• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did it occur to you that Diamond & Pearl is almost 6 years old?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I thought I should make a thread on this because I doubt many people will think this.

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl is approaching it's 6 year anniversary and I was shocked at this.. it really doesn't seem like it at all and it seems fairly new yet it's really not.
    What do you think?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Ten months is approaching?

Compared to past games it seems more here and now. Heck I even remember following the pre-release coverage like I did with BW. A bunch of people were all debating is Lucario a Legend blah blah blah he has his own movie.

But really it has been a long time since, I have been active here and other places through the years of Gen IV I gradually got bored with it so it did seem a bit old by the beginning of 2010. Time flies, heck next thing we know Gen V is a thing of the past.

Years
    I'll always remember Diamond & Pearl for many years to come as the games that introduced the Physical/Special split and made certain Pokemon get more benefit from their attacks.

One particular Pokemon I'll always remember from Gen IV is Skuntank, I loved using this Poison/Dark skunk!

Ah, the memories...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Ohhh... Lucario is a legendary. No doubt about that... He got his own freaking movie!

I remember the debate days, LOL.

DP will always be my favorite gen, excluding Gen 1. Physical/ Special Split is the best thing that ever happened to the Pokemon World.

Years
    Oh yes, that Physical/Special split may have hindered once-useful Pokemon like Flareon, but made others more usable competitively.

I loved Diamond/Pearl/Platinum until HG/SS came along, and Black/White is where I'm at now.

It's nice how the Physical/Special split has made once not-so-usable Pokemon now usable.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Seeing this thread made me not only realize that Diamond and Pearl has been out for quite awhile now but Ruby and Sapphire are coming up on their 10 year anniversary. So we should be expecting the remakes in Japan at the end of next year.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Seeing this thread made me not only realize that Diamond and Pearl has been out for quite awhile now but Ruby and Sapphire are coming up on their 10 year anniversary. So we should be expecting the remakes in Japan at the end of next year.
    Let's not steer the conversation to the possibility for RSE remakes in this thread - that already has its own thread sticky in PGC after all. =p

It's funny how time flies though, certainly. I remember discovering Pokemon forums for the first time in the lead-up to DPPt... So for the thread question, although I know it's been a while I haven't recently thought 'huh, nearly 6 years since DP came out'. Does that mean we can say 'back in my day'?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It feels like it's only 3 years, but now that you mention it I can remember that it is actually quite long ago. Time flies lol.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I remeber I bought diamond when I was on holidays in queensland. That was the game that brought me back to pokemon after a two year absence. I can't believe that was 6 years ago. That means I would have been 8. I don't remeber being that young. God how time flies.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Really? I didn't even notice, it feels like it was just 2 years ago when I was playing it. :'x

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    D/P is really nearly 6 years old ?
    It feels more like 3 years

I remember deciding to take Chimchar as soon it was said to be the fire starter of that gen.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I remember importing Diamond from America in 2007 because I couldn't wait for it to be released here even though it was a 2 month gap but still... I'm an impatient person!

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    really? 6 years huh? now i feel strange having just bought Diamond a few months ago. Ive had Pearl and Platinum since they both came out, but for some strange reason never bought Diamond.......

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    6 years? Really? I remember getting it the day it came out in the U.S. I went to Toys R Us early in the morning to go get a new Wii, but sadly they were sold out. My mom then took me to Game Crazy to go get the new Pokemon game, Pearl, that had come out the same day. I was so happy standing in line! I even got the special Palkia stylus that came with the 1st few people that got the game in stores. I still have the same file I made that same day. What a wonderful day that turned out to be! I still remember every detail like it was yesterday! Thank you for making this thread so I could remember the day again! :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    That is a long time... I remember the days where I woke up extra early Saturday mornings to get a few event Pokemon at the local Toys R Us.

Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Holy crap, it's been 6 years already? I never even noticed. Until I saw this thread, I was thinking of D/P as still relatively new.

Back