years
  • If you didn't expand the move table(and it seems you didn't since the rom was clean) then the answer is yes, you overwrote data. I'd suggest either getting a new rom or hacking with 650 one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2019
    If you didn't expand the move table(and it seems you didn't since the rom was clean) then the answer is yes, you overwrote data. I'd suggest either getting a new rom or hacking with 650 one.

Alright, thanks.

Back