• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did you bother with Beldum?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I didn't get any bother. I use it in my team any trained it well. Its now 59 or something. And i really like Metang. Its a great well designed Pokemon. Now i am thinking of Using it in my 3rd league. I mean i am gonna use it when i will battle 3rd time the league. And i am happy to have him. I used Exp share first to rise up his lvl to 20 so he can fight on his own. Then i returned to first and 2nd towns and make it grow up. It evolved when he was something like 40 or 30 lvled. Then again it evolved into metang in 50 or something. I t evolved earlier then that but i didn't let it evolve. Because the stronger it will be the strong evolve it will. So then i trained him tooo good. Now i am training it in all the region. I hope it will help me in Future. when i will challenge the league.

Years
Oh yes!

I bothered with Beldum alright. I took it, trained it, evolved it, and made it a team member.

Metagross = Almost the best Pokemon you'd have in Gen III.

Years
Since I didn't get the Beldum unitl I was already done crafting my team, I never bothered with it. If we got it earlier in the game than that, though, I'm sure it would've found some use in my team, as I've enjoyed using it in a few of the newer games.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Oh yes!

I bothered with Beldum alright. I took it, trained it, evolved it, and made it a team member.

Metagross = Almost the best Pokemon you'd have in Gen III.

Since I didn't get the Beldum unitl I was already done crafting my team, I never bothered with it. If we got it earlier in the game than that, though, I'm sure it would've found some use in my team, as I've enjoyed using it in a few of the newer games.

Hey Unidentifield yes Metagross is a cool and really handy Pokemon but we can't call it the best. But yeah in a way its better then some Pokemon.

Look like Brendino Craft his\her team well. yeah the whole game is too enjoyable. And Metagross and Beldum make it more enjoyable.

Armour Lapras

You may not ride on me, Ash
Years
Nah, I never bothered with it. My bro spent hours training it to a Metagross. I didn't even take the Beldum a few times.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Armour Lapras So how about trading it right now or get it now ? It will be fun to have Beldum. atleast give a try ! :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
i didnt mess with him, which is kind of funny now cause metagross is one of my all time favs

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
Of course I picked up the Beldum -- free Pokemon! XD In all seriousness, though, I did have a lot of use for it, because I was a huge Pokedex nut, so I raised it up to catalog it.

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Sure, I trainted it, but you couldn't say it wasn't frustrating having to use take down for 20 levels before evolution. Any it was useful for breeding Beldum Eggs with the right IVs and all. Metagross is the real reward here, he is one wonderful sweeper. So it's pretty worth it. Unless you decide that after you beat the E4 you're high tailing outta here. XD

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I didn't seem to train Beldum up after I acquired it. I already had my team set, so I didn't have any use for it.

Years
I trained Beldum a little until i knew that he does't learn new attacks until he evolves at lvl 20 :(

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I actually did in my latest playthrough. I believe it was during the summer of 2012, where I was stuck away from home without any internet for about a week, so to pass the time I'd borrowed Sapphire and a GBA SP from one of my friends. Since there wasn't much to do in the post-game, I decided I wanted to catch and train some of the more rare Pokemon. So I got Beldum, and started training it. Not the most entertaining thing in the world, but I eventually evolved it into a Metang, though gave up on the whole task shortly after because it just took too long. So I've never actually owned a Metagross.

I also did the same thing with Bagon, but that's another story ;p

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
as i saw beldum the first time, i though wth a pokemon with only take down, but after a while i decided to give it a try, i got it evolved into a metacross with awsome attacks, thanks to him i was able to get a golden coin in the battle tower in pokemon emerald :D

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
Years
I really like Metagross, its one of my favorite pokemon so naturally I evolved my Belldum :D Metagross really helped me out in the battle frontier!

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
I did, for an...interesting run I did of Sapphire one time.

Basically I had planned to try and solo the game with Blaziken, but along the way I revived Anorith and decided to train that. So I beat the E4 with those two, then found and caught Latias, and then grabbed Beldum and trained that too. Metagross is a world beater, and I just wish there were more games (well, hacks really) where it could be caught before beating the league.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
No. Whenever I (re)play a pokemon game, I have my team already built before I start playing. I like it better that way :)
Plus getting a level 5 pokemon when I have a team of level 50s is a bit useless, and I don't usually use legendaries or pseudo legendaries.

Years
I never actually used it before - Mainly because I've never actually like adding new team members to team after beating elite 4 and champion. I usually have full team of 6 by the end of the game and I'd have to move one of my strong pokemon in a box and switch it for something kinda weak with take down and low leveled - so I usually just get it for dex and nothing else.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Metagross is one hell of a badass. I trained it up to probably somewhere around level 80 so I used it quite a bit. Good memories.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I did because then after I beat the game I traded it over to a new game to use at the beginning.

Back