• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did u play the glitch?

Did you use the glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Once or twice

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    M. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Missingno.

Yes, I did that glitch years ago on my Blue Version. I also found a level 155 Starmie. I did these glitches on other peoples games. I did told them about the bad effects. I even found a level 155 Mewtwo on someones game. It learn Mist, Barrier, Teleport and Amnesia.

I don't get it I tested this on four 1st gen games like these, I only encountered M., but not Missingno, what did I do wrong? I still prefer M.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I was in the 3rd grade when I found out this glitch.

I remember "selling" it to the other kids for their milk or 1 dollar

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    M. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Missingno.

Yes, I did that glitch years ago on my Blue Version. I also found a level 155 Starmie. I did these glitches on other peoples games. I did told them about the bad effects. I even found a level 155 Mewtwo on someones game. It learn Mist, Barrier, Teleport and Amnesia.

I don't get it I tested this on four 1st gen games like these, I only encountered M., but not Missingno, what did I do wrong? I still prefer M.

The variable is the trainers Name I believe. There was some guide on this here a while back, maybe someone can find it.

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
    Yeah I used it a few times.
    Only because I've gone through those games so many times though.

I made my name this weird thing so my MISSINGNO. were skeleton Aerodactyl...
    Which makes you wonder why that sprite even exists...

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Yeah I used it a few times.
    Only because I've gone through those games so many times though.

I made my name this weird thing so my MISSINGNO. were skeleton Aerodactyl...
    Which makes you wonder why that sprite even exists...

The Aerodactyl and Kabutops skeleton are exhibits in the Pewter Museum. Based on the name you pick, the glitch Pokemon will pull a random sprite out of memory and use it. If the first/third/fifth/seventh letter of your character's name is an X or Y, your glitch Pokemon will be a MissingNo. using the skeleton sprite.

And the "weird thing" you named yourself was most likely "Zowayix". Due to the placement of the letters W, X, Y, and Z, MissingNo. will use the Aerodactyl skeleton, Kabutops skeleton, and Ghost Tower GHOST sprites.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Yup

that was my favorite part actually, the glitches intrigued me :3
    i never really duped rare candies tho, just master balls and nuggets x]

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I used it when I was younger, though it was just for nuggets, stones, and calciums etc, as I kept losing to the E4 (though that's what you get, taking battle advice from the show)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yep I did it all the time, and it screwed up my game of course... Even after I had caught all 150 pokemon (legitimately of course) You can probably guess what happened...

And you'd be wrong. I deleted that save file on purpose the very day that I caught my 150th pokemon, and after I had checked out all the little bonuses you get for doing it. I did that so I wouldn't have to be really mad/sad if the game broke or got lost or something... I was a pretty smart 8 or 9 year old. :P Some of you may disagree with that logic, but it saved me future heartache lol.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I met with missingno and also have been in glitch city a few times.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I did not really use the glitches as much. The only time I use the glitch was to get million of rare candies so I can level up the pokemon and evolve them and get that certain pokemon in my pokedex so i could catch them all and that was it... :classic:

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
    After i had completed Blue and Yellow, i went to all lengths to find as many, perhaps all, glitches.

Glitch City, Glitch Trainers, Charizard M', 4., A, Missingno., M', Level 245 Cloyster's (i caught it, it had 845 defense, and when i rare candied it up to 255, it had a defense of 999 :O) etc..

Practically every known one.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I always done it when I was little because cheating was cool in those days.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Awww, I read the guide...and now I know that I picked the wrong name T.T
    I don't like hacking but I think it's okay to use glitches since it's the programmers fault and in a way part of the game...
    In Yellow I only used the Mew glitch because there was no way for me to get a legit Mew. But in Red and Blue (especially Blue) I experimented alot. I always had Missingno. and M' appear although it was alot rarer. Besides those I could encounter Eggsecute and Hauntner.
    I also visited Glitch city (which is named Sunny Town in Germany, dunno why).
    I didn't have glitch Trainers (how to find them? o.O )

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Who didnt? I remember I heard about it from a 6th grader at the time, I was the only one who knew about it, when everyone saw my pokemon were level 100, everyone was like "ZoMg! Pokemon master!!!!" Then a week later, everyone found out about it, and I was just another kid who played Pokemon. :(

Back