• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did you ever notice this?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Weird. I saw the Youtube link and the time and I think- okay, there's a glitch. Nidorino isn't Nidorina!

That's a cool find, I never noticed it because I never played Red. It's not in Yellow, I think.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Well I knew before now, but only because I read it somewhere else. It was possibly in Bulbapedia Trivia. It's strange alright. I'm not too sure why they did it.

Years
  • Wow, that is pretty interesting. I always wondered why Oak used that Pokemon for a demonstration though.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Similarly, Charizard and Rhyhorn share a cry as well as Poliwag and Ditto.

I didn't realise that Nidorino/a held the same cries before, so I guess it is cool that they can actually be considered as 'somewhat' related rather than the other examples :P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    DrFuji, (if you are a real doctor) they have different cries in all Pokemon games, this is a programming error.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Yeah, the point is not that the two share a cry, but that the Nidorino in the intro uses Nidorina's cry... Well, I think they do technically have the same cry, but that's still besides the point.

That's pretty awesome. How one actually notices a Pokemon using the wrong cry, let alone such similar ones, is beyond me.

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
  • I agree. It's pretty unbelievable that someone would even notice the mistake here. Pretty weird that the developers would even make this mistake in the first place, although R/B was not perfect really in any aspect

Back