• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you beat the game without using ANY traded Pokémon?

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I never use traded pokemon on my first play through. I feel like I didn't accomplish anything doing that. I beat the elite four using an under-leveled team (lv42~48). Was too lazy to grind them to match elite four levels :/. More challenging this way anyway.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I had traded over a Minccino and Petilil in their Eggs from a nice person, so that they would still have my Original Trainer. I didn't want to run through the game with those boosted exp things, so I got the Pokemon I wanted in eggs, and trained them instead.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I did all my way through the game until I reached Opelucid City, and when I was ready to get to the 8th Gym (Lv. 45-46 Pokès), I tried to do a GTS Negotiation, and I got an Oshawott with Night Slash, giving my Simipour. So I replaced my Stoutland (got bored of it) and trained Oshawott with 8th Gym trainers... Nearly reached the team's levels :D
    Now I have a sweet Lv. 83 Samurott, thank you SAMMY!

Years
    I beat the main story with my own pokemon that I caught in the game. But now that I'm doing the post story all I have is an emboar that I traded with someone and the rest on my team are all still my own. It's really easy to train pokemon in black and white because of the new exp. system and the lucky egg item.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i managed to beat it without traded pokemon, except for that emolga i got via in-game trade

Years
    I only used Gen V pokemon I caught in the game with the exception of a Drifblim I caught after my first encounter with the E4 that I took with my on the harder rematch and champion showdown. I haven't traded anything over to my game since I only have one DS and don't know anyone in person who plays the games.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Yep. I used a bunch of Pokemon throughout the game, including:

Stoutland
    Gurdurr
    Blitzle
    Woobat
    Purrloin
    Scolipede
    Simisage

...and eventually I settled on Galvantula, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Mienshao, Jellicent and Gigalith. I caught every one of them (this is my first Gen V run). I'd imagine this will be the last time I do so (except when I Nuzlocke B/W) because I'll set up a full Pokedex to breed teams for later runs on my Challenge (see my sig).

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    In pokemon White, I didn't use a single traded pokemon.

In pokemon Black, I traded five eggs over to it from my White version. I am currently in Driftveil City, and the Exp. Boost does help quite a bit.

Back