• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen did mother marowak ever scare you as much as it scared me

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I remember when I first played Pokémon Red and I had gotten to the top of the Lavender Tower, finally running into the troublesome ghost that had been causing all these ~drama~ in Lavender Town.

i cried (i was like seven ok)

I don't know it was that scared me, it was probably the storyline plus the music plus the sprite itself. It just freaked me out ;-;

So what about you?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The fact that I couldn't even catch it scared the piss out of me, I thought the game was possessed by the devil.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    At 1st, never read a Creepypasta, no, I wasn't. Then, Creepy Black came and now I won't even go any further in my Green because if that....

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    So much drama ;;

I can't say Mother Marowak scared me all that much tbh. Missingno on the other hand..

So true about Missingno. I used to have nightmares about various glitches back when I was eight or so...As for the Mother Marowak, I don't think I ever paid too much attention to it either when I was younger. I did feel slightly creeped out by the ghosts that I couldn't see without the Silph Scope the first time I visited the tower, but I never got so far as Marowak until later, and by that time, I was used to whatever weird ghosts the tower wanted to throw at me. I also didn't care that much about my Pokedex my first time through Red, so I didn't even try to catch the Marowak then (although I was frustrated when later, on a subsequent playthrough, I couldn't catch it).

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I wasn't scared of it but I cried. The story plot behind it was so sad. When I was younger I couldn't go in Lavender Town without crying because I thought of the baby cubone.

On the other hand I was so mad I couldn't catch it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Well I was like 5 when I started RBY, and seriously those ghosts isn't even scary enough imo... I was only pissed at how I can't catch it : P .

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • It scared the crap out of me the first time Not as bad as bury man, but After that I found it fun to the point where I would pester the ghosts and mother marorwak to the point where they should have possesed me, but they nev....Kill...Kill...

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    It didnt scare me (probably because I have never believed in ghosts) so I just treated it like any other battle.

It scared the crap out of me the first time Not as bad as bury man,
    Bury man? I get the feeling I should already know this but what is "bury man"?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I was never scared of Marowak but I was scared of the ghosts as well as Gastly. I think the ghosts look more scary in FR/LG.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • Everything in the tower scared me. Heck, whenever a random encounter happened, i jumped. Though the only thing that didn't scare me in there was when the ghost was identified as a marowak. (i was 8 when i was playing)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • that ghost used to scare me so much when i first started. at least until i realized what it was.
    it never bothered me much after i found out the story of what happened.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    The only thing that scared me was that I wasted a Great Ball on the Marowak.

Tribal Ebony

Blood is always satisfactory.
    Years
  • Well I* got quite scared when I had to encouner it. I always though Missingo was also gonna ruin my game. But whats with its picture/battle sprite?
    did mother marowak ever scare you as much as it scared me

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I can't say Mother Marowak scared me all that much tbh. Missingno on the other hand..

It's not that scary to me cause......
    it might sounds weird but i love scary things :)
    i was 7 when i played it for the first time...at night...when everybody else was sleeping :)
    after watching horror movie.... i remember it like it was a week ago..hehehe

and missingno.....
    it didn't bother me at all..

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Mother Marowak didn't scare me at all. It DID tick me off, however, since I wasted an Ultra Ball on it. Missingno, on the other hand, had me throwing my Gameboy against the wall. I was 10 when Leafgreen came out, so I wasn't exactly... intelligent.

Back