• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did they really have to make it so hard to get a synchronized Pokemon in this game?

Outlier

Seriously the only two Pokemon that you can catch with this ability are Ralts and Abra (Natu is unavailable as far as I know). Both are extremely rare too.

Synchronize is such an important ability for team building. I just don't see why Gamefreak made X & Y one of the easiest games in the series to beat, yet they continue to make team building stuff like getting the IV's/Natures you want a pain in the ass. Getting the perfect IV's/Natures has always been tedious to me, but unlike shiny-hunting I don't find it satisfying at all once I get what I'm looking for. The whole process just drains me.

Firstworldgamerproblems I know. But I've been hunting for a Timid/Modest synchronized Abra & Ralts for a ridiculous amount of time now and I'm beginning to lose my mind lol.

*Mods I hope I posted in the right section this time, my major complaint is with this game specifically but I do mention the series as a whole so move it if you see fit*

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Erm. Compared to previous generations, IV breeding this gen is an absolute cakewalk. Not to mention access to far superior pokeballs (Quick Ball was built for Abra) earlier on this gen. Go back to R/B/Y and try catch an Abra past Cerulean. Or R/S/E and even finding a Ralts before Petalburg. In comparison, X and Y give it to you on a platter.

Outlier

Erm. Compared to previous generations, IV breeding this gen is an absolute cakewalk. Not to mention access to far superior pokeballs (Quick Ball was built for Abra) earlier on this gen. Go back to R/B/Y and try catch an Abra past Cerulean. Or R/S/E and even finding a Ralts before Petalburg. In comparison, X and Y give it to you on a platter.

I think you mean gen VI breeding? Also how is breeding any better in this game? I'm legitimately asking as I haven't gotten an Abra/Ralts to catch a ditto with the nature I need yet, so I haven't tried breeding in this game.

Quick balls were in previous games too, where Pokemon like Abra, Ralts and Natu were easier to obtain. In R/B/Y you didn't need to worry about natures or iv's so getting an Abra wasn't as urgent as it is in the newer games. Especially if you want to build the best teams you can. It was a much simpler and in many ways more enjoyable time back then if you ask me.

I didn't say it was any harder or easier to get the IV's/Natures you want in this game than in any of the previous ones, I just said that it's still a pain in the ass. It takes time that could be better spent doing something else both in or out of the game. The only thing that I said was worse is getting a pokemon with the synchronize ability.

My criticism about IV's an Natures pertains to the whole series. From R/S/E onward. And I just don't get why with all the things GF made more accessible in X & Y, that they didn't do more about the tediousness that comes with getting the right egg moves, natures, IV's ect for your Pokemon.

And before anyone brings it up I'm well aware of super training but EV's were never much of a problem for me because at least effort values are in your control and not left mainly up to chance.

Years
  • Why breeding is easier in 6th gen?

• every Pokémon in the friend Safari has at least 2 perfect IVs
    • when one of the parents is holding destiny knot 5 IVs of the parents will be inherited
    • the parent who is holding an everstone will pass down its nature to the child (this was also in previous generations)
    • male Pokémon can pass down their hidden ability when bred with Ditto though chances are low (in 5th gen only females could)
    • female can also pass down egg moves I believe but chances are low (only males could in previous generations)

Outlier

Xatu is found in the friend Safari and so is Munna who can also have this ability. Don't forget Espeon and Umbreon. In my opinion there are enough options :)

I thought you couldn't use the friend safari without wifi? Which I don't have. Besides there are Pokemon that I need/want to catch with certain natures before taking on the elite four. Which would be so much easier with a synchronized Pokemon. I'm not saying the process is impossible, again it's just a pain in the ass.

Oh and don't you see that catching an evee with the nature that I need then evolving it into an Espeon will most likely take longer than catching an Abra or Ralts therefore still making the whole process tedious? Gosh!

Did they really have to make it so hard to get a synchronized Pokemon in this game?

