• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did PMD 2 Change Anything About How You View Pokémon?

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    ^ See title.

For me it definitely did. It changed my view on Bidoof, who I used to consider one of the most annoying Pokémon ever, and I started to even slightly like him.

darkmewham2

Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
    Years
  • I also changed my perspective on Bidoof. Wigglytuff said Yoom-tah in the old games. >.>

I also began to think more about evolution in Pokemon... Grovyle is strong and isn't fully evolved, and your characters save the world but are first stage... A lot of perspective change there that was different than the first game.

Red Lily

Squadallah! We're off!
    Years
  • now everytime i see a grovyle in the regular pokemon games i shout at the screen "GROOOVYYYYLE!!!!" and feel a tiny bit sad on the inside.
    and everytime i see a wigglytuff i laugh and the theme for "the grand master of all things bad" starts playing in my head.
    oh and i used to think sunflora looked weird. now, i feel she still looks weird, but shes also really annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Yes, at that point in the game when I versed Dusknoir it took me 6 tries to beat him cause my Grovyle keeps dying!
    The only annoying bit is everyone time I die, I must go through the dungeon again.
    I eventually beat him by knocking out all the Sableyes first.

The Red Chain

It made me like Bidoof, Chatot, Grovyle, and Wigglytuff a bit more than before. ^.^

Yoom-tah! ~

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Me? Hmm...

I HATE Sableye and Dusknoir whenever I see one in Pokemon Ranger or the main series.
    I love Grovyle, Bidoof and Wigglytuff's "YOOOOOM-TAHHHH!!!", and will be reminded occasionally about PMD2 whenever I see them.
    Oh, and Chatot, of course. The PMD2 one is funny.

"Hey hey hey!" - Corphish.
    Love Corphish for that.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Wow, I see I'm not the only one who's view of some Pokémon and other Poké-related things has changed because of PMD 2.

darkflagrance

Boxquick
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Well, it's always good to have games like these to balance out the perception of weakness that a competitive eye will evaluate most pokemon with. In a story, any pokemon can do anything, regardless of strength.

Back