• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Did you ever wanted to see a new 3rd gen. game?

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Did you really ever wanted to see another game for the 3rd gen? Or for the gba? If yes, what would you want to name it?

I'm really sad when they stopped making a game on the 3rd gen. Cause not all of us can afford to buy the new gens.

Wouldn't it be great if we will have a new game to play on the gba engine? I know there are many great hacks, but what if, a new game that is better to hack with, right?
    It will be titled like, Pokemon Combination (i know its a bad name)
    It will be like the combination of all the current 3rd gens.
    Just an idea.

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was fine by the time they'd released Pokémon Emerald, and was all set to hop onto a completely new generation... buuut, if I were given the chance to create another game within gen-three, it probably would've been a remake of Yellow and the third installment to FireRed and LeafGreen. Not sure what I'd call it, though. Probably ThunderYellow. I know it sounds a little cheesy, but. xD"

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    I was fine by the time they'd released Pokémon Emerald, and was all set to hop onto a completely new generation... buuut, if I were given the chance to create another game within gen-three, it probably would've been a remake of Yellow and the third installment to FireRed and LeafGreen. Not sure what I'd call it, though. Probably ThunderYellow. I know it sounds a little cheesy, but. xD"

Right! The yellow remake would be great. Specially the pokemon following you, on gba, wow.. Haha. (nostalgic)

If theres improved version of red/green, there should be yellow. {:3}

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
    Yes, as a kid, I would have loved a "ThunderYellow"... I was also, as a child, really hoping that they would make a G/S/C remake for GBA... I didn't have a computer back then, so I didn't know about ShinyGold. ;) I had a lot of trouble adjusting to Gen IV, so I would have just loved having more Gen III goodness... In fact, the only reason I even got into Gen IV was because of HG/SS. (Though, admittedly, after I gave D/P/Pl another try, I loved it.)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    They had a lot of quality Gen III Games as well as a few spin offs. They did well with the GBA. And the only additional one that does seem suitable is ThunderYellow.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    }
    I've always dreamed of that!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Yes I would have liked yellow remake in GBA that would have been cool

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Not really. By the time Emerald was released I was 5 or 6 years old.. Also Anuya, rom hacking exists ya know?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Yes, as a kid, I would have loved a "ThunderYellow"...
    As a kid, i wanted this to happen as well!! Pokemon Yellow was my very first game, so i would have loved to see a remake of it, just for nostalgia reason. I actually really like how the 3rd Gen Games look and feel, even more than the 4th Gen ones, so i would have loved to have another Pokegame on the GBA.

Years
    I really wished "ShinyGold" to be a real game back before HGSS were released. I wasn't too enthused as much about a possible "Yellow" remake, but nonetheless it would've been cool if it existed.

Back