• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you completely finish HG/SS?

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    With the Black and White release in US tomorrow, I'm curious who here all finished HG/SS before it goes into obsoleteness (not really but I don't imagine too many people will be playing it afterwards for a while).

I beat 3 gyms in Kanto then restarted, and lost all motivation to play... I'll beat it eventually though.

Years
  • Kinda-sorta. Beat all the gyms + Red, completed all events (Arceus, Pichu, Celebi, etc.), did a few other things.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I never got around to beting Red, Maybe thats what I could do tonight to pass the time.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Nope, I still haven't beaten either game yet. I'm doing a bit of training on HG at the moment. I won't be able to pick up B/W tomorrow anyway (probably won't be able to for a couple of weeks), so I still have time.

Right now, I have 8 badges on HG, but haven't gotten around to beating the Elite Four yet. I have one or two badges on SS (it's mostly an event-collecting/storage game pak at the moment, but I would like to continue on it at some point). I just don't have that much time to play Pokemon anymore.

Snopes

Veteran Newblette
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Yep Yep!
    I beat Red and then I restarted cause I get bored quickly with old save files :)

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I guess the game wasn't that much of a difference from Gold for me which I played during the 4th Generation.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Black and White can wait, I'm still playing Soulsilver!

I am going to get White when it gets cheaper, which might be another 2 months.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    i still got mine in the box, i never even played it yet or turned on the poke walker but i want black and white tho lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    well if you didn't finish it by now , you're probably never going to finish it with black and white out now lol, whose gonna want to go back and play those

actually now that i think about it the only one i ever beat was blue, cause i got stuck on silver and heart gold like i said i never opened it, think im gonna save it lol

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • Hahaha, no. I haven't even attempted to go through Victory Road in Johto. Reason being I'm lazy and it got kinda boring.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Ya, finished it. Took me some time to beat red tho, mostly because he wasnt as overpowered as i thought and i overestimated him.

nm legend

Years
  • yea im almost there....finally got all 16 badges yesterday........and im just training for Red now.....the funny thing is i started playing Black real quick and wen i played HG after it just seemed so much better....the end to an epic journey is near!

....now as far as Platinum i have a long way to go.............

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I've completed silver up until you go to fight red. as for gold i've only really just started playing that

Years
  • I'm yet to battle Red and the E4 the second time around. Also, I haven't done any Wi-fi event yet (I've only got the Latios one anyway).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I completed the Elite Four and Red. Now I am completing my National Dex which is up to 445. I'm almost there!

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • I beat it. And I beat Red in one shot after only two weeks of playing xD
    Never got Celebi though and my gf erased and started a file on my HG.
    So all is well that ends well, it was a good run and Black & White is just a new road; however I am taking the scenic route, no need to rush.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I never beat it. I got to Kanto and beat two of the gyms I believe. I was more into finishing Pearl and then Platinum so I didn't play HG as much as I thought I would. I will eventually, but right now I want to play Black some more before I take a break and play a different game. :)

Back