Theres an ingame trade for a Modest Synchronize Ralts in a cafe in Lumiose City after the E4.

That's actually really helpful and I'll be sure to get it (no sarcasm intended). But I need one before taking on the E4.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I thought you couldn't use the friend safari without wifi? Which I don't have. Besides there are Pokemon that I need/want to catch with certain natures before taking on the elite four. Which would be so much easier with a synchronized Pokemon. I'm not saying the process is impossible, again it's just a pain in the ass.

Oh and don't you see that catching an evee with the nature that I need then evolving it into an Espeon will most likely take longer than catching an Abra or Ralts therefore still making the whole process tedious? Gosh!

Did they really have to make it so hard to get a synchronized Pokemon in this game?

That's actually really helpful and I'll be sure to get it (no sarcasm intended). But I need one before taking on the E4.

Catch 2 Abra/Ralts (1 male, 1 female) and breed them for their natures + Synchronize. That's what I did.

Years
  • There are also wild Eevee on Route 10 and some Normal-type Friend Safaris which can evolve into Espeon or Umbreon, also. For what it's worth, they're more common in the yellow flowers than tall grass.

But yeah, most of the people above me have already discussed why breeding is so much easier in these games.

edit: ninja'd V_V

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Catch 2 Abra/Ralts (1 male, 1 female) and breed them for their natures + Synchronize. That's what I did.

This is exactly what I did too. I tried it first with a female that had trace, and most of the offspring had trace. I went and caught one with synchronize, and she started popping out all sorts of wonderful little synchronizers for me.

Only downside that I have seen so far, is that synchronize seems to have no effect in the friend safari. Went in with a synchronizer, caught 12 pokemon, and not one of them had the same nature.

Years
  • Oh yeah, even better, something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet: after beating the game, Diantha, the Champion, is in one of the cafés in Lumiose City, and will trade a Modest Female Ralts with Synchronize for any Pokémon of your choosing. Even a Magikarp. That's quite helpful I'd say.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I guess I'm the only one whose going to ask but...if you don't have WiFi why all the possession with what appears to me to be competitive team building?

Also if you're past the E4 go get the pokeradar go to route 5 begin a chain in the big patch of purple flowers, look for the fast & loud grass, there's a good chance it'll be an Abra. Begin chaining said Abra they become much easier to find and you might catch some Syncers or a Shiny.

My preferred method is the aforementioned breeding for Syncers. It takes no time at all,for me anyways, and I use a Japanese ditto for shiny chance.

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • Why not just catch one abra or ralts and breed it until you have the nature you need? Seems easier than just trying to catch the one with the exact nature. You can use that one item from the battle maison to change it's ability too if you really need it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Only downside that I have seen so far, is that synchronize seems to have no effect in the friend safari. Went in with a synchronizer, caught 12 pokemon, and not one of them had the same nature.
    That's actually not a 100% true. Syncronize seems to be a little messed up sometimes. I had times catching one Pokemon with the same nature after the other and then there were times when it took me forever to get a Pokemon with the same nature, even though in both cases I used a Pokemon with Syncronize.

My guess is that it's either a bug or that there are some unknown conditions for the ability to work properly.

Years
  • That's actually not a 100% true. Syncronize seems to be a little messed up sometimes. I had times catching one Pokemon with the same nature after the other and then there were times when it took me forever to get a Pokemon with the same nature, even though in both cases I used a Pokemon with Syncronize.

My guess is that it's either a bug or that there are some unknown conditions for the ability to work properly.

There is only a 50% chance that the wild pokemon will have the same ability, you may catch many random natures in a row then many of the nature you want. After 1000s of encounters it would all even out.

Years
  • When I first started my adventure I caught a Ralts. It was male and I wanted a female so I caught 2-3 more. They all had the ability Syncronize! ~_~ Also, I caught an Abra with this ability on the first try. I don't think it's too difficult. Or maybe I was lucky! ~_~

Back