• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen DId You Even Finish The Game?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I beat the game about 2-4 days after I got it, cause I was playing with the DexNav trying to get my competitive team and catch every Pokemon on the route before I move on.

I enjoyed the game, but I kind of expected a little more out of it. It was very well done, I honestly enjoyed this game.

Years
    So far in the game I've reached Mauville City, but I just sorta died once I reached there. I've really gotten bored with the game and to be honest it hasn't lived up to the expectations I was expecting. I don't know why I feel the way I feel but it's just not giving me that "WOW" factor that Pokemon games should. Even though I want to keep playing just to finish it, I know that I won't really enjoy the game for what it is, so I'm just taking a month long break. Yeah I know it's a long time, but if you've ever grown unmotivated to do something and you wait a long time and come back to it, the feeling you [might] have is amazing! And that's the feeling I want with ORAS.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    I always loved the RSE games. Hoenn has always been my favorite region after all.

And I felt these remakes made it even better. I tried not to rush through it but I beat it in 3 or 4 days anyways. In my opinion it really lived up to the hype.

Currently I'm taking a break cause I'm mainly busy on smash game-wise. But after that I'll continue hunting for shiny legendaries. Already did Regice and Lugia, now I'm trying for a shiny Kyurem.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I finally completed Alpha Sapphire last night including the Delta Epsiode, and that was probably the best storyline I've ever seen in any Pokemon game. The characters, the cutscenes, the depth, all of it was just spectacular. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with the next game or games, the Delta Episode has opened up so many possibilities.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Eh. I never finished the old games either. But I moreso lost motivation because of the grinding I had to do before the Elite Four and how I utterly couldn't be bothered to. And when I got these games, it was around the time Diamond and Pearl came out, and they were honestly much better to play due to the newer features, better graphics, and more Pokemon. (As well as the Special/Physical split. I don't like playing anything before that.) So I dropped the original Sapphire completely.

As for this one, I didn't play through Omega Ruby too quickly. But not too slowly either. At around the same pace I finished Y, but a bit slower than that.

Just finished Delta Episode a few days ago. It was okay, but it left me feeling empty and with no real sort of emotion or investment. It feels like they were trying to make a good story, but the execution and characters was primitive. It's like these games are taking their baby steps to make a nice narrative and I'm happy about that, but I'm more looking forward to when they refine it into something I can actually be immersed into. (Like Black, Black was pretty good in that regard, although still not the best.) It was... a decent game, but I didn't really have that many expectations for it. I usually don't for a Pokemon game, because I know exactly what I'm going to get due to the fact that they change so little across iterations. And I pretty much got everything I knew I was going to get. Soaring was the only thing that really got me super excited.

Now I'm going to catch all the Legendaries in my Omega Ruby before finally putting it down to go back to my older games and Y so I can get things transferred across generations and organized. I'm more excited to finish White 2 (which I never got around to completing) than I was Omega Ruby, to be honest. Probably not going to be playing much of it once I've completed that task. I just don't like Hoenn that much. Y will go back to being my main game when I restart it and play through it again.

I'm just mostly excited to move away from ORAS and to whatever the inevitable third version will be of Kalos. Already want to get to the next Pokemon games.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I love it so far. Just beat the 5th gym leader (our dad I guess) and just loaded it up for about an hour before I have to do RP gaming. I loved the original Ruby game as well and I would probably have played it for much longer than I ended up doing.... the battery died :(

I still enjoyed the heck out of X/Y (the only version where I completed the Pokedex), but hopefully I am just as drawn into the endgame of this version too.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I do not recall having any kind of motivation issues with the game, nor the original Ruby. In fact, my first play-through of Ruby was my best friend during a several hour trip. lol.

Regardless, OR/AS did not do much to make me change my opinions of R/S/E being the weakest entries in the series. I prefer almost everything about X/Y over OR/AS.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    I finished the game roughly 10 days after release main storyline and delta. I went and transferred all my Pokemon over and then caught the legendary pokemon. I haven't really touched it since december because I've lost all motivation to play it anymore. It just stopped being fun for me. I've gotten every Pokemon game to this one and I put it my bottom 3 of the series. I was hoping for a battle frontier but oh well, ill survive. Maybe ill pick up and dust it off and start playing again.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I put this game down after beating the Fortree Gym...

...wait for it...

... during my sixth playthrough of the game.

No motivation issues for me :) .

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Did anyone find that the double daycare made any sense for ORAS? I might try to finish it and get the PokéDEX done just for that if it's actually any more efficient. It seems more efficient, but flying back and forth and trying to keep track of two things at the same time... It seems overly complicated lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Having the 2nd Daycare right next to the IV Judge was great. Not that flying takes a whole lot of time, but anything to cut down on breeding time is good in my book.

Years
    I think they might have included that given that the second Daycare is right near one of the most notable places in the game to train your Pokémon and battle strong trainers at (the Battle Resort). That might not be much to warrant such inclusion, but I guess they wanted to include it. Oh, and so they could have a Daycare run by little children.

Years
    I usually complete pokémon games about two days after the release date after barely putting it down from the moment I buy it, but OR was very different. I always felt like the R/S/E games were very good, but for some reason I just stopped playing for two months after I beat Norman. Eventually I got round to just finishing the story, but then I've struggled to motivate myself to do any post-game compared to X were I played for quite a bit after the E4.

I wouldn't be able to put my finger on what caused the lack of motivation to be honest, it might even have had nothing to do with the game. The main game was very easy, but that's the same as all pokémon games except maybe FR/LG.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Usually it would take me like 4 days of solid playing to get through the storyline of any Pokemon game, However Alpha sapphire took me at least two weeks to get completed. For some reason the game felt quite dry.. true i liked the aesthetic design, I had really high expectations. I was really pumped for a revamped battle frontier.. but alas some dreams and hopes will never come through .

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I think its a mixture of the game being too easy and aging. I beat the elite 4, played a little bit of the whole deoxys quest then just put the game down, but now I dont know what I've got to do so I just gave up on it

Years
    It was definitely worthy of the hype imo. I played through the entire story within a week or so and loved every moment of it, especially the Delta Episode and Steven's more fleshed-out character. Though I've still yet to break 300 hours in the game which really impresses me since I somehow managed to get 310+ in X and can't even recall what I was doing that took up so much time (which isn't a bad thing, I suppose)?

Hoenn's my favorite region and these remakes were a step up from the originals, which didn't have many notable characters or as many Pokemon to use.. not to mention the DexNav is wonderful. Very satisfied.

pkmin3033

I finished the story, but not the Delta Episode...I might go back and do it somewhen, but I'm more likely to do it as part of a replay. It might have been due to having to wait the extra week, or the fact that Hoenn was my least favourite region, but Alpha Sapphire didn't really captivate me as much as X did...it didn't feel quite as momentous as HeartGold/SoulSilver did as a remake.

...of course, I might have felt differently if I had played the Delta Episode, but that I wasn't motivated to play it at all doesn't speak well for the game in my opinion. Sure, it was fun as all Pokemon games are, but it wasn't exceptional or memorable. Merely passable.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    So after the games release i played quite a bit up to victory road but not in 2 days like i usually do. It took me 2 weeks to do that i lost drive to play as often and idk why finally i got to beating the entire game and delta episode but i wasnt giddy or happy the game was just missing something and it was incredibly easy like doing something u have to do with no challenge. I was kinda disappointed with Oras and i hope they begin to add difficulty in the future gens.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I need to get to the Delta episode, which is where I stopped at in OR. It's not because I no longer had the interest, it's because I had other games to play and those got in the way. xD I hope to finish it asap since I heard the episode was really good.

Back